Mod Ren'Py University of Problems [v1.4.5 Extended] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good evening folks. If you just can't wait for Extended, want to play v0.9.5 Basic and use your saves made previously while using SanchoMod, use the file in the "Uninstall" of the OP so those saves will load inside the unmodded game. Don't forget about this file later if you install a mod update, you'll want to delete it before doing so. I'll start porting v0.9.5 but y'all know by now that Extended is coming soon and I'd rather do the work once. I historically release Extended versions only due to this... but we'll see. Regards. I'll keep you posted as always (and yes, I'll fix that nasty "namebox" bug while I'm at it).

Ozzfest

C.R.E.A.M.
Donor
Feb 20, 2020
Good evening folks. If you just can't wait for Extended, want to play v0.9.5 Basic and use your saves made previously while using SanchoMod, use the file in the "Uninstall" of the OP so those saves will load inside the unmodded game. Don't forget about this file later if you install a mod update, you'll want to delete it before doing so. I'll start porting v0.9.5 but y'all know by now that Extended is coming soon and I'd rather do the work once. I historically release Extended versions only due to this... but we'll see. Regards. I'll keep you posted as always (and yes, I'll fix that nasty "namebox" bug while I'm at it).
I'll just patiently wait for the Extended version of the game. Thank you for all your hard work.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm finding more than the normal amount of oddities in this "Basic" version versus prior "Extended" versions. Conditional logic has taken a step back in the way it's written (all of it) and even menu choice items now have logic that is redundant. This will almost certainly cause some previous saves to not be able to rollback far enough as RenPy goes into "panic mode". This has nothing to do with the mod, even unmodded Basic loading older unmodded saves the case is the same. With so many conditional code changes (again almost all of them redundant and there are hundreds of them in each episode) it's... well I don't even know why someone would do it tbh. This is almost the exact same thing Tess did in her title. It's as if whatever editor/IDE they are using is the same and making changes automatically. Otherwise I simply don't understand why someone would spend so much time changing all conditional logic code and menu choice item logic to completely redundant edits.

Whatever. I'm hoping (literally crossing my fingers) that this phenomenon is only in the Basic code and NOT in the pending Extended code. Let's hope so. I'm prepping the port using the Basic regardless. It will either save a ton of time or waste all my time, we'll see.

Ozzfest

C.R.E.A.M.
Donor
Feb 20, 2020
I'm prepping the port using the Basic regardless. It will either save a ton of time or waste all my time, we'll see.
In this case we really should wait a bit more for the Extended game version before working yourself out for the Basic now.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm finding more than the normal amount of oddities in this "Basic" version versus prior "Extended" versions. Conditional logic has taken a step back in the way it's written (all of it) and even menu choice items now have logic that is redundant. This will almost certainly cause some previous saves to not be able to rollback far enough as RenPy goes into "panic mode". This has nothing to do with the mod, even unmodded Basic loading older unmodded saves the case is the same. With so many conditional code changes (again almost all of them redundant and there are hundreds of them in each episode) it's... well I don't even know why someone would do it tbh. This is almost the exact same thing Tess did in her title. It's as if whatever editor/IDE they are using is the same and making changes automatically. Otherwise I simply don't understand why someone would spend so much time changing all conditional logic code and menu choice item logic to completely redundant edits.

Whatever. I'm hoping (literally crossing my fingers) that this phenomenon is only in the Basic code and NOT in the pending Extended code. Let's hope so. I'm prepping the port using the Basic regardless. It will either save a ton of time or waste all my time, we'll see.
See post here I made in VN's thread. I truly think something is fucked up here. Either the proof reader was hungover or the dev pulled the wrong script files prior to Update15 (game start thru v085 at a minimum).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ok, I know I'm beating a dead horse on this but now I'm even noticing capitalization issues that were not present in 090Extended (e.g. was "Monday" now is "monday"). Damn this is frustrating as I don't have all the time in the world and would have rather spent it updating the "freeroam" events to my latest Core abilities and doing something special for Update16 (095). This is all setting me back as I'm almost certain that everything I'm doing now will have to be completely redone once 095Extended drops (unless it's completely fucked up too). All these hours could have been spent coding new features and polishing prior events to such a proper degree. Ugh. Sorry to vent but I don't see things this messy that often tbh. And it's a mess.

SwieSora

Aug 26, 2018
I have some kind of a problem here the mod works but i get some errors while playing and before some patches i didnt get them. Hope someone can help me

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I have some kind of a problem here the mod works but i get some errors while playing and before some patches i didnt get them. Hope someone can help me
You put this mod (v0.9.0 Extended) and installed it into the VN (v0.9.5 Basic). See the problem? You can't do that. The mod is for v0.9.0 Extended... not v0.9.5 Basic.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It won't let me complete the download from mega without this showing up and windows automatically quarantining it.

Backdoor:Win32/Bladabindi!ml
It doesn't sound like you're downloading the mod (it's one zip file) but something else (maybe adware or some other link?). I've never heard of Mega throwing any weird shit. What happens when you try the WorkUpload link?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm taking the time now (hopefully I don't run out of it) to rewrite the MiniStat's phone task code and more importantly the free roam code. I'll be basing it off my recent "AOA Academy" mod which incorporates the new dynamic FreeRoam Guide. This guide info is only displayed during a free roam event otherwise it's not even visible (like in the 1st teaser pic below).

Ultimately this guide not only changes dynamically but also incorporates a "hotspot" info (bottom of free roam guide) that changes according to what you have the mouse hover on (like an direction arrow, a door, a character, etc) and let you know what it does or going to do. This guide also always lets you know WTF you are via "Current Location" so to keep free roams a bit less mysterious. Obviously if you don't want to see this info simply close the MiniStat screen and you won't be bothered. Otherwise it's kinda badass if I must toot my own horn. Here's a couple rough teasers of initial code, I'll keep coding the free roams and cleanup the screen as I go.

The MiniStat is darkened and slightly enlarged for more clarity:
UOP SM D02a1.jpg UOP SM D02a2.jpg

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm taking the time now (hopefully I don't run out of it) to rewrite the MiniStat's phone task code and more importantly the free roam code. I'll be basing it off my recent "AOA Academy" mod which incorporates the new dynamic FreeRoam Guide. This guide info is only displayed during a free roam event otherwise it's not even visible (like in the 1st teaser pic below).

Ultimately this guide not only changes dynamically but also incorporates a "hotspot" info (bottom of free roam guide) that changes according to what you have the mouse hover on (like an direction arrow, a door, a character, etc) and let you know what it does or going to do. This guide also always lets you know WTF you are via "Current Location" so to keep free roams a bit less mysterious. Obviously if you don't want to see this info simply close the MiniStat screen and you won't be bothered. Otherwise it's kinda badass if I must toot my own horn. Here's a couple rough teasers of initial code, I'll keep coding the free roams and cleanup the screen as I go.

The MiniStat is darkened and slightly enlarged for more clarity:
Current FreeRoam Guide teaser example (I've completed both Campus free roams and will redo the Sorority tomorrow) with improvements compared to the above post. Similar to what I did in the AOA mod it gives current location, main task, optional tasks, and additional info when you hover over an object (HotSpot).

Again note that the MiniStat is darkened and slightly enlarged for clarity of the teaser. In this example the mouse is hovered over Sara's door arrow (notice the HotSpot info at bottom of the FreeRoam guide column). All the data/info is updated and changes in real time just like you would expect from SanchoMod of course.
1654843447450.png

5.00 star(s) 13 Votes