Mod Ren'Py University of Problems [v1.4.5 Extended] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Absolutely love the mod, just have a quick question. During my playthrough, I chose the rough deepthroat option for Roxy's blowjob during the lecture. But for some reason, that scene is showing as locked in the in-game gallery. It works in the Sancho Gallery but there the rough deepthroat option is greyed out. Is this normal?
Good morning. While porting to the newest SanchoMod core v6a, a proper solution has been applied and will be available very soon. I made it so all options are available for all scenes when viewing from SanchoGallery but remain as intended by dev in the proper gallery (in other words what's locked in the normal gallery stays locked until unlocked via standard playthrough, thus keeping "achievements" as they should be). I'll be uploading the public distribution of the newest port soon (which has other additional features as well). Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Links & FAQ in OP are updated for the latest port to SanchoMod v6a.

Go get you some.

Sera Zios

Nov 26, 2017
Thanks as always for your mods but I'm having problems with this one. Trying to open any replay (from the original gallery as well as the SanchoGallery) throws me the following error:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod UoP v090.rpy", line 697, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod UoP v090.rpy", line 700, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod UoP v090.rpy", line 709, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod UoP v090.rpy", line 710, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod UoP v090.rpy", line 710, in keywords
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod UoP v090.rpy", line 717, in keywords
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod UoP v090.rpy", line 718, in <module>
Exception: An empty string cannot be used as a displayable.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/update8.rpyc", line 3669, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 715, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1393, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1205, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 871, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 582, in display_say
    what_text = renpy.display.screen.get_widget(what_text[0], what_text[1], what_text[2])
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 1304, in get_widget
    screen.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 631, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "renpy/display/imagelike.py", line 200, in __init__
    self.image = renpy.easy.displayable(image)
  File "renpy/easy.py", line 111, in displayable
    raise Exception("An empty string cannot be used as a displayable.")

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
University of Problems 0.9.0-(Extended)
Sun May  1 18:58:24 2022
When I remove the mod files, the game's gallery works again. I tried downloading the files again (both game and mod), extracted into a new directory but same error every time. :censored:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks as always for your mods but I'm having problems with this one. Trying to open any replay (from the original gallery as well as the SanchoGallery) throws me the following error:

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
    **display_args)
    what_text = renpy.display.screen.get_widget(what_text[0], what_text[1], what_text[2])
    screen.update()

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
When I remove the mod files, the game's gallery works again. I tried downloading the files again (both game and mod), extracted into a new directory but same error every time. :censored:
Good afternoon. I'm currently not able to reproduce the error at all but do me a favor while I dig into it. Please install a new/clean copy of the VN (just use your originally DL'd game zip/rar and extract it to a differently named folder). Then install SanchoMod and retest. I just did that exact same thing on 3 machines here, 2 of which are free of any previous RenPy/Python games at all (my test machines are cleaned after each integrity test) and I'm not having a problem with either the mod's gallery nor the OEM. TBH the OEM gallery is base code, I did not modify any of those scripts at all.

Edit: Nevermind, re-reading your post you said you did that. Standby... first time this has been ever reported at all and the traceback isn't giving much detail. See post below please.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
    **display_args)
    screen.update()

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
" Exception: An empty string cannot be used as a displayable. "
This seems to be coming from a graphic file checker I have for specifically namebox.png which is certainly not an empty string. The code could make an empty string IF the file didn't exist which makes me wonder about your installation. If you're up for it try this:

DL and extract the attached "namebox.png" and put it in the directory (make the directory structure if needed) as:
(name of your game's directory)/game/gui
inside that "gui" directory/folder place the file attached insuring it's named EXACTLY namebox.png

Test again, first by starting a new game or loading a save, then backing out to the Main Menu, then select either gallery and test. Let me know. Regards.

Sera Zios

Nov 26, 2017
This seems to be coming from a graphic file checker I have for specifically namebox.png which is certainly not an empty string. The code could make an empty string IF the file didn't exist which makes me wonder about your installation. If you're up for it try this:

DL and extract the attached "namebox.png" and put it in the directory (make the directory structure if needed) as:
inside that "gui" directory/folder place the file attached insuring it's named EXACTLY namebox.png

Test again, first by starting a new game or loading a save, then backing out to the Main Menu, then select either gallery and test. Let me know. Regards.
Thanks for the quick reply and file. It works now (even without starting a new game or loading a save). :D

Reactions: Sancho1969

Burgh917

Dec 20, 2019

Just a heads up for you, i had the same problem but the fix worked. thanks :)

Reactions: JasonJemodah

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good afternoon. I'll rewrite the code to check more deeply than it does currently as there's a difference issue with the compressed vs full DL. For folks having this issue simply DL the image file and follow the instructions found here for quick resolution. My apologies but I'm currently at my cabin studio and don't have proper signal/bandwidth to DL non-compressed files to test so that's on me. Regards.

y0rthan

Apr 4, 2021
[Comment redacted; I'm going to reinstall the game and see if that helps. Excellent mod, btw.]

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
[Comment redacted; I'm going to reinstall the game and see if that helps. Excellent mod, btw.]
Good afternoon. I never saw the original issue post. Let me know if you need assistance. Regards.

y0rthan

Apr 4, 2021
Good afternoon. I never saw the original issue post. Let me know if you need assistance. Regards.
Thanks -- it turned out to be a problem with the original game script itself, not your mod. I would tell the creator but the game's on hold for now anyway. I just made it to the end using your mod, and I just wanted to say that I appreciate all the features you've included, especially the notices when there are new PVU pics to respond to (though I noticed those started to matter less and less in the last third of the current game.) It was also nice to see where I stood with the non-primary women (Nikki, Kim, Sasha). I look forward to seeing your mods for other titles!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks -- it turned out to be a problem with the original game script itself, not your mod. I would tell the creator but the game's on hold for now anyway. I just made it to the end using your mod, and I just wanted to say that I appreciate all the features you've included, especially the notices when there are new PVU pics to respond to (though I noticed those started to matter less and less in the last third of the current game.) It was also nice to see where I stood with the non-primary women (Nikki, Kim, Sasha). I look forward to seeing your mods for other titles!
I appreciate the kind words, sincerely. Note that you can always review the link in my sig where I list my publicly released mods, currently around 20 or so of some of the most complicated/largest VN's on the site. I'm currently very selectively adding others since will soon be to the point where keeping them all updated to the professional degree I personally expect becomes more challenging. I am working with a few developers of currently unreleased mods that I need to finalize soon as well. Stay tuned for additional info, be well, and best to you and yours. Regards.

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Hey guys just out of curiosity, I know the Dev mentioned some kind of harem 'ending' is possible, just wanted to know since its been a while since I last played, if there are any negative consequences from dating Carol, Rachel, Sara and Roxy? The others seem more like side girls/friends with benefits...I like Yuki too, but not her obsession with Carol. I don't get how more greedy the MC is trying to push Yuki to chase after Carol...I feel like this idiot is actively trying to NTR himself just for the chance to make a threesome happen.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey guys just out of curiosity, I know the Dev mentioned some kind of harem 'ending' is possible, just wanted to know since its been a while since I last played, if there are any negative consequences from dating Carol, Rachel, Sara and Roxy? The others seem more like side girls/friends with benefits...I like Yuki too, but not her obsession with Carol. I don't get how more greedy the MC is trying to push Yuki to chase after Carol...I feel like this idiot is actively trying to NTR himself just for the chance to make a threesome happen.
Poses a great debate all of which there's currently no way to tell for certain, only guesses imho. I don't see Sara or Rachel being down for a "harem". Roxy might not mind but it's obvious the dev is implementing that her true colors are a more fragile LI that what might be initially perceived. Tough question but there's little doubt about one thing: there will certainly be folks that end up getting all whiny and pissy 'cause their LI isn't included in the dev's combo-LI gameplan :ROFLMAO:

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Poses a great debate all of which there's currently no way to tell for certain, only guesses imho. I don't see Sara or Rachel being down for a "harem". Roxy might not mind but it's obvious the dev is implementing that her true colors are a more fragile LI that what might be initially perceived. Tough question but there's little doubt about one thing: there will certainly be folks that end up getting all whiny and pissy 'cause their LI isn't included in the dev's combo-LI gameplan :ROFLMAO:
No worries, I actually meant to post this in the game forum and forgot I was in the mod forum, lol, my bad. ;)

5.00 star(s) 13 Votes