Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.3] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes
May 21, 2022
The game Elle Confidentail crashes with URM?

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/0x52/classes/main.rpy", line 204, in <module>
File "game/0x52/framework/01loader.rpy", line 26, in load_file
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'endswith'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "0x52/classes/main.rpyc", line 200, in script
File "\ellieconfidential-0.2-pc\ellieconfidential-0.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1132, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "\ellieconfidential-0.2-pc\ellieconfidential-0.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.0.23021702n
Ellie Confidential 0.2
Fri Feb 24 13:47:21 2023
```

MonkeyMonkz

Feb 8, 2019
After Updating the URM to the latest version, behold.. it's there. Thanks! My fault as I try to update them from inside the game, it says it's been updated but how naive im to believe. I download it manually and the problem was solved. ;)

GREAT MOD AS ALWAYS!

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Trying to rename characters in this game World's Crossing Academy I get an error screen. I can replace words just renaming causes crash.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
They tried to create a variable "as" for a character, but you cannot create a variable names "as" in Python.
It seems like this character isn't used, so you can remove the line "define as = Character ("Ashira")" from the file "game/questvar.rpy"

The game Elle Confidentail crashes with URM?

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "0x52/classes/main.rpyc", line 200, in script
File "\ellieconfidential-0.2-pc\ellieconfidential-0.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1132, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "\ellieconfidential-0.2-pc\ellieconfidential-0.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.0.23021702n
Ellie Confidential 0.2
Fri Feb 24 13:47:21 2023
```
For some reason this game uses a nightly build of Ren'Py, those are not meant for production. This text shows on the Ren'Py nightly builds page: "These are nightly builds of Ren'Py, primarily created to let you help with testing and development of Ren'Py. DO NOT RELEASE GAMES WITH THESE, as they may contain bugs and APIs that will not remain supported"

Please grab the new URM (1.13.4), this should work.

May 21, 2022
They tried to create a variable "as" for a character, but you cannot create a variable names "as" in Python.
It seems like this character isn't used, so you can remove the line "define as = Character ("Ashira")" from the file "game/questvar.rpy"

For some reason this game uses a nightly build of Ren'Py, those are not meant for production. This text shows on the Ren'Py nightly builds page: "These are nightly builds of Ren'Py, primarily created to let you help with testing and development of Ren'Py. DO NOT RELEASE GAMES WITH THESE, as they may contain bugs and APIs that will not remain supported"

thanks for the update!

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019

Hey! Dev of World's Crossing Academy here. Someone in my community pointed me towards your post, and I wanted to thank you for your insight. You are correct, the character "Ashira" is not in the game and probably won't be added, as I'm working on a Season 2 of the same series that will be a separate download and executable.

Thank you for your insight, as I probably would have been stuck for days wondering why I couldn't write anything with this character. I'll be changing her abbreviation in both Season 1 and Season 2's files.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
I'll be changing her abbreviation in both Season 1 and Season 2's files.
Wow! 0x52 teaching game developers how to not break their code -- this is the most underrated "feature" of this mod! :LOL:

How many times did 0x52 had to say something along the lines "Sorry, can't fix that, the game devs didn't stick to the rules, and they broke RenPy", and now finally a game dev comes into this thread and appreciates the master's work, and will actually change their code!

Sir, thank you for your hard and continuous work, and bless you for your time to create, update and share this great mod!

Valuvika

Feb 5, 2023
After the latest update, the games' exe has to be fetched from the virus protection quarantine every time. It used to be the same, but there were many working versions in between. What does this. It's getting annoying to always dig through the anti-virus folders.

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
I have a dumb question. When selecting the variables, it is possible to order them alphabetically, but it seems in the watchpanel, they cannot be ordered alphabetically - is it true, or am I missing something evident ?

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
I have a dumb question. When selecting the variables, it is possible to order them alphabetically, but it seems in the watchpanel, they cannot be ordered alphabetically - is it true, or am I missing something evident ?
not in the watchpanel
but you can do it yourself if you just select them in a order you like to "watch"

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
After the latest update, the games' exe has to be fetched from the virus protection quarantine every time. It used to be the same, but there were many working versions in between. What does this. It's getting annoying to always dig through the anti-virus folders.
yeah , my avast is acting weird too
( idp.generic)

Last edited:

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
yeah , my avast is acting weird too
( idp.generic)
Not URM related, but I noticed the same thing with a game using and unreleased Ren'Py version (8.1).

You have requested that before and I replied:
I've put this on my todo list ;)
So it will be added at some point ;)

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Not URM related, but I noticed the same thing with a game using and unreleased Ren'Py version (8.1).
yeah thought so ...

its not at all games , but recently happens more often , even if the folder is on exeption list
focking avast , focking windows :ROFLMAO:

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
You have requested that before and I replied:

So it will be added at some point ;)
Oops, apologies, I did not even remember having asked it before, and seeing it was possible for the variable list, I thought it was possible also for the watch panel, my bad (what's the smilie for "big eyes pussy in boots apology" ? :)).
There is a game for which I done a patch for the community, and to be able to check the various paths without having to go back and forward all the time, I play with the variables (the games uses variables also to remember the player choicse), so I ended up with a long list in the watchpanel, that's why I was asking.
Again, sorry, no intention to "pressure".

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes