Ren'Py Abandoned Unforeseen Ascent: Origin [Alpha 1.0a] [Archronique]

ive_got-problems

Mar 21, 2018
Click on the "action movie", that's here you can see all available actions in a location.
You're not the first person having a problem with this, that's why I polished the UI for the next update,

View attachment 403929

But now that we talk about it, since the next update is in one month (two for non-patrons) and since it will not be the last time I hear about this problem, I'm gonna make a little update of the current release with the new UI and the quest log. :)
OMG I'm so special, I swear I thought I clicked that, but yeah it totally worked lol. Thank you very much! lol

Reactions: Archronique

ive_got-problems

Mar 21, 2018
Archronique my suggestion would be hints or a quest log in the character notes, i got lost on the Abigail route due to not remembering to do the nooptroic first, doing that would remove the need for a walkthrough for alot of people and make the character screen more useful. Thanks!
I've done all the things that I'm supposed to do with everyone except Abigail, but I can't figure out how to trigger anything with her. :unsure: I've taken pink and the pink/red pills, but I can't figure out any time to give anyone the blue stuff. And I assume I'm supposed to give that to her at some point. How did you advance?

Archronique

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
I've done all the things that I'm supposed to do with everyone except Abigail, but I can't figure out how to trigger anything with her. :unsure: I've taken pink and the pink/red pills, but I can't figure out any time to give anyone the blue stuff. And I assume I'm supposed to give that to her at some point. How did you advance?
You just need to have the requiered items in your inventory and talk to her (event menu).
When the pill is red in your inventory it means that you are already under the effect of another pill.

Reactions: ive_got-problems

ive_got-problems

Mar 21, 2018
You just need to have the requiered items in your inventory and talk to her (event menu).
When the pill is red in your inventory it means that you are already under the effect of another pill.
Hmm, I have all three pills, and I'm in her dorm room and it's giving me no events with her. I've tried it while taking pills and without taking anything. But no matter what, I'm not triggering anything with her. Obviously I'm doing something wrong lol

Archronique

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
Hmm, I have all three pills, and I'm in her dorm room and it's giving me no events with her. I've tried it while taking pills and without taking anything. But no matter what, I'm not triggering anything with her. Obviously I'm doing something wrong lol
Oh, maybe you always talk to her the night (some events like this one are only available on day time)?

Another possibility, do you already really tried the morpheus pill? I mean study at the library or the classroom when under the effect?

ive_got-problems

Mar 21, 2018
Oh, maybe you always talk to her the night (some events like this one are only available on day time)?

Another possibility, do you already really tried the morpheus pill? I mean study at the library or the classroom when under the effect?
Ohh, no I sure have not lol. I've only been trying it on her at her apartment at night since I assumed we had to be alone lol. But that sure was the problem. Had to do them while she was at school. Thanks for figuring it out for me again. :p I swear I've never felt more dense before lol

Archronique

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
Hi, as announced, since the 2 most recurring critics are about the UI (action button mainly) and the absence of a quest log and since the next release will only be in some weeks (for patrons, more than a month for the public release), I decided to make a small update of the Alpha 1.0 that corrects these 2 problems.
It will benefit especially those who have never played the game but if you want to take a look I updated the thread :).

What's new?
-The action button is removed, instead, actions available in places are now directly on the UI, the gameplay is more fluid like that.
-Some improvement about the UI like a better progress bars, notifications and choice menus and etc
-Rebalancing of the study quota, it is easier to reach the max and so to make money, also nootropics are more useful.
-Integration of the quest log system, never be lost again!
-Correction of translation mistakes that have been identified

Oh and just to avoid any confusion about what is UA, I added the point & click tag and deleted the VN tag (y).

AdamJohn36

Feb 12, 2019
As I said the incest part is not only for MC, don't worry I didn't put this tag for clickbait.

