4.20 star(s) 125 Votes

NyVar

May 23, 2020
@carbonbluea new project?! Isnt 50 renders on this game a year a better priority to increase that number? I sure am canceling my sub

• Angry
Reactions: Vasy and J.R.

bilbado

Jun 5, 2021
I appreciate your post, but no. Writing 101 is to entertain your audience. Obviously I failed to do that with you. I did succeed with others. But this is creative writing, not objective-based writing. I'm not writing in order to get to a point, I'm writing to present a journey. And I should warn you, there are going to be future updates where I take the scenic route in order to get to a point.
I would say our definitions of Writing 101 are semantic. Audiences are entertained by focusing on the points of interest. I'm not talking about skipping the journey to reach the destination, I'm talking about curating screen time by importance. This update to me felt watered down, and I guess my suggestion was meant to concentrate what I feel plays to your strengths.

When you talk about taking the scenic route I'm on board with you. I don't like games that jump to the point especially when it doesn't make any sense. But I do think there is something to say for a balance. I also don't like games that when they get to a point it's blink and you'll miss it. The scenic route is meant to make the journey to the destination enjoyable but there is still some emphasis on the destination. Up to this point Unleashed felt like it was taking the scenic route. This update feels more like we took the long way but it's not very scenic and because we are going the long way I won't really have time to enjoy the destination either. Maybe Unleashed is just not my thing and I can respect that.

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my post. I do think that the highest goal of writing is to please the author. With all this talk of curating by importance your personal goals for this project are certainly more important than mine, or any fan's. All things considered if this is how this update is supposed to be in order to satisfy your creativity then I'm happy for you. Now it seems I'm more curious in why this situation is "exactly what you wanted" than I am in the future of Unleashed lol.

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I am very happy to finally announce that I am working on a new Visual Novel alongside Unleashed! 00 Long Johnson - pronounced double-oh Long Johnson.
Walking down the street, you might not give Ethan a second look. Abnormally handsome, sure, but he's just another guy. Unbeknownst to the world is his hidden life; that of Special Secret Agent 00 Long Johnson.
A license to kill? When the galaxy is at threat, he needs no permission. He's a loose cannon who doesn't play by the rules, with a penchant for charming the oh-so-fine ladies.
Intrigue. Suspense. Murder. Espionage. Ninja Fairy Succubi. You'll encounter it all in this exciting new Visual Novel, coming soon!

:D

Mrsubtle

May 8, 2018
I would say our definitions of Writing 101 are semantic. Audiences are entertained by focusing on the points of interest. I'm not talking about skipping the journey to reach the destination, I'm talking about curating screen time by importance. This update to me felt watered down, and I guess my suggestion was meant to concentrate what I feel plays to your strengths.

When you talk about taking the scenic route I'm on board with you. I don't like games that jump to the point especially when it doesn't make any sense. But I do think there is something to say for a balance. I also don't like games that when they get to a point it's blink and you'll miss it. The scenic route is meant to make the journey to the destination enjoyable but there is still some emphasis on the destination. Up to this point Unleashed felt like it was taking the scenic route. This update feels more like we took the long way but it's not very scenic and because we are going the long way I won't really have time to enjoy the destination either. Maybe Unleashed is just not my thing and I can respect that.

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my post. I do think that the highest goal of writing is to please the author. With all this talk of curating by importance your personal goals for this project are certainly more important than mine, or any fan's. All things considered if this is how this update is supposed to be in order to satisfy your creativity then I'm happy for you. Now it seems I'm more curious in why this situation is "exactly what you wanted" than I am in the future of Unleashed lol.
Not sure this is entirely true, On another medium community I follow some novels that have weekly or bi weekly releases. And lots of people that recently discovered this or these Novels. They really get into the story and catch up with in weeks. when suddenly 300 chapters in you have to wait every week or any other week for a new chapter release. It sadly becomes a drip feed.
Sure you could argue that the author/creator should get a deal with a publisher and such. But perhaps not every review qualification checks or has an impact there and they could get declined.

In a way games like these kinda suffer from a similar effect but the dev cycle can be rather long and every new content update may or may not be always full filling, even if its build up or transitional for the story to continue to the next Arc.
This is an unfortunate side effect for projects like these especially for Creators that can't make living through Patreon or any other sub based system for Content Creators.

And every story that offers a Journey from A to Z will have highs and lows, you can't get around that, Even Stephen king novels have some downtime in the stories sometimes. Maintaining a high standard is impossible and can cause burnout.
I bet if CB had enough time to work full time on it he probably would (Within reason)

But as often people are to hungry for content and are usually detached from how much effort and time producing a something can be.
Heck even Triple A games are a great example for that.

Gamers have no patience and keep fucking themselves over due to it, then complain and bitch about it. And big publishers keep getting away with it.

Sometimes I see people say that Adult games based on Ren'py or Unity or what ever Novel form they have is a saturated market already I sorta disagree, seeing lots of creators all kinda create the same Premise with the same themes over and over again. Oddly enough there isn't much variety, unless you really look for it.
And even then its more like outliers than really be being diverse seeing how rare it is.
Now I don't really complain about seeing the same premise over and over again, but it does get boring quickly sure its a great writing exercise to to execute a simple and or predictable plot/premise. But to stand out you have to get creative in presentation.

And I do think this game stands out in that regard.

It is just unfortunate that the most interesting games that haven't been abandoned yet are oddly enough also have slow dev cycles. And as long as Shannon or Angel don't get a whip they can't make CB work harder.
Or he at best or at worst should hire help for increase in workflow/production, But I reckon that is costly and can back fire if it doesn't gain momentum on Patreon and such. Plus this may or may not affect how the story is now setup or not.

And games like these usually also lack promotion and exposure. Seeing some of these titles have ridiculous monthly sums per month yet very toxic following and equally as slow of a dev cycle at times if not worse.
But there are probably other factors at play seeing the devoted loyalty some games have and don't like to try other games. I could be terribly wrong here but who knows.

I do think adult novel games will eventually break through closer to mainstream audience and sorta replace the typical dirty novel market. Or at least come close to rivaling it.

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
When you talk about taking the scenic route I'm on board with you. I don't like games that jump to the point especially when it doesn't make any sense. But I do think there is something to say for a balance. I also don't like games that when they get to a point it's blink and you'll miss it. The scenic route is meant to make the journey to the destination enjoyable but there is still some emphasis on the destination. Up to this point Unleashed felt like it was taking the scenic route. This update feels more like we took the long way but it's not very scenic and because we are going the long way I won't really have time to enjoy the destination either.
I couldn't agree with you more. This update fell flat on its face for me. A humorous update that wasn't humorous at all is a Hell of a thing to play though, especially after ten months. Had this been a bit of a joke update that came out just a couple months after the last one then that'd be one thing, but after nearly a whole year I was hoping for more substance than the two perfect mounds on Shannon's chest . I can't even imagine what I would feel like right now if I was a Maeve or Olivia fan.

Maybe Unleashed is just not my thing and I can respect that.
If you've enjoyed it so far, stick with it. It might just be CarbonBlue's humor you're not a fan of, rather than his entire game.

Jaango

Aug 15, 2021
maeve_comparison.png

Hello Patrons and Public alike!

Hope you have all enjoyed 0.5v3, and I hope you are looking forward to moving on to whole numbers again with 0.6!

First, just to make sure, since some people were actually fooled - yes, 00 Long Johnson is an April Fool's joke. I have enough of a difficult time working on Unleashed; there's no way I could work on two VNs at the same time. Though I do have to admit I would love to do that VN. Funny thing, that render with Ethan, Maeve, Angel, a warbot, a tyrannosaurus rex, Ethan's car, and a space jet might have been the biggest render I've done. There were several gigabytes worth of assets in that render.

Now for an actual announcement! I am very excited about this.

Up until now Unleashed has used Genesis 3 figures in Daz 3D. From this point forward the girls have received an upgrade and are now Genesis 8! There are few finer people in this world than a guy named wibble, who has been a wonderful friend and my Discord administrator for... quite a while now. wibble is an asset developer and has been kind enough to convert the ladies and the MC over to the new generation. The most important part of this change is we are now using what's called PBR skin.

If you click on this render of the Maeve comparison, both rendered in 4k resolution, you can really see the difference. Ignore the lips as I believe I used a different lipstick there. But the skin is richer in tone and the detail is astonishing. You can see this in full effect in the last full-body render of Maeve that I posted.

Moving to Genesis 8 means I will also be able to take advantage of the asset market and purchase an ever-expanding closet of new clothes. Most asset makers are focusing on Genesis 8 and not bothering with Genesis 3, so this will give me more options going forward.

I wanted to show you more comparisons but I ran short on time, and these close-ups take a while to render. You will be seeing more examples in the coming weeks.

As I said, I am super excited about this change. I've been looking through Genesis 8-specific assets for the past few days now and updating my library to adjust.

Please note I will not be going through the old episodes and updating the characters - except for one or two close-ups that I'm not happy with (for example, episode 1 Olivia bending down to wake up the MC). I'd rather focus on new content.

I hope you enjoy the new look of the girls and if you're ever in Discord, please thank wibble for all his hard work!

Episode 6

Work on Episode 6 has begun. I actually began writing one of the scenes a couple weeks ago - when I get an idea for a scene I have to write it down as it comes to me. The most important part for me at the moment is to block the action. Like I know A, B, and C are going to happen, but they might not happen in that order. So the fun starting phase of Episode 6 is underway and I fully plan on getting it out in a reasonable timeframe this time.

Patreon

As I've mentioned before, I will be making changes to Patreon this month. I will be ending the $1 tier and starting a $2 tier to replace it. For those of you who are new, this is because at $1 a significant portion is lost to taxes and fees on the Patron's end and then again on my end - so it's more of a donation to Patreon than to me.

If you are at the $1 tier now you will be able to continue as long as you desire. This will only affect new patrons.

I will also be adding two new rich-guy tiers for those crazy people who have actually asked me if it's ok to give me more money. More details on that to come.

You'll probably see all the new tiers open up in a couple weeks, and you'll see the $1 Tier 1 end on April 30.

In conclusion

Thank you all for your support and your kind words about the update. And thank you for the criticisms as well! I take all comments to heart - well, most of them ;) - and I look forward to improving with each update.

-CarbonBlue

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
of course i can my "dude" , the tittle "unleashed" keep coming as if you use it as a transition between certain scenes.
You probably mean the overlays between game chapters? I think they are intentional. Or also in other game positions, too?

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
wibble is an asset developer and has been kind enough to convert the ladies and the MC over to the new generation. The most important part of this change is we are now using what's called PBR skin.
So we're supposed to celebrate wibble giving underage girls PBR? Sounds like he belongs in prison to me.

Yes, this is a shitty joke about shitty beer.

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
I can't seem to continue to v5.3 from my old save it always ends at the end of v5.2.
Are you using the regular version, not Android? Did you modify it? Did you install it right? There is nothing in the code that would stop it from going to 0.5v3 at the end of 0.5v2.
of course i can my "dude" , the tittle "unleashed" keep coming as if you use it as a transition between certain scenes.
Uh... that's new to me. I've not heard anyone else having that problem. Which title? Are you talking about the animated title? A title from another update?
If you've enjoyed it so far, stick with it. It might just be CarbonBlue's humor you're not a fan of, rather than his entire game.
The game is my sense of humor. If you don't like it, don't play it, because there's more to come. You don't have to like every joke, but if you didn't laugh or you weren't entertained in this update then you may as well abandon ship now... because there is some shit coming.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Textbox removed , textshadows added (not compatible with any WT/cheatmod from OP)

Screenshot_2.png

extract attached file into mainfolder
overwrite if asked (make backup before from gui.rpy , screens.rpy and script.rpy if present)

(!!!needs to be updated every update!!!! -i´ll try to do it)

Last edited:

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
0x52_URM cheats (WIP)

mc/girls stats

mc.png

choices detection/outcome

choice1.png choice2.png

extract attached file to *\game folder
!always save before edit!

open mod with alt+m
click the little open folder icon right upper
load a .urm file

how to use : Link

Rename (nearly) everyone,watch this tut -->

create your own "gallery" (label search) how to --> Link

i recommend always to play the game one time without cheats to understand gamemechanics

mod should work with future updates

this mod does not modify any game files

!use at own risk! - dont complain to dev´s /modder about broken saves/gamestates
(look for a updated 0x52_urm.rpa file every month or 2 at Link, or use the update button while mod is opened(top right corner,next to the settings button(v1.6 and above))thanks to 0x52
if you like the URM Mod consider support 0x52 -->
)

Reactions: 0x52

Machete

Apr 7, 2020
Audiences are entertained by focusing on the points of interest. I'm not talking about skipping the journey to reach the destination, I'm talking about curating screen time by importance. This update to me felt watered down, and I guess my suggestion was meant to concentrate what I feel plays to your strengths.
I can see your point here, but i respectfully disagree. Not about the importance of focus but on the scarce relevance of this detour. Yes, it felt like a silly side story and it's perfectly understandable to feel frustrated by the overall pace of the releases, but this last release, albeit rather silly in the form, introduced us to some element that i'm sure will play a role later, at least in Angel's route.

Yes, if it was a 2 hours worth of playtime update and the stripclub sequence was just a part of it it would have been easier to digest, but it wasn't a mistep per se.

We know Carbon Blue had a rather complex year behind and let's see what future brings. We are not in Game of Thrones territory here, where Martin is writing spin offs and he doesn't give a fuck of the next instalment of ASoIaF anymore.

Codename21

May 20, 2017
Certainly am interested in more, and appreciate that not only is the developer feeling better after a life threatening ordeal, but also that the game actually received an additional update.

This update just feels like Buck Rogers between seasons 1 and 2. There was a long unexpected hiatus, regular characters of the game missing, new characters introduced with little to no explanation, and going from being centered around a MC to focusing on a crew/coworkers with a new mission (Sugar, Pepper, etc).

Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the new scene and am looking forward to more, but a drastic shift from what the audience expected (no choices that matter, time skip for the characters, a bet even as the MC is reeling from the prior day) was a large surprise. For all the work and time you took creating them, I hope it's not the last we see of the "Spice girls"

Reactions: nightwingbluebrry13

Mamonetti

Apr 4, 2020
Do we need to restart the game in order to play this last update? I can't see the MC speaking at all, so either he's mute or something's wrong.

4.20 star(s) 125 Votes