Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.3.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

LinXuan67

Dec 25, 2021
If you want to get the music title, I'm pretty sure that's (almost) impossible. URM might be able to tell you "The song you're hearing currently is called 'Background_music.ogg'" -- but that's about it. Unless the game developers decided to name the music file exactly the same as the original title of the song, there's probably no way to identify the name of music within Ren'Py games.

I've extracted a couple of Ren'Py games, and this is what music files usually look like:
  • Background_music.ogg
  • Background_music2_Brunno.ogg
  • Background_music3_Disclo_ultralounge.ogg
  • Sexy_music1_monks_topher.ogg
  • Sexy_music2_necking_topher.ogg
  • at_jodys_1.mp3
  • booty_calls_1.mp3
  • chillax.mp3
  • days_1.mp3
  • 1.mp3
  • 2.mp3
  • caffe_music.wav
...and so on. I've only seen a single game so far where the file names are the actual song titles:
  • Chris Zabriskie - Laserdisc.ogg
  • Scott Buckley - Nightfall.ogg
  • Small Colin - Setup With An E.ogg
Thank you for your reply.

MonkeyMonkz

Feb 8, 2019
Tried on SugarService but doesn't seem to work when i press alt+M

****My bad. I removed URM and download the new one and tried again. now it works. Noice!

Last edited:

FrankKappel

Jun 13, 2018
0x52

Edit: - Nevermind - I just noticed that "Monitor" and "Watch" are 2 different options.

----

Heres an idea / feature request for URM.

If you are watching a variable, and the side panel closed
Would it be possible to provide a small popup/notification if one of the watched variables changes ?

Maybe even transparent, only displaying text, dissolving quickly (1-2 seconds maybe ? )

"Watched Var x changed, new value y"

Or something, while making sure its not too long of a string / number and not an object.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2024
This is very amazing! Good job! I can now skip all the difficult minigames and focus on the importance of erotics (* ̄▽ ̄)b

FrankKappel

Jun 13, 2018
But i found something that might be nice.
a shortcut button to set a value to a predefined one (without using freeze, as that may sometimes kill the game if used at the wrong time)

Like i have d1, and i'd like a button to set this var to value 5 at a button press, without freezing the var.

Cyrix72

Oct 31, 2021
One more question about the text box and it's about Milfs of Sunville:
Having custom text boxes enabled, the ingame names are not displayed anymore:
1719507002111.png

After disabling, the names are fine:
1719507250999.png

It is plain season 1 from OP with just your mod added.

Is this something you could think of fixing?

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
But i found something that might be nice.
a shortcut button to set a value to a predefined one (without using freeze, as that may sometimes kill the game if used at the wrong time)

Like i have d1, and i'd like a button to set this var to value 5 at a button press, without freezing the var.
I wrote it down, but do not expect is any time soon.

One more question about the text box and it's about Milfs of Sunville:
Having custom text boxes enabled, the ingame names are not displayed anymore:
View attachment 3775768

After disabling, the names are fine:
View attachment 3775783

It is plain season 1 from OP with just your mod added.

Is this something you could think of fixing?
They seem to have implemented their own translation system for some reason, that's causing this.

Reactions: Feyd and Cyrix72

The_Thinker_

Feb 13, 2018
Hi guys I got a problem with URM
recently URM isn't working properly for some reason

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I just tried to install it on Milf's plaza but it didn't work, and it used to work perfectly on Examination Day when I revisited the game after few weeks it stopped working.

wwgwa

Dec 27, 2017
Could you take a look at the FLX - Downfall of Idols game? Most of the value changes work, but some values can't be seen (Can't find values for Readiness, Dancing, Performance, Singing, Finesse, Fitness, Style) and sometimes (and sometimes not) freezing the values works.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Hi guys I got a problem with URM
recently URM isn't working properly for some reason

I just tried to install it on Milf's plaza but it didn't work, and it used to work perfectly on Examination Day when I revisited the game after few weeks it stopped working.
Seems like something manipulates your internet traffic when URM checks if there's a newer version. I will prevent this from crashing the game in the next update.
From the log I can see the URM version used on Milf's Plaza is quit old.

