3.00 star(s) 8 Votes

luvsabunch86

Jun 3, 2018
Using QSP Save Editor, anybody know how to add and remove Sarah and Noelle from the cellphone? I haven't found any line so far to do so yet.

Cptn. Popcorn

Jun 26, 2017
It isnt explicitly said thats her password, but i think Baskerville is highlighted when its mentioned. Or that might have been in the Rags version
Thank you, because I tried to use the full title of the book she mentioned, the hound of the baskervilles, but there was no highlighting or anything so I was confused. Thank you though, as I haven't played the Rags version and so I wouldn't have known about the highlighting of baskerville.

Reactions: luvsabunch86

FallenLondon

Aug 5, 2016
Quick fix for the "2 girls talking on weekends window bug"

use qsp edit

open save file

edit these three lines with the values:

HISTOIRE_NOELIE_SARAH 8

DELAI_VETEMENTS_NOELIE_SARAH 358

ATT_NOELIE_SARAH 10155

Thaks to savefile from
If you set the Histoire_Noelie_Sarah to 1 in a clean save file the next step seems to work. For people wanting to fix it in the QSP itself, something's wrong in
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But I don't see it.
Anyway, setting the history to 1 at least lets you continue.

FallenLondon

Aug 5, 2016
1.1.3.3 has been released. It's impossible to start a new game with it though, so don't bother. On the bright side, the looping bug upon starting a game with no saves present has gone.

Prustan

Sep 30, 2017
Sorry if it's been asked a bunch of times already, but is there a nice, convenient cheat menu around? Having to spend 8 or 9 hours talking with Noelle about nothing before she'll let you join in when she's playing with the baby is a bit much.

Also, is there a display option for 'average words per hour' so I'll know approximately when I'll finish writing?
And is there an indicator for when the pool/garden/laundry need to be done, so I don't waste time doing them when I don't need to, but also don't piss off the wife for leaving them too long?

Reactions: Pumpkin1984

Malaka

Jul 12, 2017
There should be a cheat mod in the thread. Dont think you can see the average words, think its decided on how well rested you are (IIRC) or might be a flat number, havnt seen anything about a specific number tho. And when it comes to cleaning you can see how clean it is when you do it, It will say if Sarah will be happy or not with the condition of the house.

Not sure if you can see it without actually cleaning tho. Havnt played the game in a while and dont have it downloaded right now

Reactions: Pumpkin1984

luvsabunch86

Jun 3, 2018
Sorry if it's been asked a bunch of times already, but is there a nice, convenient cheat menu around? Having to spend 8 or 9 hours talking with Noelle about nothing before she'll let you join in when she's playing with the baby is a bit much.

Also, is there a display option for 'average words per hour' so I'll know approximately when I'll finish writing?
And is there an indicator for when the pool/garden/laundry need to be done, so I don't waste time doing them when I don't need to, but also don't piss off the wife for leaving them too long?
Yeah Noelle is a bit leery when it comes to letting you help with Peter until you have enough points. She's pretty easy about other things though. Writing words seems about the same per hour to me. Huge difference between a pad and pen vs. using a computer though. And I haven't seen anything that leads me to think everything must be cleaned. It seems to me it is just a point system. Laundry and organizing the shed doesn't give you much clean points. But it doesn't take time either. There is a weak walkthrough around. I'll dig it up if you can't find it.

EDIT: Found the walkthrough

Fuksara

May 28, 2017
Sorry to bother, but can anyone provide latest version on mega? Maybe i skipped somehow or blind by nature... Just mega links, no torrents please. Thank you

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
I feel like there aren't as many of these games as there could be? Like this is decent if not a bit stressful with the translations and stuff. Is QSP just a nightmare to make games with? Since the majority of the content you're gonna need already exists out there I figured there'd be more of them being made haha.

JulienJaden

May 15, 2017
I feel like there aren't as many of these games as there could be? Like this is decent if not a bit stressful with the translations and stuff. Is QSP just a nightmare to make games with? Since the majority of the content you're gonna need already exists out there I figured there'd be more of them being made haha.
In my experience with GirlLife, writing and coding in QSP is extremely easy.

That being said, my only point of reference is Twine and a bit of HTML, I don't know how much quality of life other game systems have to offer. Maybe it's just a matter of taste. Maybe QSP limits options a little too much when it comes to interactive animations - real-timey stuff in general doesn't seem to be QSP's strong suit.

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
In my experience with GirlLife, writing and coding in QSP is extremely easy.

That being said, my only point of reference is Twine and a bit of HTML, I don't know how much quality of life other game systems have to offer. Maybe it's just a matter of taste. Maybe QSP limits options a little too much when it comes to interactive animations - real-timey stuff in general doesn't seem to be QSP's strong suit.
I guess so yeah. I just feel like this kind of game, especially ones that use images and gifs as reference would just be real easy to knock out haha. But what do I know!

FallenLondon

Aug 5, 2016
What can I say, I'm a glutton for punishment.

Problems with version 1.1.3.3 and how to fix them:
1. Starting a new game is impossible. Work around: get a save from someone and put it in the saves folder.
2. Endless loop when you sneak up on the girls in the weekend. Work around: use QSP save editor and change HISTOIRE_NOELIE_SARAH to 1. Tip: do this immediately after starting a new game.
3. When you go to the gala with a camera in your possession you get in an endless loop if you talk to Nathalie. Work around: don't buy the camera before going there! You can also modify your save. I've forgotten the variable's name, so good luck. I figured it out, and so can you.
4. After giving the lingerie to Noélie, she'll strip in your bedroom and the scene never progresses after a couple of clicks. Solution: edit the QSP with qgen and edit cinematique. Zigmut does some weird shit there. Just strip it out and you should be fine. Or fix it, if you're a programmer.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
@RudeboyUK : I've seen you post in Zigmut's thread on Shark's. If you're up to it, feel free to post this on the lagoon :).

Reactions: kkai

JulienJaden

May 15, 2017
I guess so yeah. I just feel like this kind of game, especially ones that use images and gifs as reference would just be real easy to knock out haha. But what do I know!
You can definitely make something happen fairly quickly with QSP, especially if you can do it fulltime thanks to Patreon or another service.
But it depends on how (how much, how quickly, how satisfied you are with your work, how much you want to open a scene to player choice...) you write, what material you wanna use and how you approach picture/gif/video searches: Do you find them before you write the scene and build your scenes and story around them or do you have a scene in mind and have to find pictures for them?

One writer might spend an entire workday on a game and end up with a dozen new scenes (if they are several screens big; for single screen random scenes, the number can be much higher if you are really spending an entire day on it and are "in the zone" for most of it).
Another writer might only finish (or not even finish) one large (many screens spanning) scene but that scene may have a lot of variants to account for things the player may have done before and/or it might also offer the player a couple of choices throughout.

If your reference material is a really small set of pictures, you can't really do much more than write a linear scene.
But if you have a large set (or butcher small sets and grab the best picture or two to create your own set), you can play with them, create variation, account for player choice, make it more interactive.

So even creating one scene can be really time-consuming, especially compared to how quickly players will finish it. It's all a matter of approach and of what the developer wants to do. That's why I'm trying to stay chill when I see devs taking their time with something - GirlLife has taught me how daunting a task it can be to make a game, even when you have all tools and knowledge you need at your disposal.

Reactions: Fox.Mulder

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
Yeah it's all definitely understandable, and I'm also totally chill with developers taking their time with these things. Seen a lot of them end up unwell due to over-work and stress and stuff so that makes total sense. And I hope I wasn't coming across as if I were less than thankful for what's available already or anything!
These types of games just seem like they're amongst the simplest, potentially, to put together and I guess it surprised me how few there are by comparison to other types of games. Maybe the demand isn't quite so high; all I know is they seem pretty enjoyable when the grind isn't TOO much work for the reward!

