Mod Ren'Py University of Problems [v1.4.5 Extended] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 13 Votes

omgwtf234

May 8, 2020
Ahh... without replying then. I see. Please edit your post and put the screenshots in spoilers, thumbnails, or delete them, it's a huge-ass post :ROFLMAO: Let me see what I can do if you close the phone without replying to the msg. (you should reply to your messages bud, I never thought someone wouldn't :p)
Happens even with replying too:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: Adding the PVU Pic example too

Before:

Go to PVU pic comments and comment:

Click off the phone:

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Happens even with replying too:

Well then, this is very odd. I can't replicate that at all on my main dev system nor on the four bench testing units I have. It works perfect whenever I close the phone via clicking on screen other than phone or the phone's back button while in chat msgs or pvu pic msgs. We have to figure out why yours is different. You didn't unren anything did you? My scripts override the devs in the mod so you can't willy-nilly fuck around with the files.

omgwtf234

May 8, 2020
Well then, this is very odd. I can't replicate that at all on my main dev system nor on the four bench testing units I have. It works perfect whenever I close the phone via clicking on screen other than phone or the phone's back button while in chat msgs or pvu pic msgs. We have to figure out why yours is different. You didn't unren anything did you? My scripts override the devs in the mod so you can't willy-nilly fuck around with the files.
Nope, this is fresh install of game and fresh installation of your mod, directly from the archives.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Nope, this is fresh install of game and fresh installation of your mod, directly from the archives.
This is me (pics are sequential), with pvu pic msgs, clicking on phone, not replying to any of them, and click off the phone screen (same occurs when I click the phone's back button):

There's a ghost in the machine? WTF? I can't replicate your issue at all bud.

omgwtf234

May 8, 2020
This is me (pics are sequential), with pvu pic msgs, clicking on phone, not replying to any of them, and click off the phone screen (same occurs when I click the phone's back button):
Go into the actual comments of the pics and from there is where it doesn't recover. I can recover fine from the same page you have in your second pic, but when you're "3 layers deep" AKA phone>PVU>comments or phone>texts>individual conversation, is where the issue happens.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Go into the actual comments of the pics and from there is where it doesn't recover. I can recover fine from the same page you have in your second pic, but when you're "3 layers deep" AKA phone>PVU>comments or phone>texts>individual conversation, is where the issue happens.
Gotcha. Give me a bit to look into it.

Reactions: omgwtf234

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, fuck my life. There's a shit ton of 'em. The dev, instead of making one or two functions to resolve the phone decided to do so in each and every single message... all of them. I'll have to code every single one separately. What a mess. This will take some time, patience, and concentration. No mediocre task and will have to be constantly updated in the future. I might as well rewrite his phone code for him and do it proper. I'll grab another whiskey and debate my options.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention. First I despised having to code the phone chat in this VN, now it's grown to a beast of misery. :ROFLMAO:

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Sancho1969

Previous saves don't load. Just black screens, no crash, no error.

Edit:
Clicking start only freezes the game. Again, no crash, no error.
I narrowed my problem down to it being the mod. Fresh install of UoP, no mod, no issue. Fresh install + mod issue. No shenanigans with the files either.

Decompiling the rpa files(Shenanigans) results in the same as above.

Edit:
Same results in Windows and Linux.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969

I narrowed my problem down to it being the mod. Fresh install of UoP, no mod, no issue. Fresh install + mod issue. No shenanigans with the files either.

Decompiling the rpa files(Shenanigans) results in the same as above.

Edit:
Same results in Windows and Linux.
Check your PMs my brother, you had a winrar/7zip issue last UoP update if I recall correctly.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
So do I not use unren then as usual? Why is this vn a special case?
Let's just say doing any other shenanigans other than SanchoMod's installation instructions and you're on your own... no whining to me, no crying, no bitching. I know you won't but I'm saying it for the hundreds of others that do every single fucking day. If a dude wants to play hacker extraordinaire then they can code their own mod... leave me the fuck out of it. :ROFLMAO:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I just use unren to extract rpa files so it does not leave a lot of space on my drive of the same shit. I don't use unren like everyone else.
Gonna be honest... RPA is just an archive of all the files so it's not a space saving thing (it's not compressed like a zip, rar, etc). Just throwing that out there so you know. It can be basically thought of as a de-compiling (even though it's a build and not a compile but let's not split hairs). Just some info in case it ever matters. Regards bud.

jasad

Dec 14, 2021
View attachment 1612403

Overview:
In-game mod for University Of Problems
Multi-mod adds support for save descriptions, choice guide, custom stat screens, custom scene gallery, custom settings, custom fonts and more.

As always if you like the game please show your support for the Developer whose respective links are found below.

*** SanchoMod Core v6a ***
Massive overhaul of core mod with 1,000's of cumulative hours in development
It is highly recommended you run via your secondary graphics processor (not your integrated), instructions below.

Updated: 12-29-2022
Game/Creator: University Of Problems / DreamNow /
Modder: Sancho1969 F95
Mod Version: v1.1.0 (Extended)
Game Version: v1.1.0 Extended
Language: English

Features:
  • Improved aesthetics with animated mod menus/screens, all fully customizable to tailor your personal experience.
  • Too many story branches got you down 'cause you can't remember which of your saves is which? I gotcha covered. Includes the Original SanchoMod save description feature. Often imitated (including the use of my GUI buttons) the SanchoSave is more intelligent and efficient, saving you keystrokes as it autoloads the save slot descriptions and it also allows you to completely escape the process of saving if you wish (I've personally not seen this feature with other imitations). Feature can be toggled on/off anytime as desired.
  • Adds multiple exhaustive stats screens always accessible via the MiniMenu or Options menu. Resizable, toggle-enabled, various formats, and more.
  • Adds in-game walkthrough (ChoiceGuide) noting all variable changes and highlighting important choices. Can be toggled on/off at anytime, play as YOU want to play. You are not forced to view spoilers if you do not wish.
  • Multiple opacity and text sizing options to customize your experience including dialogue boxes, text and fonts, QuickMenu sizing and format versions, and more. All can be toggled on/off as desired, again allowing you even more control to tailor your experience.
  • Adds a custom fully unlocked scene gallery (SanchoGallery) that runs completely independent.
  • Adds professionally coded custom cheats (SanchoCheats) if applicable (varies from port to port). New Feature: Now includes the soon to be infamous "Tee-Hee" toggle button.
  • Adds the ability to view multiple scenes (SanchoSplits) if menu choice has a scene/route split.
  • Guide for Phone Tasks, Phone Chat, FreeRoam and more. Featuring the debut of the all new dynamic FreeRoamGuide.
  • Too many new features to list.

Installation:
SaveFixer:
(Using SanchoModded saves in an unmodded game)
Change-Log:

Current revision: 12/29/2022 18:20 CST
Download: -
The only mobile port I personally endorsed (by estrada777) can be found here (v0.9.5e).

SanchoMod GUI/Features
View attachment 1865085 View attachment 1865086 View attachment 1865087 View attachment 1865087 View attachment 1865088
View attachment 1865089 View attachment 1865090 View attachment 1865091 View attachment 1865092 View attachment 1865093
Dynamic ChoiceGuide/SanchoSplits/SanchoReChoice
View attachment 1612581 View attachment 1612580 View attachment 1612512 View attachment 1612515 View attachment 1612511
Dynamic FreeRoam & Other New Features
View attachment 1865105 View attachment 1865106 View attachment 1865107 View attachment 1865108 View attachment 1865109
Mobile JoiPlay Friendly (non-tech supported feature) Coming again soon
View attachment 1865115 View attachment 1865113

(Screenshot below explains the SanchoMod interface/features)
View attachment 1612470
If you enjoy my mods and guides, please consider smashing the "(y)like" to give me support. You won't see links or advertisements in any of my mods, all I ask is for your gratitude if you enjoy my work. Feel free to follow my profile where I post new mods, updates, and status of works-in-progress. If you find this particular mod beneficial and/or enjoyable, consider leaving a proper review and a "vote" so others might benefit from your personal experience. My personal thanks (as always) to the hardworking devs, compressors, and admins. Kindest regards and be well.
thx alot for the mod update Sancho~^_^

Reactions: Sancho1969

mob2010

Nov 9, 2022
Hi, Does the screenshot (char S on keyboard) not work anymore with this MOD version? I've testes it in default 1.1.0 Extended version and works fine, but with MOD installed, pressing S does nothing.

5.00 star(s) 13 Votes