Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.3.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

Anno31415

Mar 23, 2019
Hey all, this may be a noob question sorry about that, but once I edit some values (money, relation) and make a save, it completely clears the gallery on game restart, every unlocked scene disappears. Same happens if I create a new save without modification, unlock some gallery images, then load a modified save, then restart the game. This issue also persists if I edit the save with an online editor. Is there any chance some of you may have a solution?

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Is there any chance some of you may have a solution?
If you don't provide any more details, unfortunately nobody will be able to help you with your issue.

Please see this:

Reporting an issue
When reporting an issue with URM, please include the information below:
  • What version of URM are you using (make sure it's the latest)?
  • Which game has the issue (preferable a link to the game's thread)
  • If it's a crash (grey screen) attach the "traceback.txt" file
  • What did you do that caused the issue?
  • Attach a screenshot of the issue (if possible)
  • When URM gave an error (not a grey crash screen), check the log.txt file for lines starting with "0x52:"
  • What OS are you on?
  • Do you have any other mods installed? Does the issue still exist without the other mod(s)?

Reactions: Anno31415

Anno31415

Mar 23, 2019
If you don't provide any more details, unfortunately nobody will be able to help you with your issue.

Please see this:
Ah I didn't see that, thank you. So as for details
  • What version of URM are you using (make sure it's the latest)? - v6.99.14 2.3.1
  • Which game has the issue (preferable a link to the game's thread) - Wet Sand, The Null Hypothesis, Camp Mourning Wood are which I tried with but since the issue is reproducible with 3 different games I think it's a general issue.
  • If it's a crash (grey screen) attach the "traceback.txt" file - No crash
  • What did you do that caused the issue? - Modify any game variables (gold, relation, item quantity ect).
  • Attach a screenshot of the issue (if possible) - Screenshots will not represent the issue
  • When URM gave an error (not a grey crash screen), check the log.txt file for lines starting with "0x52:" - No error
  • What OS are you on? - Windows 11 23H2
  • Do you have any other mods installed? Does the issue still exist without the other mod(s)? - No other mods used.

Repro steps

1. Start a Renpy game with URM installed
  2. Start a new game
  3. Play around, unlock some gallery images
  4. Save then restart game - Result: All previously unlocked gallery images are available. You may be able to unlock further gallery images advancing the game.
  5. Play around and modify some values with URM. - Result: same as in step 4.
  6. Save then restart game - Result: All previously unlocked gallery images are cleared like they where never unlocked. If you advance the story and unlock further scenes, they will be available in the gallery until restarting the game, then they will also become unavailable.
I also created a backup from both the full game folder at the install location and full game folder backup at %appdata%/roaming/renpy/ . After the gallery unlock has been restored due to cheat, I tried to revert to the backups but they also have the same effect, every previously unlocked image has been locked again.

Figured it out, there was something thrashy under %appdata%/Renpy which had a conflict in general with the saves. I erased the whole folder, reinstalled the game and now it works - with URM too.

Last edited:

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
i was just messing around with this and the game (5) Ren'Py - The Promise [v0.97] [Xagrim's Gameforge] | F95zone and noticed that when i change the relationship level and corruption level for example say lisa was at rel 10 corr 5 and then i open up the menu change her corr to 10 close out the menu her corr reverts back to 5 same happens if i change the rel and same goes for changing the mc stats (fishing/charm/fitness) maybe i did something wrong?

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
  • What version of URM are you using (make sure it's the latest)? - v6.99.14
That's not a valid URM version, that's a Ren'Py version. So please specify which version of URM you're using.

Also I will try to recreate your issue later today to see if I can reproduce it.

Reactions: Anno31415
5.00 star(s) 33 Votes