Unity Abandoned Universal Humiliation [v0.6] [SpriteENFArtist]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

AzzyAzgol

Game Developer
Mar 13, 2019
I hear you, just saying if I am thinking humiliation I personally would want something like exposing in sleep, or someone getting the MC drunk beyond belief and making a fool of them either drunk sleep sex or coerce them into crazy shit while wasted. Just keep in mind that humiliation is most easily achieved when the MC is not in a fully sober state of mind =P
Mmmmm... I like it! Inebriant Humiliation is def on my mind!

ea3794

Modder
Mar 30, 2018
Linux isn't supported
Lies:

After you open the door for the first time an extra option should appear in the top right. You should now have the option to open the door again (and loop back) or go put on clothes and open the door, this then allows you to meet your new housemate.
I was never given such option, the story text kept repeating and I was given the same option (open the door) no matter how often I opened the door. I was already dressed so I don't see how getting dressed, being already dressed would solve the problem?

Reactions: Largo

pacefrei

Oct 27, 2017
Normally I wouldn't bother doing this for free but I feel bad that you're getting hammered by some childish drama so...

Problems:
1. Might want a "click to continue" icon or something. I briefly thought the game had locked up after the first option since there weren't any other options popping up and there was just a short one liner on the lower bar.

2. WTF is that roommate interview. If I walked in to see an apartment like that I wouldn't be getting said place. Really need to revise that heavily.

3. You offer the option for a male roommate...but choosing it makes no impact on the game at this point. Sprite options still female styles. No point showing options that arn't functional.

4. If a name isn't entered for Protag or roommate, it defaults to just a blank "" name. Not everybody wants to bother typing names in so you should have a default one applied in this case.

5. Probably give a warning that it's a prototype and there is no real content yet. Or if there is I was unable to find it through the course of 3 playthroughs.

6. Last option is completely useless. If you exit the apartment demo ends, if you sleep it just loops back to the shower scene. Might as well cut it off before the choice and avoid wasting player's time with that.

Those were my biggest thoughts on playing. You've got a lot of work ahead of you if you want to make something decent. You're a step ahead since this isn't a shitty half assed RPGmaker/Renpy game with badly rendered illusion/daz3d graphics that make up the majority of cheap patreon cash grabs. But as of now it's just a few steps.

Reactions: lewdman03

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
Lies:
I wasn’t stating Linux isnt supported by unity. Linux isn’t supported by this game or by the dev, but it maybe in the future.

I was also telling you what should happen as it might help you to know what to look for. No need to get so antsy. I’m only trying to help.

Any issues you are seeing are probably down to using an untested environment.

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
Normally I wouldn't bother doing this for free but I feel bad that you're getting hammered by some childish drama so...
Just a note to point out the thread OP isn’t the dev and points 3 and 5 are covered by the actual release notes from the Dev at the official source.

All other issues were brought up on the discord yesterday so are being looked into. This release could have been managed a lot better by both the Dev and the f95 uploader.

lewdman03

Game Developer
Nov 21, 2018
Hey everyone, thanks for all the feedback, to keep an eye on what's happening and to make sure we see feedback join our Reddit page

Reactions: gamiat

Disco-Inferno

May 9, 2017
I noticed that @lewdman03 said that they have tried several game engines to create the game and that they are now using unity. However since this seems like it will be an entirely 2D experience I honestly think you'll have an easier time with the Godot game engine seeing as it has a dedicated 2D engine built in along side a 3D engine. If your programmer is familiar with python it should be fairly easy to jump in and get started as Godots scripting langauge is based on Python. It also handles 2D animation much better and is entirely free and open source.

I.S.O.

Mar 24, 2019
Tried it, but was very disappointed that you're forced to play as female, and that a 'male' roommate still looks female. I'll just chalk it up to being in early demo, and keep an eye on it in the hopes that it will get better.

lewdman03

Game Developer
Nov 21, 2018
Tried it, but was very disappointed that you're forced to play as female, and that a 'male' roommate still looks female. I'll just chalk it up to being in early demo, and keep an eye on it in the hopes that it will get better.
please do not worry. our Programmer is already working on it, both things will be coming in the next update.

Reactions: I.S.O.

AzzyAzgol

Game Developer
Mar 13, 2019
Ty for the critique. We are planning on getting the male content added in the next build. Having the option of choosing male for the roommate is a bug we missed. Next build should include player and roommate choices for male or female.

Violet5100

Apr 24, 2018
I'm gonna be just perfectly honest here... As a demo this is pretty lite. As for what's planned from what I just glanced off the patreon and the comments here, it doesn't seem like my kind of game. It feels really...

What's the term I can use here...

It's the illusion of choice. Now I know it's a demo, but it's like NONE of my choices in the demo matter at all to any end. The point of a demo is to show a technical aspect not seen often, show off some kind of talent about the game dev, or show the basic actual game play in a manner that attacts and holds a player's attention and gives a good proof of concept. If my choices mattered, then the demo should have some kind of end where the few choices I got had some kind of effect. For example, answering the door naked for the second time should have had or could have had some kind of effect in the short term. It could introduce something so simple as a different line of dialog or literally anything.

What I got from the "DEMO" without reading into what was planned was:
Push dialog option A, Get an advance in the story.
Push dialog option B, Repeat current dialog.
Occasional minor little thing introduced and then instantly removed because 'unfinished'.

This is how a person normally scopes out games when they get a demo. I'm not going to waste all my time scrolling through a hundred comments which don't tell me much or reading over somebody's patreon for features that "May or may not" be added.

Either make your demo have some kind of content that shows and reflects the game's content in a comprehensive manner that will actually engage me... Even if it takes an extra month to make just a short little thing, rather than pump out a bare bones, bland and tasteless shell of what COULD be the game.

TLDR:
This demo sucks because it's done wrong.
Game is okay if the plans the dev has actually get done, but I personally don't think I'm interested.
This needs at least a year in the oven before I'd even consider trying it again.

Yup...

lewdman03

Game Developer
Nov 21, 2018
I'm gonna be just perfectly honest here... As a demo this is pretty lite. As for what's planned from what I just glanced off the patreon and the comments here, it doesn't seem like my kind of game. It feels really...

What's the term I can use here...

It's the illusion of choice. Now I know it's a demo, but it's like NONE of my choices in the demo matter at all to any end. The point of a demo is to show a technical aspect not seen often, show off some kind of talent about the game dev, or show the basic actual game play in a manner that attacts and holds a player's attention and gives a good proof of concept. If my choices mattered, then the demo should have some kind of end where the few choices I got had some kind of effect. For example, answering the door naked for the second time should have had or could have had some kind of effect in the short term. It could introduce something so simple as a different line of dialog or literally anything.

What I got from the "DEMO" without reading into what was planned was:
Push dialog option A, Get an advance in the story.
Push dialog option B, Repeat current dialog.
Occasional minor little thing introduced and then instantly removed because 'unfinished'.

This is how a person normally scopes out games when they get a demo. I'm not going to waste all my time scrolling through a hundred comments which don't tell me much or reading over somebody's patreon for features that "May or may not" be added.

Either make your demo have some kind of content that shows and reflects the game's content in a comprehensive manner that will actually engage me... Even if it takes an extra month to make just a short little thing, rather than pump out a bare bones, bland and tasteless shell of what COULD be the game.

TLDR:
This demo sucks because it's done wrong.
Game is okay if the plans the dev has actually get done, but I personally don't think I'm interested.
This needs at least a year in the oven before I'd even consider trying it again.

Yup...
we do agree with most of your points. this is more of a feeling for how the UI will work and is more to proof to patreons we are working on something worth there money and trying to get people excited for it. this "demo" is only the tutorial big, getting players used to how the game will work with the next part leading into a sandbox world

Reactions: gamiat
2.00 star(s) 1 Vote