Also, Alice is not a MC childhood friend but something strictly identical to sister (And you will never see MC talk about her with words related to friendship). In French we call these people " " (or "Soeur de coeur" for sisters) wich means "A person whom you consider to be your brother/sister without having a biological link with him/her".
Unfortunately I didn't found a word or expression in english for this french term, translators say "heart brother" but it seems nobody know this term on the internet, and soulmate is another thing radically different. :confused:
Okay, so just to clarify, the main character will never actually have sex with a female that is biologically blood related but other characters in the game will be able to have sex other characters that are biologically blood related?

Archronique

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
Okay, so just to clarify, the main character will never actually have sex with a female that is biologically blood related but other characters in the game will be able to have sex other characters that are biologically blood related?
Pretty much this yeah, "will have" or "had", the game will not always take place in the present.

Reactions: AdamJohn36

AdamJohn36

Feb 12, 2019
Pretty much this yeah, "will have" or "had", the game will not always take place in the present.
Okay, that is a little disappointing. Will the main character be able to impregnate any of the women he is "training" in future updates?

spam753

Aug 6, 2017
amazing start. i like the story and the girls, character and looks-wise.

many games at this stage are a 90% empty sandbox that let you endlessly click through rooms to find an event or a person. you solved all this perfectly.

I am usually easily lost and clueless which actions the game expects from me, that never happened in your game.

one small suggestion:
I was absolutely clueless how to read the damn manual, cause I did it at night for the first time. I dragged and clicked and double clicked... maybe show a [READ] button even at night but respond with something like "It's too late for that" if clicked.

Haha, glad to see that I'm not the only one having an overdose of bimbos.
(...)
same. though tbh alices boobs still look a bit big for her tiny frame, they don't really fit. (judging by the one scene at the clinic.) especially the right one looks like it's glued on :D

Last edited:

Archronique

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
amazing start. i like the story and the girls, character and looks-wise.

many games at this stage are a 90% empty sandbox that let you endlessly click through rooms to find an event or a person. you solved all this perfectly.

I am usually easily lost and clueless which actions the game expects from me, that never happened in your game.
Thanks!
one small suggestion:
I was absolutely clueless how to read the damn manual, cause I did it at night for the first time. I dragged and clicked and double clicked... maybe show a [READ] button even at night but respond with something like "It's too late for that" if clicked.
Great idea, it will be added in the next update (y)
same. though tbh alices boobs still look a bit big for her tiny frame, they don't really fit. (judging by the one scene at the clinic.)
I understand what you mean, Alice shape is deliberately well curved to be sure to not have any problem with Patreon (when I see that many think she is not even 15, it comforts me in this choice).

Reactions: spam753

Sera Zios

Nov 26, 2017
I like the game but Alice's translations seem to be mixed up. Is it just me?

For example, I get text like "Hehe you took mon premier baiser" but when I switch to French, it says "Hehe you took my first kiss"

Archronique

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
I like the game but Alice's translations seem to be mixed up. Is it just me?

For example, I get text like "Hehe you took mon premier baiser" but when I switch to French, it says "Hehe you took my first kiss"
That's totally normal :) , as I say in another post, Alice is bilingual, she sometimes speaks with french words in the english version and with english words in the french version.
The shopkeeper speaks with a very exotic accent, that's why somes words like "the" are replaced with "ze", the french version has the same thing.

Reactions: Sera Zios

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Not tried this one before but a good start interesting story and so far nice looking models as well I especially like the blonde Doctor she's a hottie, Alice is also a little cutie.
When it comes to some sandbox games you can usually tell right away that it's not going to work out but this is nice and simple and the handy little stick-it notes telling you what to do is a nice touch as well as sometimes in these types of games I get lost and wonder what to do next so that makes it much easier (y) looking forward to future updates.

Last edited:

Sera Zios

Nov 26, 2017
That's totally normal :) , as I say in another post, Alice is bilingual, she sometimes speaks with french words in the english version and with english words in the french version.
The shopkeeper speaks with a very exotic accent, that's why somes words like "the" are replaced with "ze", the french version has the same thing.
Ahh, I see. You probably need to explain that better ingame though because currently it looks like mistakes