Reactions: JulienJaden

JulienJaden

May 15, 2017
Yeah it's all definitely understandable, and I'm also totally chill with developers taking their time with these things. Seen a lot of them end up unwell due to over-work and stress and stuff so that makes total sense. And I hope I wasn't coming across as if I were less than thankful for what's available already or anything!
These types of games just seem like they're amongst the simplest, potentially, to put together and I guess it surprised me how few there are by comparison to other types of games. Maybe the demand isn't quite so high; all I know is they seem pretty enjoyable when the grind isn't TOO much work for the reward!
Don't worry, you definitely weren't coming across as pushy or ungrateful!
I just read something of the sort in the thread on Oni's Rogue-Like, so since I was writing a reply to you anyway, I thought I ought to address this side of it as well.
I can understand that people may be feeling impatient when somebody takes a long time to release something or when they feel that the developer has slowed down, but the more complex the system that is being worked on, the longer it takes to figure out how you can do what you wanna do without messing up everything else; and you are absolutely right on some overworking themselves in their effort to deliver content at the same pace every month, regardless of their circumstances or the complexity of their work. There are certainly some devs out there who are milking their fans, patrons, and customers for as much money as they can get but it's not an accusation to make lightly (again, not something you said or implied but something somebody accused Oni of).

Maybe the games that are using QSP are part of what makes it less attractive for developers looking for the tools of their trade?
I mean, most QSP games are really grindy Russian simulation games with weird and frustratingly specific conditions for continuing the plot; the English versions of the majority of them are usually just bad machine translations and the quality of the content (photos, videos, GUI, writing, etc.) ranges from pretty good (Son of a Bitch and Family Life have come a long way) to absolutely awful. And even though a lot of effort is put into making GirlLife fun and intuitive, I remember very well how overwhelmed I felt the first time I played it. QSP games tend to be the Dark Souls of the AIF genre: A lot of complexity and stuff you can do right from the start but very little handholding - sink or swim, it's all up to you.
When you are in company like that, some players might just skip your game because they associate the system with a very steep learning curve, bad translations, and potentially a long wait before they can get the fap train going.

And QSP certainly isn't as popular as Ren'py. Even Twine, which seems to have dropped in popularity lately, is more widely known than QSP. Could be that, by the time a dev even discovers QSP as an option, they've already started working on their project in another system and would rather just stick with what they've gotten comfortable with.

Reactions: Fox.Mulder

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
Yeah I think you're definitely right with that sort of thing, popularity does tend to rule regardless of ease of use or simplicity etc. I guess other ways of making games are just far more popular. Though it does then make me wonder why there aren't any (that I know of) "real life" versions of the multitude of 3D games that Ren'py produces pretty regularly! Again there could be mitigating circumstances with the way those games are coded of course.
I suppose I just feel like these could be more popular, perhaps if they weren't all Russian and in need of translation. But hey, I guess I've taken this off topic a bit from the actual game thread so apologies for that! It just seemed like an interesting point having gone through a few of these games in recent months!

dregostr

Jul 7, 2018
Can anybody here please tell me what the triggers for events for the relationship between Noelle and Sarah are because I've been trying for some time and I can't seem to make any progress on that front. I've got 3 so far:
  1. Got the lounge scene where they are both sitting and talking on the weekend.
  2. Got the spilled coffee on the blouse in the weekday morning.
  3. Got the tanning topless out in the garden which the protagonist watches from the bedroom window everyday.
I've also got the events where Noelle and Sarah try on clothes in Noelle's room which as I understand it is not so much an event that raises the level of relationship between them as just shows how far along they are. They are going up to taking off their bras in my game.
But I can't seem to get anything beyond that. I know the relationship needs to rise more levels because right now Sarah gets horrified if I ask her to strip in front of Noelle in the garden at 1800 on the weekends.
Both their intimacy levels with me are in the 2000s, and I'm pretty sure their attraction level towards each other is also high enough.
So what am I missing? What triggers the event to raise their relationship to the next level? Where do I go? When do I go there? Or what do I do?

Also, is anything supposed to happen if Sarah and Noelle go to the country house without the protagonist? I only got a yeah we relaxed sort of answer at 1900 in the kitchen the first time I sent them away.

One more -- I can't seem to find Sarah anywhere if I go to the University. I'm not registered there either as student nor as teacher. So does she only show up after registering or are there no scenes with her in the university?

Sorry for the barrage of questions but I tried looking for this info and I couldn't find it anywhere.

Thanks and regards.

3.00 star(s) 8 Votes