Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

Aka645

Jun 14, 2017
:unsure:

try with deleting(make backup) the persistent file on both locations

*\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\EarnYourFreedom-1551359219
and
*\xxxx\game\saves
I tried but also. Fuck that.
No, no, I know this tool can do a lot. I think we should just tear it down and reinstall this crap.
My version is not clean(translated) so I get crashes. And it's time for me to stop clogging up the thread.

Thanks for the quick review, the tool is very good, thanks to the Authors.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
I tried but also. Fuck that.
No, no, I know this tool can do a lot. I think we should just tear it down and reinstall this crap.
My version is not clean(translated) so I get crashes. And it's time for me to stop clogging up the thread.

Thanks for the quick review, the tool is very good, thanks to the Authors.
are you using a translation?
thats the reason than

Reactions: Aka645

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Yeah, I'd be interested to see his verdict, too, if he takes it on.
The clean version with the toolz works (y)
Seems like the translation you used defined something in a variable called Text. Which is also a Ren'Py method used to generated texts in screens :rolleyes:

jcd321

Aug 16, 2020
Not sure what you mean. You can save results, first choose to remember a variable, name it an choose to save it to a file (right top)
Hello can this work on Bastard girls 2.1a if not can you make one to make it easier to get money energy study good master without braking the game

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Hello can this work on Bastard girls 2.1a if not can you make one to make it easier to get money energy study good master without braking the game
Did you try it? I will probably work just fine

Currently using URM on https://f95zone.to/threads/the-mind-society-v0-4-4b-adventures-in-enf.51796/.
The problem I'm getting is that some choices are being detected normally while others aren't.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I checked this out. Unfortunately those choices that are not detected a not actual choices, but custom screens.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Ran into a little snafu... probably something not foreseen. So I don't consider it a bug. Also don't know if this will occur enough to warrant a fix.
The game in question is Happy Summer there is a list variable named ch.checkpoints which has a wopping 10K items in it. Expanding this list doesn't trigger the pagination routine.

Like I said, don't know if this a fairly unique situation or that it may exist or come to exist in other VN's so can't say if this is worth the time to investigate.
I also haven't any notion yet whether or not this list contains anything worth ' modding' :)

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Ran into a little snafu... probably something not foreseen. So I don't consider it a bug. Also don't know if this will occur enough to warrant a fix.
The game in question is Happy Summer there is a list variable named ch.checkpoints which has a wopping 10K items in it. Expanding this list doesn't trigger the pagination routine.

Like I said, don't know if this a fairly unique situation or that it may exist or come to exist in other VN's so can't say if this is worth the time to investigate.
I also haven't any notion yet whether or not this list contains anything worth ' modding' :)
Hmm... currently and expanded item doesn't use pages, because I think that would be confusing (interface wise).
But I've been thinking about change the expand behavior, so the interface for expanded objects/vars improves. When I do this the problem you're describing should also be solved.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Another snafu. I've gotten into the habit of clicking into an edit box, since they don't always take focus. Got bitten by this when renaming a variable... it _does_ take focus, but the problem arises if you then still click into the input box and the click accidentaly hits the underlying edit button of the variable covered by the edit box... (damn muscle memory kicking in at this point) This then results in the variable that's exactly underneath the input field getting renamed instead of the one for which you clicked the Edit button.

This Clickthru actually can make the edit box turn into a Watch box, or trigger the remove prompt

Reactions: 0x52

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Another snafu. I've gotten into the habit of clicking into an edit box, since they don't always take focus. Got bitten by this when renaming a variable... it _does_ take focus, but the problem arises if you then still click into the input box and the click accidentaly hits the underlying edit button of the variable covered by the edit box... (damn muscle memory kicking in at this point) This then results in the variable that's exactly underneath the input field getting renamed instead of the one for which you clicked the Edit button.

This Clickthru actually can make the edit box turn into a Watch box, or trigger the remove prompt
I put on my todo-list to improve this behavior (y)

Reactions: FaceCrap

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
got a very rare case of urm messing with saves @
https://f95zone.to/threads/halfway-house-ep-9-az.33607/

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

was sharing saves , but could not get loaded
It's indeed very rare, but I have seen it before (like 2 times), but was unable to reproduce it.
As of URM 1.5 I've restructured some things. That should prevent such error, but saves that existed before 1.5 could still have this issue.

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes