Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.3.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Hey, I'm new to here and I'm sorry if this was already asked and answered before.
But I noticed this in FutaIsekai and Idk if it is everywhere.
When using urm I can mod anything as I like and I can safe the game without issues.
But if I want to share the save files to people without the urm mod installed they get a error that the referenced module of urm can't be found.

Now my question:
Is there a way to make a save of a game without having the urm included so that it can be shared with other without the mod?
I have seen this happening in some unique cases, but couldn't find a fix. Seems to be something related to some specific Ren'Py versions in some specific cases.

Sorry for (maybe) the stupid question

Example:

I'm playing a game. I made some changes with URM (names, for example). I play until the final of this version

When the new version of the game release, i need a "save file" from URM of the last version to keep the changes i made????? Or the game automatic read?

(sorry about my english)
When you modify a variable's value the new value will be saved in you gamesave, so you don't need URM afterward for that.

0x52 In the Textbox Customizer, can you please add the ability to deselect the fonts in your list while in FULL mode like you do for LIGHT mode? Or if possible, to choose a custom font in the user's PC.

View attachment 3892771
View attachment 3892772
Light mode uses the game's own dialogue with some limited customization options. In this case you can choose to have URM override the game's font.
In full mode there's no default font, because it's URM's own dialogue, thus you cannot clear the font.

I see this error in many games. Is there a way to fix it?
URM version 2.3.1
Ren'Py 8.2.1.24030407
Android 10
Game:Babysitter
I'm using the modified language version of the game.
What did you do that caused the issue?
When opening the game
Do you have any other mods installed? Does the issue still exist without the other mod(s)?
No other mods. Game starts fine when removing URM.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Seems like the "0x52_URM.rpa" got corrupted?!

Greetings,

Anyone know how to fix the below? I tried using the fix from OG post but the line it said to look for isnt in 00action_date.rpy

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You are using a very old version of URM.

S_Rodney

Jan 31, 2023
Do I have a doozy for ya...

Elmwood University. The way the author coded it... Variable changes aren't detected by URM. Instead of a choice leading to, let's say "RP +=1" it leads to "the next label" where variables change right at the start of it. So URM doesn't "properly" detect the change as usual since the code is so weirdly structured (but once you understand it, you get the logic)

here's a snippet of code...

Code:
    ch "So who was your favourite, [pname]?"
    scene e1cheer81 with dissolve
    default e1bestsplits = "None"
    menu:
        "Chelsea":
            $ e1bestsplits = "Chelsea"
            jump cheertalk7ch
        "Lydia":
            $ e1bestsplits = "Lydia"
            jump cheertalk7ly
        "Ella":
            $ e1bestsplits = "Ella"
            jump cheertalk7el
        "You were all great":
            $ e1bestsplits = "All"
            jump cheertalk7all

label cheertalk7ch:
    call chlike from _call_chlike_2
    call eldislike from _call_eldislike_1
    p "You were the best, Chelsea."
    scene e1cheer84a with dissolve
    ch "Aww, thanks! I think Ella was better though."
    jump cheertalk8

label cheertalk7ly:
    call lylike from _call_lylike_4
    call eldislike from _call_eldislike_2
    p "You were the best, Lydia."
    scene e1cheer82a with dissolve
    ly "Thanks, gorgeous. But I have to disagree, I've got nothing on Ella."
    jump cheertalk8
So when URM detects a choice... it only shows "jump cheertalk7ch"... and WHEN you start that label, chlike and eldislike are other labels that modifies variable values (if you know the variable name, URM will give you the value) but URM won't inform you of it.

it's not really a bug, at all, it's the way this code is structured. URM wasn't designed to "look that far" into the code... Think you can overcome this ?

Skep-tiker

Oct 11, 2023
Recent update of ripples does not respond to URM... deposited the .rpa in the correct game folder.... no URM notification, no 52 button, no U swipe possible.

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes