Tutorial Tool Universal ripping tutorial for game contents

Purb

Jul 8, 2018
Well i'm trying to extract this game from this website, if it helps: I remember there was a way with firefox, but it no longer works.

Conquestus

Modder
Jun 17, 2018
Well i'm trying to extract this game from this website, if it helps: I remember there was a way with firefox, but it no longer works.
Sadly I don't have experience with ripping stuff from websites that's not supposed to be ripped. Maybe it helps to snoop around in the source code of the website, but I don't see any "easy" solutions.

Reactions: Purb

AcademicCup

Aug 13, 2018
i'm trying to get the CGs from Milk Factory games like but i can't make any of the programs work. Any help would be great.
The files are .xp3

Last edited:

Purb

Jul 8, 2018
Sadly I don't have experience with ripping stuff from websites that's not supposed to be ripped. Maybe it helps to snoop around in the source code of the website, but I don't see any "easy" solutions.
True and yeah the game is an HTML5, i don't know if there is a rip tool for HTML5 games.

Conquestus

Modder
Jun 17, 2018
i'm trying to get the CGs from Milk Factory games like but i can't make any of the programs work. Any help would be great.
The files are .xp3
.xp3 files oftenly are protected more intensive from ripping attempts, which means that they are only rippable with specialized software. I can't tell if that's the case in that particular game.

Drakexny

Apr 9, 2020
Sorry, you will know which tool is necessary for games with "data.xp3 and xp3dec.tpm". Thanks for your attention.

RisingSoul

Aug 25, 2020
Sorry, I dont know how to mention someone so I quoted, the game is Dandy boy adventures, I found this about the engine in a post of the creator of the game: "The engine is programmed using C++. It is actually 3D engine masked to look like 2D." So I dont really know whats it is.
A guy made a cg rip but the link is dead and the guy is nowhere to be found, but at least I know that maybe it is possible.
Hey there !
Any luck extracting the CGs ?

I've messed around a bit , but with no luck :\
Trying to get the latest CGs

Tokita

Nov 19, 2019
Here's another tool for extracting Wolf RPG archives if DXExtract doesn't work:
  1. Simply drag and drop a .wolf file onto touhouSE.exe.
  2. Press ENTER once the command prompt finishes doing its job.
  3. There should now be a folder titled data in the same directory as touhouSE.exe.
Hope this helps someone else out there.

Reactions: riko16

riko16

Nov 16, 2017
Hello, first time extractor here, I'm trying to put together a machine translation for a JVN and am trying to use crass to open a .pak file. I've been following the documentation for the game but am not really sure where the extracted files are... going? I get a success message but don't know how to see into the file afterwards.
Ima still not able to extract those CGs bro :cry:

May 29, 2017
God damn it :c ... I keep trying but no luck ... can anyone help us please ?
lol it looks like a bunch of us are trying to crack Dandy Boy! I've been trying -and failing- to compile zlib and use the MiniUnzip.exe tool within its source code... but I have exactly zero experience doing any of this haha. everywhere I look from reddit to obscure coding forums, I simply cannot find a laymans explanation of zlib, nor a precompiled version that actually works. I actually reached out to the developer -Oni- with some Steam assets I created from the existing CG; I'm hoping that they can send me the most recent CGs so I can create assets from those. If they respond, I'll make sure to upload the CGs onto the Dandy Boy thread

RisingSoul

Aug 25, 2020
lol it looks like a bunch of us are trying to crack Dandy Boy! I've been trying -and failing- to compile zlib and use the MiniUnzip.exe tool within its source code... but I have exactly zero experience doing any of this haha. everywhere I look from reddit to obscure coding forums, I simply cannot find a laymans explanation of zlib, nor a precompiled version that actually works. I actually reached out to the developer -Oni- with some Steam assets I created from the existing CG; I'm hoping that they can send me the most recent CGs so I can create assets from those. If they respond, I'll make sure to upload the CGs onto the Dandy Boy thread
Hahahahah good to see there is more of us !

There was this guy that was able to extract everything , CGs , Gifs , avatars ... even unused content .
So it's do able .... but MAN is it difficult !
I wish he mentioned how he did it or gave us a hint .

Reactions: beatmeatgosleep

RT_Zinky

Dec 30, 2019
Anyone know if this actually works for Yu-Ris games? I'm too stupid to know how to compile it so I can't exactly test it myself.

eliasstein

Mar 5, 2019
Anyone know if this actually works for Yu-Ris games? I'm too stupid to know how to compile it so I can't exactly test it myself.
Yes this tool works but only in yu-ris 4.70 in forward (in forward? idk im spanish haha)

Ben999_1947

Nov 3, 2018
There is another tool we might add GARbro (game archives resources browser) which work well and support a lot of formats.

Reactions: alexff371