Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.3] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
I've got a weird problem...

I've been trying to use the rename option to fix some grammar mistakes in "My New Family". To be precise in the first part Chapters 1-9. I just won't replace anything. At first I thought it was because the dialogue lines were wrapped and the indenting spaces were interfering so I reformatted the script file to have every dialogue line on a single line but even that didn't change anything...

Not too much bothered by it, just curious...

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
0x52

i got an error/crash at the game https://f95zone.to/threads/island-of-lust-v0-8-extra-art-of-lust.50915/

is it mod related?
and if - can you help with it?
I got some errors with GirlHouse game it has been completed anyway but maybe this is useful for you
Thanks for reporting. Both issues will be fixed in the next release.
cant figure out what im doing wrong try to follow the video BUT whats shown in video is NOT whats shown in game for me
when i click the little box open urm says do i wanna end the current reply?no other options so...?
This would mean you're opening URM while you're in a replay. Does it work when you choose to end the replay and try opening URM again?

vimey

Nov 29, 2020
I think I found something wrong with renaming feature in some games for example when you have original :
[presistent.player_name] or [player_name] the replacement doesn't work it works only if you have a name

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
Thanks for reporting. Both issues will be fixed in the next release.

This would mean you're opening URM while you're in a replay. Does it work when you choose to end the replay and try opening URM again?
its ok now an earlier post someone replied and it fixed me but yeah that was the problem lol ty tho ro

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Won't load with Witch Trainer Silver. Traceback on launch.
Seems that they have modified Ren'Py itself. When you grab the Ren'Py SDK (from renpy.org) extract it, put "WTS-pc" in there and run Renpy you can start the game with URM just fine

Victorius Astral

Astral Lust Developer
Game Developer
Jan 10, 2021
https://f95zone.to/threads/astral-lust-v0-1-6c-victorius.71117/

player stats/effects // love // lust// trust // submission // inventory/vault and more // outfits

you need atleast 1 item to show correct value at inv/vault

View attachment 1250999 View attachment 1251000 View attachment 1251001

extract attached file to *\game folder
!always save before edit!

how to use : https://f95zone.to/threads/universal-renpy-mod-1-2-mod-any-renpy-game-yourself.48025/

open mod with alt+m
click the little open folder icon right upper
load a urm. file

i recommend always to play the game one time without cheats to understand gamemechanics

mod should work with future updates

!use at own risk! - dont complain to dev´s /modder about broken saves/gamestates
(look for a updated 0x52_urm.rpa file every month or 2 at link above)

(inventory.urm will be updated later if i have more items/goods ;) )
You've added Mysterious Trader affection? Man you got quite a taste.. I'm now working on rework of card/combat/effects system so you might need to update your mod around 0.1.8 or 0.2.0

Question to the 0x52, could I add your .rpa to my modder kit?

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
You've added Mysterious Trader affection? Man you got quite a taste.. I'm now working on rework of card/combat/effects system so you might need to update your mod around 0.1.8 or 0.2.0

ok i keep it in mind - thanks
and for the .rpa please ask the mod maker 0x52
https://f95zone.to/threads/universal-renpy-mod-1-2-mod-any-renpy-game-yourself.48025/
im just bored and making mod files (.urm) for various games ;)
have a good day
and nice game btw - bit too much grind but its ok with mod :p

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
I think I found something wrong with renaming feature in some games for example when you have original :
[presistent.player_name] or [player_name] the replacement doesn't work it works only if you have a name
Seem that I broke this in URM 1.2. I'll look for a solutions, thanks for reporting.
I don't know what you mean by that
Hi 0x52, like the new feature for 1.2.
Can you also do a similar function for auto route selection, example some game the routes is based on stats and route or path will change.
You mean you want URM to auto select choices for a specific path you want? That would be very game specific

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
I've got a weird problem...

I've been trying to use the rename option to fix some grammar mistakes in "My New Family". To be precise in the first part Chapters 1-9. I just won't replace anything. At first I thought it was because the dialogue lines were wrapped and the indenting spaces were interfering so I reformatted the script file to have every dialogue line on a single line but even that didn't change anything...

Not too much bothered by it, just curious...
I cannot reproduce this. Tested it on My New Family 0.14 and it works fine here.

When I search variables for this game https://f95zone.to/threads/demon-boy-v0-1-eromersive.85881/ I can't see anything
Scrollable views are broken in this game, that why nothing is shown.
I'll have a look to see if there's something I can do.

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
I not a programmer so I not sure if I get my meaning across, did a small research and I think what I want is for the detection of "if" so we can choose which route to go even we don't meet the requirement. Not sure if you get what I mean.
well
this sounds really game specific
i dont think the universal mod can handle this
you can still search the variables for and save/change them - did this a lot of times

like here

Download (1).png Download (2).png

vimey

Nov 29, 2020
I not a programmer so I not sure if I get my meaning across, did a small research and I think what I want is for the detection of "if" so we can choose which route to go even we don't meet the requirement. Not sure if you get what I mean.
I think you can do that since you can select the hidden choices even if you don't meet the requirement for example I don't know if you played desert stalker but I gave up the artifact to save the elf then I give it to the queen and I don't actually have it because I can select the hidden choice

vimey

Nov 29, 2020
If only we know what the variables or the value is, as I already said I not a programmer. I think is similar to choices detected but is more on the "if" so will be route/path detected
You can see the variables when you have a choice even the hidden ones

vimey

Nov 29, 2020
0x52 I noticed something else but this is maybe because I have an old laptop when I search for a variable and I got too much variables it becomes very slow

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes