• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py University of Problems [v1.4.5 Extended] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I think you should wait for the extented version. Don't bother to make the works two time.
We can wait , don't worry about that .
I am bud. The last time I did a hybrid it took too long and after one day the extended version dropped making it pointless. This is all prep work as there's a ton I wanted to upgrade so if folks decide to start from scratch they get an even better experience (imho). v0.9.5 Basic is broken anyway due to the previous old scripts with bugs, etc. The code I'm working with is v0.9.0 Extended which was solid enough that I should be able to port over to the next Extended in a reasonable amount of time. If there is a delay by the dev then I'll simply push out an 090E "upgrade".

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It doesn't sound like you're downloading the mod (it's one zip file) but something else (maybe adware or some other link?). I've never heard of Mega throwing any weird shit. What happens when you try the WorkUpload link?
ayylmao232 What's the status on your end?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The upgrades I'm making to the free roams will function with previous saves without a hitch as long as the player uses a save that is at a minimum one scene prior to the start of the free roam. The obvious reason is I'm introducing new code at each start that won't be recognized if you load a previous save that is in the middle of a free roam event. I know this should be a given but wanted to be clear as I continue to populate new features and upgrades to all the code previous to the latest update. It takes a bit of time but the outcome is worth it. As I'm doing it I'm continue to polish the existing GUI and ChoiceGuide to be even more refined and detailed. All these little things will hopefully add up to an overall more professional product to be as transparent and intuitive as possible. That's the goal anyway. Regards.

Reactions: Ozzfest

ayylmao232

Jun 30, 2019
ayylmao232 What's the status on your end?
Oddly enough I think I figured it out not sure why but I removed a chrome addon that might have been causing it. Just weird that it was somehow Injecting or screwing around with the mega download somehow. Sorry bout that I swear I downloaded this before on an older version so I thought it was weird. The addon was from the chrome store to so goes to show you that it can't be trusted. Also thought it was weird that it was happened to no one else lol so my bad didn't mean to accuse you of anything if it came across like that.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Oddly enough I think I figured it out not sure why but I removed a chrome addon that might have been causing it. Just weird that it was somehow Injecting or screwing around with the mega download somehow. Sorry bout that I swear I downloaded this before on an older version so I thought it was weird. The addon was from the chrome store to so goes to show you that it can't be trusted. Also thought it was weird that it was happened to no one else lol so my bad didn't mean to accuse you of anything if it came across like that.
I didn't take it as you accusing me of anything, no worries. But you did the right thing... there are mischievous motherfuckers always trying to hack shit up so it pays to be prudent. Don't ever let your guard down bud. I scan everything multiple times in my personal endeavors and still run across issues from time to time.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
As Fap and I are working diligently in the background, he with compressing and me verifying scripts and trying quickly to verify what percentage of integrity we're dealing with I'm almost done with the final free roam guide update for the previous episodes... sorority. Here's a quick teaser but I really need to get back to it. Again, the MiniStat is darkened and enlarged slightly for clarity of the image:
1654890452605.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Heck, I'm taking a smoke break... Here's me showing off one of the new features of the latest core - menu choice opacity. In the two pics with the opacity lowered I have the mouse hovered on the top choice so you can see that the selection graphic is not effected by this adjustment. This is intended so that even when opacity is at zero (invisible choice buttons) you still know exactly what is hovered on to be selected. I take the liberty of outlining the ChoiceGuide so that whatever you choose I hope you'll be able to read the smaller text as intended. Anyway, I'll be quick about it and get going:

Note: since this adjustment is technically a variable based setup it is retained in the save file and not persistent. In other words if you set it one way then save, then another way and save another when you load the previous save it's adjustments will be reflected not the latest one you performed. Make sense? Good, I ain't gonna change it :ROFLMAO:

whippetmaster

Oct 4, 2018
Wait a hot damn sec... did Dreamnow actually replace the tee-hee and hee-hee with ha-has? Or was some lawful evil dude responsible for the change?? Cuz I don't honestly see him actually doing that change. It's been over 4 years of that shit!!!
Edited: To make a point of this, it's hard to change shit you've done for years. Like our evil modder's penchant for rum+coke. I get that. Don't need to change it if it works for ya. Even after 20 years, a good friend of mine and I still drink each other's favorite drinks. He is a fan of Steel Reserve 211 and at that time, I was drinking Hefelweizen and we tried each other's beers. I just talked to the dude a few weeks ago. I was drinking Steel Reserve 211 and he had a Widmer Hefe with him. After 20 years, habits are hard to change. And I'll still drink some Hefe and he's got some Steel Reserve in his fridge at all times. That's where I'm coming from. :D
Edit 2: Had to change wrong dev's name to the correct dev. Was typing a reply to a thread by another dev at the same time. :oops:

Last edited:

drconfused

Mar 30, 2022
I recall thinking during my first play through that the writer must only communicate with woman through text messages.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm hooked in. Built a update only from FAPmaster369 's update only's (I did it the hard way just so we all know it can be done) using v0.8.5E to v0.9.0E UpOnly to v0.9.5E UpOnly. If I hear someone whine after I release this update that they can't get the mod installed correctly or "it doesn't work" then they walk the plank.
1654910456177.png
Since I modded Update16 without even firing up the VN give me a bit to polish the FreeRoam (you know I got this as this is exactly why I updated the previous free roams I've posted teaser on). I'll keep y'all posted but this shouldn't take eternity to do.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Seems I forgot something in the v090E update noticing only now. I forgot to hook in the damn phone chat/pic data into the mod. I must review all that code from last update and this one to insure I've got it. I already verified up to v085E is in the MiniStat notifications... I'm pretty sure I know why I missed it last go-round: it sucks to do. It's likely the most complicated coding I have to do in the mod...phone msgs. Go figure.

1654913383828.png
Speaking of phone msgs/pic msgs, note in the above where the MiniStat is still visible while the phone is open. This will no longer occur as I'm automatically going to hide it while the phone is open and bring it back when the phone is closed. This will (of course) occur if the player has the MiniStat open already. If you don't then the code won't open it after the phone is close (the MiniStat will stay closed since you didn't have it open prior to opening the phone).

Now, for this to work and you are loading a save made previous to this coming update you will have to cycle the MiniStat Off/On. This will insure all the variables required are set for the automation process to take place. The same is true during FreeRoam... if the MiniStat is open (which I recommend for the FreeRoam Guide) it will auto-close during longer dialogue w/choice after you click a "HotSpot" then auto-open once back in the free roam mode. I know this might sound a bit technical but once you are playing the VN it becomes intuitive... my screen will attempt to get the hell out of the way when not needed and bring itself back to normal after the scenario.

Enough yammering, I'm back to work.

Last edited:

excalibertypo

Apr 10, 2020
Seems I forgot something in the v090E update noticing only now. I forgot to hook in the damn phone chat/pic data into the mod. I must review all that code from last update and this one to insure I've got it. I already verified up to v085E is in the MiniStat notifications... I'm pretty sure I know why I missed it last go-round: it sucks to do. It's likely the most complicated coding I have to do in the mod...phone msgs. Go figure.

Speaking of phone msgs/pic msgs, note in the above where the MiniStat is still visible while the phone is open. This will no longer occur as I'm automatically going to hide it while the phone is open and bring it back when the phone is closed. This will (of course) occur if the player has the MiniStat open already. If you don't then the code won't open it after the phone is close (the MiniStat will stay closed since you didn't have it open prior to opening the phone).

Now, for this to work and you are loading a save made previous to this coming update you will have to cycle the MiniStat Off/On. This will insure all the variables required are set for the automation process to take place. The same is true during FreeRoam... if the MiniStat is open (which I recommend for the FreeRoam Guide) it will auto-close during longer dialogue w/choice after you click a "HotSpot" then auto-open once back in the free roam mode. I know this might sound a bit technical but once you are playing the VN it becomes intuitive... my screen will attempt to get the hell out of the way when not needed and bring itself back to normal after the scenario.

Enough yammering, I'm back to work.
i will like to say thank you for making your mods they make my experience with the game's a lot better and thank you for taking time out of your life to make them public for us all to use.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
i will like to say thank you for making your mods they make my experience with the game's a lot better and thank you for taking time out of your life to make them public for us all to use.
Glad to be of service. I know that these mod updates seem slow but just know I'm putting in massive amounts of hours and it's not me that's slow (I'm actually fast as all get-out), it's the complexity of the mod at this point. There's a ton of content and I expect it to be bulletproof as I know everyone else now expects.

Sidenote: I just finished populating all the damn chat/pic msg code finally. Now I get to the fun part.... getting this update's FreeRoam Guide polished and ready for presentation. We're on the downhill slide now folks. Everything else I've glanced at while speedrunning up to this point is tight...like really tight. It'll be worth the wait imo. Thanks for hanging in there as I try to be as transparent as possible and give a look at "how the sausage is made".

Let me get this thing finished up and knocked out. Regards.

• Red Heart
Reactions: excalibertypo
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes