Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
sometime the buttons of urm itself are bugged if the original language is not english

for example at some original spanish (portugese?) games with renpy translation the buttons either show spanish text or just a blank field

but thats very rare

Reactions: 0x52

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
sometime the buttons of urm itself are bugged if the original language is not english

for example at some original spanish (portugese?) games with renpy translation the buttons either show spanish text or just a blank field

but thats very rare
Ah yes. This could happen if a game includes a translation that exactly matches text in URM.
I think I can prevent this. It's on the list ;)

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

HroH

Dec 30, 2020
Personal use in-game [multiple languages]

[Simplified Chinese] is provided in the game, and [Traditional Chinese] is used for personal use…

Therefore, when using URM to modify the game, [message] and [value] cannot be displayed normally. Many [values] in the game are displayed in [foreign language], and cannot be [input or input without text] in other places…

After all, it's not that windows ctrl+c and ctrl+v are too accustomed, and the places that can be modified are limited!

Thank you 0x52 developers for your reply!

Sorry, I can only use Google Translate to communicate, if there is a misunderstanding in the communication, please see more!

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
Maybe is already possible and I just never checked, but would it be possible to allow, when one has watched variables in the panel on the side, to make it so that the variables being watched are put in alphabetical order of the description ?
By the way, great tool, use it a lot, and even suggested it to other people !

Reactions: 0x52

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Maybe is already possible and I just never checked, but would it be possible to allow, when one has watched variables in the panel on the side, to make it so that the variables being watched are put in alphabetical order of the description ?
By the way, great tool, use it a lot, and even suggested it to other people !
I've put this on my todo list ;)

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
Any possibility of having an option to somehow notify player when a watched variable is read/tested? Ideally as an option that could be toggled on/off for each var individually.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Any possibility of having an option to somehow notify player when a watched variable is read/tested? Ideally as an option that could be toggled on/off for each var individually.
I don't know if that's really useful. On the roadmap is the item
"Detect If-statements/paths; show and take paths determined by statements/variables"
this will show directions caused by certain values. That might be what you're looking for?

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
I don't know if that's really useful. On the roadmap is the item
"Detect If-statements/paths; show and take paths determined by statements/variables"
this will show directions caused by certain values. That might be what you're looking for?
Possibly, depends on how exactly you implement it.

I was also thinking in terms of if statements, but I wouldn't necessarily want every if statement indicated. Hence having it only take effect in cases where selected vars are involved.

-----

You're probably aware of this, but just in case:
For a menu statement like
Code:
menu:
    "Where do you want to look?"

"Medicine Cabinet":
        jump C1S5_infirmary_dia

"Laptop":
        jump C1S5_infirmary_dia
"Where do you want to look?" is treated as a choice in the choice detection dialogue.

Last edited:

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
Personally don't care for an auto check for new version every time when starting a game. Firewall goes off saying xyz wants to access internet blah blah blah.

Any chance of having a config.ini or file that 0x52_URM can read (or perhaps registry setting) to disable auto check for new version?
Here's a couple ways to automatically disable auto update checks.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: loqex

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
you know its just one option you have to check/uncheck ...
abit overkill dont you think?
Oh, absolutely. The first way was so obvious I shared it without really thinking. Then I realized it sucked... too many shortcomings for such a trivial "problem".

So I kinda became fixated on finding something better.

Reactions: loqex

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Oh, absolutely. The first way was so obvious I shared it without really thinking. Then I realized it sucked... too many shortcomings for such a trivial "problem".

So I kinda became fixated on finding something better.
well
what i was trying to say is : why "hack" an already given option?
at the options , if you have urm open ,press check for update, there is a checkbox "check for update at start"
uncheck it - done ... (see here https://f95zone.to/threads/universal-renpy-mod-1-6-1-mod-any-renpy-game-yourself.48025/post-7845259)
i dont see the point to install a extra hack-file for it :unsure:

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
i dont see the point to install a extra hack-file for it :unsure:
This wasn't really for me, but for loqex. His not wanting to deal with the firewall pop-up was reason enough for me.

That said I can relate. If I know I'm gonna be changing some setting(s) regularly, I'm just the kind of person who looks for ways to automate that.

Guess you could say I have a fetish for automation.

loqex

Aug 5, 2016
baloneysammich - Thank you.

Absolutely correct in not wanting to rinse repeat multiple steps with every new game just to disable something. If it can be done with one copy step.. makes more sense than several buttons/clicks.

Controlled automation. :geek:

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Here's a couple ways to automatically disable auto update checks.

Nice! URMhackB.rpy is an ideal override file. Thanks you.
In a future version of URM I want to add "global settings", which means you will be able to set settings for every instance of URM instead of per game.

undercoverloser

Mar 29, 2020
I'd like to request a feature: ALT+M to exit URM when it's open.

Reasoning - I hit ALT+M to open. I make my edit. Then I hit ALT+M to close it... but it doesn't close. Next I hit ESC and bring up the save menu. I harumph. Close save menu, reach for mouse, (sometimes click PROGRAM-CLOSE icon... click the correct icon... cancel the close-app), click tiny X and exit URM.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
hello folks :)

to all the users of my "mods" who may have questions

im still abroad , seems for a way longer time than i thought
the situation about the health of my father (who turns 80 hopefully at november) is way much worse than i thought and told be

im hope and im sure 0x52 can help with any questions about the mods
(im sitting here at the rural part of germany , and yes the i-net still sucks there - worse than romania lol
(no offence to the romanian ppl) )

apologies for any upcoming issues etc that i can not solve while away

take care my friends - see you soon(at the board) i hope

greetings

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes