Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.1.4] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
  • Second maybe have Space break/Blank space that the text/dialogue have limit spaces between screen.
This already has been requested multiple times and AFAIK it's one of the features that are on the "To-Do" list (although not listed in the "Roadmap" section of OP, or maybe it's just part of the "...lot of smaller changes that are not in this list" ;) ).

...It's all good now. I look at the game thread someone gave me a fix for this...
It still would be great if you could tell us the name of the game (and maybe even link the solution), so if the next person asked about that game, we know how to help them as well...!?

Reactions: 0x52

LastlyFera

Dec 8, 2023
This already has been requested multiple times and AFAIK it's one of the features that are on the "To-Do" list (although not listed in the "Roadmap" section of OP, or maybe it's just part of the "...lot of smaller changes that are not in this list" ;) ).

It still would be great if you could tell us the name of the game (and maybe even link the solution), so if the next person asked about that game, we know how to help them as well...!?

Game name Agent17 in the game thread there's solution to fixed it and my bad, first time using this thread so I'm still new in all of this

Reactions: theMickey_

Kyoto97

Aug 15, 2020
yeah i didn't notice the Roadmap you just said, but i hope soon enough. small thing means alot.

Reactions: theMickey_

Guz007

Nov 21, 2021
Using the latest version of this mod,
Its throwing an error when i try to search any variables,
The game is college kings,
Attached the traceback file,
On windows 10,
No other mods,
Please help resolve the issue and thanks for such a great all in one mod.

DBAV

Jul 22, 2017
Booty hunter 0.5.3, I can't seem to unlock the patreon exclusive outfits so I think the login is the only way to go but I don't know how to modify the Patreon Auth and Patreon Client variables.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Booty hunter 0.5.3, I can't seem to unlock the patreon exclusive outfits ...
I've just done a quick test, and I think you can't get those outfits with just URM: I searched for "patreon" (well, might be too obvious ;)) and changed all the Patreon exclusive "outfit" variables to "True". Then I tried to equip an outfit and received an "file not found" error, so my guess would be that the game (as it's available on F95) lacks some additional data file you'll need to get access to those outfits. If the game is able to download this data file by itself once you've successfully authorized with Patreon, or if you have to download it manually from Patreon yourself, I don't know.

I haven't looked at the code itself, but my guess would be you can only access those outfits with an actual active Patreon subscription.

Reactions: 0x52 and DBAV

DBAV

Jul 22, 2017
I've just done a quick test, and I think you can't get those outfits with just URM: I searched for "patreon" (well, might be too obvious ;)) and changed all the Patreon exclusive "outfit" variables to "True". Then I tried to equip an outfit and received an "file not found" error, so my guess would be that the game (as it's available on F95) lacks some additional data file you'll need to get access to those outfits. If the game is able to download this data file by itself once you've successfully authorized with Patreon, or if you have to download it manually from Patreon yourself, I don't know.

I haven't looked at the code itself, but my guess would be you can only access those outfits with an actual active Patreon subscription.
I tried the same so my guess is as good as yours, I also modified the persistent of patreon version to 1 but nothing changed.
Edit. Looking at his patreon there seems to be no special patreon version so it might be a lock on the data or something like that if you are not logged.

Last edited:

