Tutorial Tool Universal ripping tutorial for game contents

Conquestus

Modder
Jun 17, 2018
Hello guys and gals and welcome to the universal ripping tutorial for game contents

This is a very basic Tutorial and mostly I'm presenting several tools (and where to find them) that can be used to rip contents off the different game types, like Ren'py, RPG Maker, Unity and several HGames.

That said we shall begin, shall we?

Download:

CrageGUI.jpg

crass is a little outdated tool, yet still one of the best tools out there, to get content out of several HGames. The older the game, the more likely you can get content out of it.
Most of the time it is enough to simply choose the package file which obviously has the "stuff" in it, what you can easily recognise on the filesize (which should be big in comparison to the others) and hit the execute button.

Sometimes it's not that easy, yet crass comes with a documentation with some helpful hints to still get contents out of games of certain developers, by using the advanced mode of crass/CrageGUI.

Be aware that most HGames have a Japanese background (surprise, surprise) so running CrageGui in Japanese-mode with a locale-Tool or changing your PC's localisation itself can solve many issues, that otherwise can't be solved when ripping files with Japanese names.

Download:

ExtractData.jpg

ExtractData is another tool that is really powerful to rip content out of many VN HGames. Simply drag the package into the Interface and see if ExtractData can do something with it.
The big plus of ExtractData is, that it can use Susie-Plugins, which you can find all over the internet. The only problem is - You find them on Japanese sites. So it's a little bit difficult to find the right Susie plugin, when your Japanese is based on looking Hentai with bad subtitles. That's also the reason I'm not presenting here - No idea how to work with it :p

In the Setup of ExtractData you can select which Susie-plugins ExtractData should try on that certain files you try to rip. When choosing to many plugins that are construed for the same file suffixes, they can kill each other out, so don't simply activate them all.

Also, the hint in crass with the Japanese localisation counts for ExtractData too... Basically it counts whenever Japanese games with Japanese file structures are or may be involved.

Download:

RPG Maker Decrypter.jpg

RPGMaker Decrypter is THE tool when you want to rip contents of RPG Maker XP/VX/VX Ace games. Simply choose the .rgssad/.rgss2a/.rgss3a file and extract the contents via Tools -> Extract all files and the extracted contents will appear.

Download:

Universal Extractor.jpg

Universal Extractor 2 is, like the name points out, the tool for everything. It's more like a tool collection itself, that tries different methods to identify files to then find the right method to extract the contents out of them. It doesn't always work, but oftenly enough Universal Extractor 2 gave me a good surprise, when all my other ripping attempts have failed. Another good thing: Universal Extractor 2 still gets updates, also you can help the developer(s) to improve universal extractor 2 by sending reports, when the program fails to rip your stuff.

Download:
rpa extractor.jpg
As the screenshot implies, rpa extractor is a command line tool. The easiest way to work with rpa extractor, is to put your .rpa file into the rpa extractor folder, type CMD into the adress bar and type that stuff in you see in the screenshot:
Code:
rpa extractor -x archive.rpa -o archive
where archive.rpa is obviously the name of your archive file (can have any name) and archive at the end is the name of the folder that will be created in your rpa extractor folder and where the ripped content will be extracted into.

Download:
Source: (thx to JohnDoeJoe)

UnityEx.jpg

UnityEx is an easy tool that can be used to get content out of Unity games/archives, basically meshes, textures, sounds and music files. To use it, you simply click "Open archive Unity" and look for the "resources.assets" of your targeted unity game. If everything works fine, the game contents will show up in the list and you can simply extract the source files by selecting them, rightclicking and chosing "Export Source Files". UnityEx will create a folder in the game structure then, with the extracted source files.

Download:

DXExtract.jpg

DXExtract is used, when you want to extract contents of Wolf RPG Games. Chose the archive via "Open" and export the wanted contents via "Export". It's as easy as that.

Download:

SB3Utility.jpg

When it comes to Illusion Games, SB3Utility is your friend. This tool was basically forged in the Flames of Hongfire by Alamar and enimaroah (and any contributer). That's the tool for many modders, so it is not only a ripping tool. If you want to know how to work with it, simply look into the SB3Utility Wiki, as it's a really complex and powerful tool. You find the Wiki .

That's it for now. There are still some other tools to present, yet I'm struggling to find some links at the moment. I'll present them as soon as I can.

If there are any questions, feel free to ask and I'll see if I can help. Do NOT ask me to rip something for you (not gonna happen).

Last edited:

HentaiFanUK

Nov 1, 2019
I'd love to get UnityEX and try it out but the download site is a no go 'Download limit Exceeded' not going to sign up, download or pay anything to them. shame there isn't a mega or better download alternative.

Reactions: Conquestus

Conquestus

Modder
Jun 17, 2018
I'd love to get UnityEX and try it out but the download site is a no go 'Download limit Exceeded' not going to sign up, download or pay anything to them. shame there isn't a mega or better download alternative.
Thanks for the info. I found another link and updated the link.

Reactions: HentaiFanUK

JohnDoeJoe

Apr 24, 2017
Original source of UnityEx in case someone wants to see if there is an update or something:
Code:
https://forum.zoneofgames.ru/topic/36240-unityex/#entry675422

Surgy

Modder
Apr 23, 2018
One more universal guide for extraction tool search I found on reddit:
First, head over to and find out the Japanese name of the VN.

Next go to , and use custom search with its Japanese name. Go to the first result, and use "Find in page" of your browser with the name, that will tell you what tool you'll need.

Finally, go to and download the extraction tool.

sans69kappa123

Jan 24, 2018
does anyone know what tool i should use to extract the game contents from Suffering Magic Girl - Makeup Riona (RE285070)? i tried crass and universal extractor 2 but no luck. The files in "Spriter" and "background" are all in .bnk format.

nhj3

Apr 25, 2020
Hello guys and gals and welcome to the universal ripping tutorial for game contents

This is a very basic Tutorial and mostly I'm presenting several tools (and where to find them) that can be used to rip contents off the different game types, like Ren'py, RPG Maker, Unity and several HGames.

That said we shall begin, shall we?

Download:

View attachment 442002

crass is a little outdated tool, yet still one of the best tools out there, to get content out of several HGames. The older the game, the more likely you can get content out of it.
Most of the time it is enough to simply choose the package file which obviously has the "stuff" in it, what you can easily recognise on the filesize (which should be big in comparison to the others) and hit the execute button.

Sometimes it's not that easy, yet crass comes with a documentation with some helpful hints to still get contents out of games of certain developers, by using the advanced mode of crass/CrageGUI.

Be aware that most HGames have a Japanese background (surprise, surprise) so running CrageGui in Japanese-mode with a locale-Tool or changing your PC's localisation itself can solve many issues, that otherwise can't be solved when ripping files with Japanese names.

Download:

View attachment 442012

ExtractData is another tool that is really powerful to rip content out of many VN HGames. Simply drag the package into the Interface and see if ExtractData can do something with it.
The big plus of ExtractData is, that it can use Susie-Plugins, which you can find all over the internet. The only problem is - You find them on Japanese sites. So it's a little bit difficult to find the right Susie plugin, when your Japanese is based on looking Hentai with bad subtitles. That's also the reason I'm not presenting here - No idea how to work with it :p

In the Setup of ExtractData you can select which Susie-plugins ExtractData should try on that certain files you try to rip. When choosing to many plugins that are construed for the same file suffixes, they can kill each other out, so don't simply activate them all.

Also, the hint in crass with the Japanese localisation counts for ExtractData too... Basically it counts whenever Japanese games with Japanese file structures are or may be involved.

Download:

View attachment 442018

RPGMaker Decrypter is THE tool when you want to rip contents of RPG Maker XP/VX/VX Ace games. Simply choose the .rgssad/.rgss2a/.rgss3a file and extract the contents via Tools -> Extract all files and the extracted contents will appear.

Download:

View attachment 442020

Universal Extractor 2 is, like the name points out, the tool for everything. It's more like a tool collection itself, that tries different methods to identify files to then find the right method to extract the contents out of them. It doesn't always work, but oftenly enough Universal Extractor 2 gave me a good surprise, when all my other ripping attempts have failed. Another good thing: Universal Extractor 2 still gets updates, also you can help the developer(s) to improve universal extractor 2 by sending reports, when the program fails to rip your stuff.

Download:
View attachment 442027
As the screenshot implies, rpa extractor is a command line tool. The easiest way to work with rpa extractor, is to put your .rpa file into the rpa extractor folder, type CMD into the adress bar and type that stuff in you see in the screenshot:
Code:
rpa extractor -x archive.rpa -o archive
where archive.rpa is obviously the name of your archive file (can have any name) and archive at the end is the name of the folder that will be created in your rpa extractor folder and where the ripped content will be extracted into.