Could you take a look at the FLX - Downfall of Idols game? Most of the value changes work, but some values can't be seen (Can't find values for Readiness, Dancing, Performance, Singing, Finesse, Fitness, Style) and sometimes (and sometimes not) freezing the values works.
When you're looking to find variables I would recommend asking in the game's thread. I think you have a better chance there.

Reactions: Feyd

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
URM 2.3: Intelligent codeview

Hi all,

Here's URM 2.3, fresh out of the oven. The main new feature here is the intelligent codeview for path and choice detection. It was quite a headache to get it exactly how I want it, so I'm proud of the result. The new codeview offers:
  • Syntax highlighted (colored) code
  • Interactive variables and labels in the code (click them to get more options)
  • Condition (if statement) results are displayed in the code

Some additional fixes in this update:
  • Correctly disable freeze/monitor buttons for unsupported variables
  • Variable freezing/monitoring for games using a Ren'Py version after 8.2.0 and 7.7.0
codeview.png

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023

Hi all,

Here's URM 2.3, fresh out of the oven. The main new feature here is the intelligent codeview for path and choice detection. It was quite a headache to get it exactly how I want it, so I'm proud of the result. The new codeview offers:

• Variable freezing/monitoring for games using a Ren'Py version after 8.2.0 and 7.7.0
View attachment 3804188
youre-a-good-man.jpg

jasad

Dec 14, 2021

Hi all,

View attachment 3804188
thank you

Mr. TotoJ

Mar 29, 2020

Hi all,

View attachment 3804188
My goat, thanks once again.

I can already see how insanely helpful this will be for the next Being a Dik update, given the windy paths in that one.

You're the best.

The_Thinker_

Feb 13, 2018
Seems like something manipulates your internet traffic when URM checks if there's a newer version. I will prevent this from crashing the game in the next update.
From the log I can see the URM version used on Milf's Plaza is quit old.
I use WARP VPN from Cloudflare which is blocked buy a lot of sites, it appears the plugin is attempting to check for updates, but it cannot connect to server or is not receiving any responses from it because my access is denied.
Which is my fault basically. :D
Turning the VPN off will fix the problem.
Thank you.

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
I love the new update, The only thing to "fix", if possible, is to make the windows behave like in the previous versions, that is when you close the parent window all the child windows automatically close as well. For example, clicking on the choice detection, then opening the condition window, and finally closing the choice detection window directly.

Reactions: Harem4life

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
I love the new update, The only thing to "fix", if possible, is to make the windows behave like in the previous versions, that is when you close the parent window all the child windows automatically close as well. For example, clicking on the choice detection, then opening the condition window, and finally closing the choice detection window directly.
Will do ;)

Reactions: Feyd and darlic

Kinito1952

Mar 11, 2020
View attachment 3198399

Descripción general:
La instalación más sencilla: abra el mod presionando Alt+M (ver a continuación para dispositivos con pantalla táctil)

Este mod es una gran herramienta para hacer trampa o depurar juegos de Ren'Py. Consulta la lista completa de funciones a continuación para obtener más detalles.

Algunas características en resumen:
Buscar, cambiar, congelar y monitorear variables, detectar opciones ocultas, detectar caminos, renombrar cualquier personaje, buscar/guardar/reproducir escenas, mirar variables, omitir pantalla de presentación, personalizar cuadro de texto, menú rápido personalizable

Actualizado : 2024-07-06
Juego/Creador : Cualquier juego Ren'Py que utilice el motor Ren'Py 6.99.14 o posterior
Modder : 0x52 - -
Versión Mod : 2.3

Características :
[REVELACIÓN]
  • Variables de búsqueda (incluidas las variables persistentes)
  • Valores de búsqueda (incluidas las variables persistentes)
  • Cambiar valores (incluidas las variables persistentes)
  • Congelar variables (evitar que cambien)
  • Monitorizar variables (recibir una notificación cuando cambien)
  • Buscar y reproducir etiquetas/escenas
  • Búsqueda recursiva (busque sus resultados de búsqueda anteriores)
  • Cargar/guardar resultados en/desde un archivo
  • Observar variables/etiquetas durante el juego (panel de observación)
  • Cambio de nombre de personajes y reemplazo de texto (en diálogos y elecciones)
  • Ver/modificar opciones ( )
    • También puedes ver opciones ocultas y seleccionarlas.
    • Mostrar las condiciones en las que una elección es visible
    • Vea el código de Python detrás de una elección
    • Cambiar el texto de elección
  • Detectar rutas / sentencias if
    • Selecciona caminos en los que no estás
    • Mostrar condiciones para una ruta
    • Vea el código Python detrás de una ruta
  • Amplias opciones de carga y guardado
    • Resumen rápido: cargue esta partida guardada inmediatamente después de iniciar el juego (omitiendo la pantalla de título y el menú)
    • Partidas guardadas con nombre: ingresa una descripción para tus partidas guardadas
    • Copiar: Hacer una copia de un guardado
    • Mover: mover un guardado a otra página/posición
    • Eliminar: deshacerse de un guardado no deseado
    • Teclas de acceso rápido opcionales: habilítelas a través de las opciones de URM: Crear currículum rápido usando Alt+Q, Guardar rápidamente usando Alt+S, Cargar último guardado rápido usando Alt+L
  • Habilitar la consola Ren'Py sin modificar archivos
  • Crear instantáneas (enumerar/comparar variables modificadas)
  • Personalización del cuadro de texto
[/REVELACIÓN]

Mapa vial:
[REVELACIÓN]
  • Compartir variables/etiquetas encontradas desde dentro de URM (en línea)
  • Opción para crear variables (en lugar de simplemente cambiar las existentes)
  • Opción para elegir una imagen para una etiqueta guardada/reproducción
  • Manejo de excepciones personalizado (y probablemente una opción de informe en línea)
  • Preajustes del panel de control
  • Grupos variables
  • Capacidad de ignorar ciertas detecciones de ruta
  • Visualización de código mejorada (inteligente)
  • Atajos/teclas de acceso rápido personalizables
  • (También hay muchos cambios más pequeños que no están en esta lista)
  • ¿¡Tu sugerencia aquí...!?
[/REVELACIÓN]

Instalación :
[REVELACIÓN]
Extraiga el archivo "0x52_URM.rpa" en la carpeta "juego" e inicie el juego.
[/REVELACIÓN]

Dispositivos táctiles (por ejemplo, Android):
[REVELACIÓN]
Este mod también es compatible con dispositivos con pantalla táctil, pero la compilación o el puerto del juego deben ser compatibles con mods (si funciona, aparecerá una ventana emergente de URL después de iniciar o cargar un juego).

Puedes abrir el mod dibujando una U en la pantalla (deslizando hacia abajo, hacia la derecha o hacia arriba).
Cuando URM detecta una pantalla táctil, también colocará un botón arrastrable en la pantalla para abrir URM (puede desactivar esto a través de las opciones).

Kinito1952

Mar 11, 2020
Good afternoon, valued member.
My thanks for sharing your 0X52 mod with all of us. I think it is very well structured and with a correct approach. Personally, it has made it easier for me to delve into and understand Ren'Py a little better. If memory serves, I have been a follower of yours since July 2021.
Since the June V2.2.0 update I detect an increase in the "log.txt" file, so I go to:

Report a problem:
I am using URM version V2.3
The situation occurs with almost any Ren'Py game, but we'll focus on Straitened Times [v0.51.0].
Link: https://f95zone.to/threads/straitened-times-v0-51-0-hrelease.52690/
No fault occurs (gray screen).
The problem occurs with the normal development of the game.
I am attaching "log.txt" file.
OS: Although the log.txt says Win 10, it is really Windows 11 Pro. 64 Bit Ver. 21H2 - 22000.2538
Processor i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90 GHz. - RAM 32.0 GB DDR4
I have an additional mod even if the problem persists whether it is activated or not.
It is also translated into Spanish with the help of Ren'Py V 8.1.1-sdk.

I trust you have a relatively easy solution.
Thanks in advance for your help. Greetings.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Good afternoon, valued member.
Thank you for your report, but can you please also describe what you're doing in-game? Are you just searching for variables, trying to change or freeze them, are you using custom textboxes -- what actions do you do that might lead to these errors in your logfile, so I can try to reproduce?

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes