4.20 star(s) 125 Votes

Guvato

Jan 4, 2018
Hmm, mother is a vampire, daughter is a werewolf? (therewolf!) Must be from the Munster family. For some reason, a Frankensteins Monster, and a vampire can result in a little wolfboy.

Now, which one will the MC let bite him?

And to further confuse the issue, if a vampire bites someone, they become a vampire. If a werewolf bites someone they become a werewolf. What happens if a werewolf and vampire bite each other? What happens if BOTH bite the MC?

• Haha
Reactions: Walter Victor

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Hmm, mother is a vampire, daughter is a werewolf? (therewolf!) Must be from the Munster family. For some reason, a Frankensteins Monster, and a vampire can result in a little wolfboy.

And to further confuse the issue, if a vampire bites someone, they become a vampire. If a werewolf bites someone they become a werewolf. What happens if a werewolf and vampire bite each other? What happens if BOTH bite the MC?
Something makes me think that we actually might find out. o_O

Grohal

Jul 27, 2019

Hello, Patrons!
I have made very good progress with the edit, which required a little more editing of other scenes than I expected. There is only a little more rendering to do, along with an animation.
There is still some significant post-processing work to do but I expect that to go relatively quickly.
I am pretty damn happy with what is now about to come out soon™. The new stuff strikes what I think will be a good balance of wtf-ness, some cringe, some comedy, maybe a little heartwarming undertone, and sexiness.
I guarantee as much as you guys want the update I want to get it to you more. Unfortunately all I can tell you is soon™!
Love you

-CarbonBlue

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
I'm hoping that the discussion about cryptozoology ends here, as it would lead nowhere sane.
[cut]
No, we must talk about it: he world need to know the truth! Then we can start to talk about the other great unsolved question of the humanity: the sex of the angels.

I think the M.C. is like of "The Monster Kid/Kaibutsu-kun": he seems a normal human, but actually he is the firstborn of the Monsters Realm's King.

P.S. "Therecastle!"

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Penfold Mole

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
So if Wolfman can have nads, it should stand to reason that a wolfwoman can have boobs.

:ROFLMAO:
You think it has to be a wolfman to have nads and normal wolves don't have nads? They're canine, not birds or reptiles.

Just to be a dick about it I would like to remind @Penfold Mole that Wolfman exists in the typical hollywood cannon as well.
Did you read what I wrote about Hollywood werewolves? Why do you think they created the Wolfman? A human, a primate with some wolf-like parts? Because there exists an original myth about such a creature from the middle ages* or because it was easier to create such a creature back in 1941 when CGI didn't exist and they basically had no choice if they wanted to make a movie about a werewolf? All the remakes are just remakes of the original, made to look the same because the original looked like this.
Pre-CGI movie making limitations originally created this kind of creatures and several generations of movie watchers later are now expecting them to "exist". They became "canon" like orcs did. Orcs were invented by J. R. R. Tolkien, they didn't exist before The Hobbit was published. Now they're everywhere.

Last edited:

Jaun Karr

Mar 2, 2019
The second one is that if you prefer the Hollywood design, then there is no such thing. Every monster-creating artist has had his/her own concept that largely follows that half-human half-wolf idea, but details are very different. There is no logic about which parts are from human and which ones are not. Mostly it has been defined by the budget and the level of technology. Before the tech allowed to create 100% CGI monsters, the looks of werewolves was limited by the budget for creating a werewolf costume and a mask to make a human actor look as something "scary with fangs". Obviously it's totally impossible to make a human look like a canine by giving him a costume and a mask, however sophisticated and expensive it would be. And this is where the non-wolf looking monstrous werewolf design is coming from.
At least some of the werewolf movies have been using real wolves or wolf-kind of dogs as werewolves and some newer ones have used CGI wolves (real-wolf-looking werewolves). I like that idea and concept the most. A human becomes a wolf. Completely, not partially.
I quite liked the practical effects costumes that were used for the "Lycan" in the first two Underworld films, aside from the lack of hair anyway...

GreenGobbo

Oct 18, 2018
Depends on the author and source.
Tales of vampires/vampire like beings can be found in almost every civilization going nearly as far back as the creation of writing.
Modern day interpretations are most of the Bram Stoker/Count Dracula variety, but even then there some variety.

Werewolves and other humans that turn into beast kind of monsters date back even further with some even showing up in Neolithic cave paintings long before writing was a thing.

That said, I'm not aware of any tales or myths about vampires and werewolves fighting that date back any further than when Hollywood started using them as movie fodder.

In movies and tv though, there's been times when a bite from to the other causes no more damage than being bitten by a normal being would cause, the bites having some extra lethality to them becoming extremely fatal to the one getting bit, and in a couple rare instances it seemed to show the bites of werewolves and vampires turning the one bitten into a kind of hybrid monster.

Sooo..... take your choice? Maybe a whole lot, maybe not much at all. Seems entirely dependent on the author at this point.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes @destroll you're completely right, how could I have possibly argued with your 100% ironclad logic?
Thank you. Glad you agree. :ROFLMAO:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a slightly more srsbsns note:

So far we've got a vampiress for Olivia and Maeve is wolfing out on us... If we're going into monster territory it seems to be on track for utilizing the usual suspects of pop culture monsters so far. If it remains that way, it would only leave us a few options left to pull from amongst the other popular/traditional spooky beings. Yeah, yeah there's toooooons of monsters out there, but the really traditional stuff left that's super popular even to this day are Ghosts, Mummys, Witches, Skeletons, and Frankenstien's Monster.

Of them, I'm kinda guessing Shannon would make for a good witch. Between her personality and study habits I'm having trouble seeing her as any other kind of halloween monster unless she ends up as a vamp like her mother. Guessing those two primarily because traditional stereotypes of witches generally involve a lot of studying, and vampires are usually portrayed as being highly intelligent.

Angel would make for a good ghost or mummy.
Don't really have much to base it on. Just a wild guess/shot in the dark here.

I'm curious though, the game is already heading in some slightly unusual directions.
What do you all think are the odds that anyone (main cast) actually is some kind of monster/magical being?
Or do you folks think it's just some fun pinups or maybe costumes for an in game halloween event?
Also, thought I'd heard at some point recently that the next update was suuuper close to done?
Anyone willing to hazard a guess on how long it'll be before the dev releases it (either here or on their patreon)?

Last edited:

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Depends on the author and source.
Tales of vampires/vampire like beings can be found in almost every civilization going nearly as far back as the creation of writing.
Modern day interpretations are most of the Bram Stoker/Count Dracula variety, but even then there some variety.

Werewolves and other humans that turn into beast kind of monsters date back even further with some even showing up in Neolithic cave paintings long before writing was a thing.

That said, I'm not aware of any tales or myths about vampires and werewolves fighting that date back any further than when Hollywood started using them as movie fodder.

In movies and tv though, there's been times when a bite from to the other causes no more damage than being bitten by a normal being would cause, the bites having some extra lethality to them becoming extremely fatal to the one getting bit, and in a couple rare instances it seemed to show the bites of werewolves and vampires turning the one bitten into a kind of hybrid monster.

Sooo..... take your choice? Maybe a whole lot, maybe not much at all. Seems entirely dependent on the author at this point.
Did you ... just make up a quote and attribute it to me just so you could argue against it? That's flippin' weird, my dude.

GreenGobbo

Oct 18, 2018
Did you ... just make up a quote and attribute it to me just so you could argue against it? That's flippin' weird, my dude.
Sorry about that was I quoting that other person's post Juan Karr mentioned, but when removing the other stuff they had in their own post I messed up somewhere along the way and got the names mixed up.
>.<

Reactions: gregers

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Sorry about that was I quoting that other person's post Juan Karr mentioned, but when removing the other stuff they had in their own post I messed up somewhere along the way and got the names mixed up.
>.<
No worries.

Gavote

Jun 3, 2017

If you really want to know....

Raboobie

Oct 6, 2020
I've never seen* a user go on so much about the process and how little work is involved, yet never make any useful contributions themselves as you.

[*] This is unfortunately a lie, I have seen plenty users do this.
I've never said a word about it being a little bit of work, unless I'm misunderstanding what you saying. Possible.

maybe some people don't understand how some Dev's are extremely busy it makes things hard for the Dev. to work on they're own games ... just a thought i would offer ;)
Dev's being busy with other stuff like jobs, family etc is all good. No issues, I 1000% respect that balance.

My issue with CB and my apparent "hate" which is not real, is that when an update does come out it it's short, yet the fans go on like it's a golden nugget from heaven and will tolerate no ill spoken of it. But mainly it's his attitute about it, never (that I've seen, and yes I haven't read every single post by the dev, so I could miss it) has it been I've been busy, yeah it's short but it's good, but rather it's always been snark, arrogance and bluster. Like that his renders are super high quality with lots of hidden stuff etc.

Just own it, show a little humility from time to time. But I guess it's his attitude many that is just one of the many things people like about the game, for me it diminishes the game.

Anyway I'm done with. I do really with CB the best of luck with the game.

kerriwm25

Mar 19, 2020
What do you all think are the odds that anyone (main cast) actually is some kind of monster/magical being?
Shannon's the witch.
Maeve is the werewolf
Angel is the vampire (remember the poster over her bed?)
Olivia kind of strikes me as a succubus.
Ethan is the virgin sacrifice.
That subway girl is the nosy neighbour that goes poking around and comes to a bad end.

4.20 star(s) 125 Votes