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
  • Are you using the latest version of URM?
    Yes, version 2.0.3
  • Which game has the issue (preferable a link to the game's thread)
    I was playing Alternate Existence S1 V1.9.1 when I found this in the AONvve log file.
    Mar 09 12:27:00 [ERROR ] [game/s1e4.rpy:1361] _AValue.update - __slots__ - 'KeyError: '__slots__'
    [...]/game/0x52-URM/framework/modules/10theme.rpy:185
    return self._m1_10theme__colors[key]
    [...]/game/AON-packages/AONvve3.py:1485
    After unpacking the RPA file, modifying ./0x52-URM/framework/modules/10theme.rpy and adding '__slots__': 'background', to self._m1_10theme__themeMappings, and running it with source, the entry no longer showed in the AONvve log file.
    I tried the same in Grandma's House (without the edit), but this time there was no such entry. And since it didn't happen in Grandma's House, I'm thinking it may be game-related.
  • If it's a crash (grey screen) attach the "traceback.txt" file
    no crash
  • What did you do that caused the issue?
    Nothing, it gets logged by AONvve when I start the game.
  • Attach a screenshot of the issue (if possible)
    No visual indication of an error, just the entry in AONvve's log file.
  • When URM gave an error (not a grey crash screen), check the log.txt file for lines starting with "0x52:"
  • What OS are you on?
    Windows 10
  • Do you have any other mods installed? Does the issue still exist without the other mod(s)?
    Yes, I have both AONvve and Universal Choice Descriptor installed. Since I only learned about the error through AONvve, without it installed there's no indication it happened.

Last edited:

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
I almost forgot, in the same game as my previous post, there's a dict variable mc_choices.
AONvve lists the values for each item, but URM shows them as Unknown apart from one.
And that one only because the key is also text.
AONvve.jpg unknown.jpg

Last edited:

Daiqvist

Jul 20, 2018
That's using an unsupported Ren'Py version.
I made it work for Max in the big city just as a personal curiosity challenge (I moved away the "Renpy" and "Lib" folders of the game, copy/pasted the same "Renpy" and "Lib" folders from a game with a newer Ren'py version and put the game's original "Renpy/Common" folder inside the pasted one).

URM 2.0.3 works fine BUT.. the game is coded in a VERY peculiar way (lots and lots of triggers with constantly changing values) and is a nighmare to keep tracks of the rolling changes.

(Be aware that this method may not adapt to other games)

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
  • Are you using the latest version of URM?
    Yes, version 2.0.3
  • Which game has the issue (preferable a link to the game's thread)
    I was playing Alternate Existence S1 V1.9.1 when I found this in the AONvve log file.

After unpacking the RPA file, modifying ./0x52-URM/framework/modules/10theme.rpy and adding '__slots__': 'background', to self._m1_10theme__themeMappings, and running it with source, the entry no longer showed in the AONvve log file.
    I tried the same in Grandma's House (without the edit), but this time there was no such entry. And since it didn't happen in Grandma's House, I'm thinking it may be game-related.
  • If it's a crash (grey screen) attach the "traceback.txt" file
    no crash
  • What did you do that caused the issue?
    Nothing, it gets logged by AONvve when I start the game.
  • Attach a screenshot of the issue (if possible)
    No visual indication of an error, just the entry in AONvve's log file.
  • When URM gave an error (not a grey crash screen), check the log.txt file for lines starting with "0x52:"
  • What OS are you on?
    Windows 10
  • Do you have any other mods installed? Does the issue still exist without the other mod(s)?
    Yes, I have both AONvve and Universal Choice Descriptor installed. Since I only learned about the error through AONvve, without it installed there's no indication it happened.
So from what I understand there's no issue with URM? AONvve tries to do something to URM's theming engine that fails.

I almost forgot, in the same game as my previous post, there's a dict variable mc_choices.
AONvve lists the values for each item, but URM shows them as Unknown apart from one.
And that one only because the key is also text.
View attachment 3426431 View attachment 3426434
I'll look into it

Reactions: Feyd

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
So from what I understand there's no issue with URM? AONvve tries to do something to URM's theming engine that fails.
Not exactly, if it was AONvve that did it, it would have also happened in other games I tried this combo in.
I'm sooner suspecting Alternate Existence as the culprit, because I had a whale of a time getting URM 1.15.2 to work and stay active.
It's a shame the log only showed that one line, and not a proper stack trace, so I can't really track down where it originates.

The 1.15.2 version would like disappear just from trying to rollback after loading a save. It needed a few cycles forward to be able to do a safe rollback and check what led up to the savepoint.
Only the 2.0.3 version stuck. Was still not using it for every game, but since it now also supports Esc to close an open UI, I'll be using more and more.

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes