Mod Ren'Py University of Problems [v1.4.5 Extended] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Update progress: Everything has been ported over including all proofreading edit patches. The SanchoGallery (including Extras) have been coded. Now for the hardest part: updating the ChoiceGuide and the dreaded PhoneMsgs/Alerts. I'll keep y'all posted.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I fixed a small issue where if you where viewing a scene/extra from the SanchoGallery you could select the gallery again via the SanchoMod screen. The OP has those fresh links. If you DL'd the mod before this it's not a huge deal, it's not a mandatory update. Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It doesn't seem to work to unlock memories? Extras work though!
The mod does not unlock the OEM gallery, those are kept clean so you can use them as achievements. The unlocked gallery "SanchoGallery" is a completely separate gallery that has everything viewable. Access via the SanchoMod screen (second pic in OP), then select "SanchoGallery" (third pic in OP). You'll know it when you see "SanchoGallery" in the upper-left of screen in both Memories and Extras. Regards. (pics below for easier reference)

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good evening. I wanted to say thank you all for the moral support and love. It truly means a lot to me that my personal projects benefit at least a few folks out there. I do put a lot into these mods since I code them for my use as a priority... and I have a rather high bar of expectation of what I want. It will only get better from here as I continue to manipulate RenPy to my will. As always I wish only the best to you and yours. Thanks again. -Sancho

Aug 13, 2021
I founda bug, I get stuck on the party with this mode.

stuck.png

I can't select the other arrow. Or any arrow for that matter.

In the game without the mode I can select everything.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I founda bug, I get stuck on the party with this mode.

View attachment 1740472

I can't select the other arrow. Or any arrow for that matter.

In the game without the mode I can select everything.
That is indeed very odd as I don't manipulate the image navigation at all. No one in over 30k DLs has run into it either. Give me a bit to look into it. BTW, did you already click on Marco/Vlad, use rollback, load a save in the middle of the freeroam, etc? I may need the savefile to isolate as again, the freeroam image navigation files are completely virgin, unmodded.

Edit: I need your help to isolate. I'm at that exact screen and everything is fine. This is on a test machine with no other RenPy on it, a fresh install of VN, and a fresh install of the downloaded mod:
1649129086259.png

Edit 2: Wait...look at your screen. There's no way you should have access to the phone or notebook (top-right). What did you do? That's impossible unless you loaded some other save during the freeroam as those two items are explicitly removed by the script right after the MC says "Looks like the party is already in full swing." here:
1649129385591.png 1649129428462.png
See the top-right. As soon as you enter freeroam those hotbuttons are removed but in your pic you still have them.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021
That is indeed very odd as I don't manipulate the image navigation at all. No one in over 30k DLs has run into it either. Give me a bit to look into it. BTW, did you already click on Marco/Vlad, use rollback, load a save in the middle of the freeroam, etc? I may need the savefile to isolate as again, the freeroam image navigation files are completely virgin, unmodded.

Edit: I need your help to isolate. I'm at that exact screen and everything is fine. This is on a test machine with no other RenPy on it, a fresh install of VN, and a fresh install of the downloaded mod:
View attachment 1740717

Edit 2: Wait...look at your screen. There's no way you should have access to the phone or notebook (top-right). What did you do? That's impossible unless you loaded some other save during the freeroam as those two items are explicitly removed by the script right after the MC says "Looks like the party is already in full swing." here:
View attachment 1740721 View attachment 1740722
See the top-right. As soon as you enter freeroam those hotbuttons are removed but in your pic you still have them.

I don't know what I did, I started the game again from the beginning after deleting everything and unpacking again and tried to fastforward until the moment. I can't click on anyone just the 1 arrow appears highlighted. Also I don't know if it helps but I donwloaded the game from Anonfile.

Edit: Here are my 2 saves

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I don't know what I did, I started the game again from the beginning after deleting everything and unpacking again and tried to fastforward until the moment. I can't click on anyone just the 1 arrow appears highlighted. Also I don't know if it helps but I donwloaded the game from Anonfile.

Edit: Here are my 2 saves
Good morning. It's early here but that's not an excuse... I'm perplexed at the moment. I loaded both your saves and they run just fine on my end so I grabbed a "virgin" laptop from my office, copied over v0.8.5e and the v0.9.0e update patch (those are the files I have with me at the moment), installed those, downloaded SanchoMod from this OP and installed, copied both your saves renaming them to work on page 9 (just for my convenience) and it all worked.

I then took it a step further, speedran a new playthrough on that laptop and only answering msgs that were mandatory, not using any OEM cheats, and got to the freeroam. I too then had both the phone and notebook icons available as in your original pic, but everything still ran just fine. I started the freeroam going directly inside (skipping Carol for the moment) and was able to click Vlad/Marco and both navigation arrows. I'm a bit stumped at the moment since your save files give me nothing to go on and neither did a new playthrough on a fresh system with fresh installs.

Your thoughts while I drink another coffee and analyze the issue? Regards.

Aug 13, 2021
Good morning. It's early here but that's not an excuse... I'm perplexed at the moment. I loaded both your saves and they run just fine on my end so I grabbed a "virgin" laptop from my office, copied over v0.8.5e and the v0.9.0e update patch (those are the files I have with me at the moment), installed those, downloaded SanchoMod from this OP and installed, copied both your saves renaming them to work on page 9 (just for my convenience) and it all worked.

I then took it a step further, speedran a new playthrough on that laptop and only answering msgs that were mandatory, not using any OEM cheats, and got to the freeroam. I too then had both the phone and notebook icons available as in your original pic, but everything still ran just fine. I started the freeroam going directly inside (skipping Carol for the moment) and was able to click Vlad/Marco and both navigation arrows. I'm a bit stumped at the moment since your save files give me nothing to go on and neither did a new playthrough on a fresh system with fresh installs.

Your thoughts while I drink another coffee and analyze the issue? Regards.

Well thanks for trying to help me. I don't know if it's because my laptop is really old or not that might have something to do it. I tried again and the same problem appeared...

Then I tried to run the game in admin mode just because and everything started to work fine, I have free roam. I tried to run this game again without admin mode just to see the result and the free roam is still working... So... I don't know what happened but now it's working flawlesly.

Thanks again

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well thanks for trying to help me. I don't know if it's because my laptop is really old or not that might have something to do it. I tried again and the same problem appeared...

Then I tried to run the game in admin mode just because and everything started to work fine, I have free roam. I tried to run this game again without admin mode just to see the result and the free roam is still working... So... I don't know what happened but now it's working flawlesly.

Thanks again
I'm glad you're at least running now, but what an odd issue, right? I'll keep this issue open on my end just in case. I know that SanchoMod is system resource hungry (it's advanced code, pushing RenPy pretty damn hard so there's not much that can be done about that, it's the whole point of my mods... to go above and beyond). Anyway, have a great morning and let me know if anything else pops up. We'll do our best to get to the root of the issue. Regards.

concord72

Mar 30, 2020
Absolutely love the mod, just have a quick question. During my playthrough, I chose the rough deepthroat option for Roxy's blowjob during the lecture. But for some reason, that scene is showing as locked in the in-game gallery. It works in the Sancho Gallery but there the rough deepthroat option is greyed out. Is this normal?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Absolutely love the mod, just have a quick question. During my playthrough, I chose the rough deepthroat option for Roxy's blowjob during the lecture. But for some reason, that scene is showing as locked in the in-game gallery. It works in the Sancho Gallery but there the rough deepthroat option is greyed out. Is this normal?
Good afternoon (here). Well, the walkthrough tells you if you are able to unlock it by choosing "Rough deep throat" and if you are not able to it tells you what you need to do it. I enlarged the MiniStat screen so you can see her current stats in the pic below that does NOT meet the requirements...and the ChoiceGuide tells you that Memories awarded is None, and what is required to be awarded.
1649189904188.png

Here's the same scenario but with the pic showing that all the requirements for unlocking ARE met (note her stats as well):
1649191003744.png

Once the above is done, in either gallery you should see this (both options available):
1649191154342.png
Edit: I also just realized that I might have wasted my time and yours with the above post. If you are asking why the choice option is not available in SanchoGallery while it is locked in the OEM gallery, it's because the actually scene replay that I'm piggybacking off of checks that persistent variable to unlock that choice in the replay. Since SanchoMod doesn't modify your persistent data (so you can still have the OEM achievement goals through normal playthrough) it's the limitation of me piggybacking off the OEM script.

BUT... After thinking about it for a bit though I think I have a rather easy fix that I can implement on any scenes like that one... without fucking with the persistent variables as I originally intended (because we're good like that).

For that, I appreciate you bringing it to my attention so I can go all mad scientist on it... I'll simply have those locked choices look to see if you are using SanchoGallery and, if so, let you choose it, if not (if you're using OEM gallery) then you must unlock via the traditional method. This can be done. Regards and thank you for the kind words.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 13 Votes