Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Could you please add a feature to retrieve the name of the currently playing game music?
If you want to get the music title, I'm pretty sure that's (almost) impossible. URM might be able to tell you "The song you're hearing currently is called 'Background_music.ogg'" -- but that's about it. Unless the game developers decided to name the music file exactly the same as the original title of the song, there's probably no way to identify the name of music within Ren'Py games.

I've extracted a couple of Ren'Py games, and this is what music files usually look like:
  • Background_music.ogg
  • Background_music2_Brunno.ogg
  • Background_music3_Disclo_ultralounge.ogg
  • Sexy_music1_monks_topher.ogg
  • Sexy_music2_necking_topher.ogg
  • at_jodys_1.mp3
  • booty_calls_1.mp3
  • chillax.mp3
  • days_1.mp3
  • 1.mp3
  • 2.mp3
  • caffe_music.wav
...and so on. I've only seen a single game so far where the file names are the actual song titles:
  • Chris Zabriskie - Laserdisc.ogg
  • Scott Buckley - Nightfall.ogg
  • Small Colin - Setup With An E.ogg

Reactions: 0x52

LinXuan67

Dec 25, 2021
If you want to get the music title, I'm pretty sure that's (almost) impossible. URM might be able to tell you "The song you're hearing currently is called 'Background_music.ogg'" -- but that's about it. Unless the game developers decided to name the music file exactly the same as the original title of the song, there's probably no way to identify the name of music within Ren'Py games.

I've extracted a couple of Ren'Py games, and this is what music files usually look like:
  • Background_music.ogg
  • Background_music2_Brunno.ogg
  • Background_music3_Disclo_ultralounge.ogg
  • Sexy_music1_monks_topher.ogg
  • Sexy_music2_necking_topher.ogg
  • at_jodys_1.mp3
  • booty_calls_1.mp3
  • chillax.mp3
  • days_1.mp3
  • 1.mp3
  • 2.mp3
  • caffe_music.wav
...and so on. I've only seen a single game so far where the file names are the actual song titles:
  • Chris Zabriskie - Laserdisc.ogg
  • Scott Buckley - Nightfall.ogg
  • Small Colin - Setup With An E.ogg
Thank you for your reply.

MonkeyMonkz

Feb 8, 2019
Tried on SugarService but doesn't seem to work when i press alt+M

****My bad. I removed URM and download the new one and tried again. now it works. Noice!

Last edited:

FrankKappel

Jun 13, 2018
0x52

Edit: - Nevermind - I just noticed that "Monitor" and "Watch" are 2 different options.

----

Heres an idea / feature request for URM.

If you are watching a variable, and the side panel closed
Would it be possible to provide a small popup/notification if one of the watched variables changes ?

Maybe even transparent, only displaying text, dissolving quickly (1-2 seconds maybe ? )

"Watched Var x changed, new value y"

Or something, while making sure its not too long of a string / number and not an object.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 33 Votes