Download:
Source: (thx to JohnDoeJoe)

View attachment 442033

UnityEx is an easy tool that can be used to get content out of Unity games/archives, basically meshes, textures, sounds and music files. To use it, you simply click "Open archive Unity" and look for the "resources.assets" of your targeted unity game. If everything works fine, the game contents will show up in the list and you can simply extract the source files by selecting them, rightclicking and chosing "Export Source Files". UnityEx will create a folder in the game structure then, with the extracted source files.

Download:

View attachment 442041

DXExtract is used, when you want to extract contents of Wolf RPG Games. Chose the archive via "Open" and export the wanted contents via "Export". It's as easy as that.

Download:

View attachment 442044

When it comes to Illusion Games, SB3Utility is your friend. This tool was basically forged in the Flames of Hongfire by Alamar and enimaroah (and any contributer). That's the tool for many modders, so it is not only a ripping tool. If you want to know how to work with it, simply look into the SB3Utility Wiki, as it's a really complex and powerful tool. You find the Wiki .

That's it for now. There are still some other tools to present, yet I'm struggling to find some links at the moment. I'll present them as soon as I can.

If there are any questions, feel free to ask and I'll see if I can help. Do NOT ask me to rip something for you (not gonna happen).
Can CrageGUI or Extractdata extract ypf files? from Yu-Ris engine (the same engine that euphoria use)

Reactions: onropevoli

Conquestus

Modder
Jun 17, 2018
Can CrageGUI or Extractdata extract ypf files? from Yu-Ris engine (the same engine that euphoria use)
Hard to remember anything that can be ripped or not. Maybe just give it a go. I think I remember having ripped some .ypf files in the past with CrageGUI, but I'm not 100% sure.

Reactions: nhj3

AriaSkai

May 15, 2019
Is there a program that works for unreal engine? I have found one or two but they lack any information on how to use them.

• Thinking Face

Conquestus

Modder
Jun 17, 2018
Is there a program that works for unreal engine? I have found one or two but they lack any information on how to use them.
Sadly I don't have any experience with Unreal Engine. But I found this on a quick search:
Maybe it helps.

Reactions: AriaSkai

riko16

Nov 16, 2017
Sadly I don't have any experience with Unreal Engine. But I found this on a quick search:
Maybe it helps.
Im trying to extract some .bin files from a game to get the images, any tip on how to do it Conquestus sensei ?
(already tried a lot of the extractors and google is not helping much)

Conquestus

Modder
Jun 17, 2018
Im trying to extract some .bin files from a game to get the images, any tip on how to do it Conquestus sensei ?
(already tried a lot of the extractors and google is not helping much)
.bin files are widely spread, therefore there are different approaches necessary, depending on the game/engine. So is still about the Unreal Engine (Because you quoted my comment that implies that)?

riko16

Nov 16, 2017
.bin files are widely spread, therefore there are different approaches necessary, depending on the game/engine. So is still about the Unreal Engine (Because you quoted my comment that implies that)?
Sorry, I dont know how to mention someone so I quoted, the game is Dandy boy adventures, I found this about the engine in a post of the creator of the game: "The engine is programmed using C++. It is actually 3D engine masked to look like 2D." So I dont really know whats it is.
A guy made a cg rip but the link is dead and the guy is nowhere to be found, but at least I know that maybe it is possible.

Last edited:

Conquestus

Modder
Jun 17, 2018
Sorry, I dont know how to mention someone so I quoted, the game is Dandy boy adventures, I found this about the engine in a post of the creator of the game: "The engine is programmed using C++. It is actually 3D engine masked to look like 2D." So I dont really know whats it is.
A guy made a cg rip but the link is dead and the guy is nowhere to be found, but at least I know that maybe it is possible.
.bin files are quite a pain in the ass in my experience. Especially in indie projects. It seems though, that this game uses for it's data compression, so this would be a starting point. Personally I don't have any experience with that.

Reactions: riko16

riko16

Nov 16, 2017
.bin files are quite a pain in the ass in my experience. Especially in indie projects. It seems though, that this game uses for it's data compression, so this would be a starting point. Personally I don't have any experience with that.
Thank you sensei, this is a great starting point! I will search for more info about zlib and how to extract.