Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

BOSOBS

May 24, 2019
View attachment 138006

I had originally created this script for myself, but I've decided to clean it up a bit and release it for everyone. You can extract RPA archives (using built in ), decompile RPYC files (using a fork of by @amanapanama ) and enable the console and developer menu for Ren'Py games.

No dependencies, no internet connection required. You can right click->edit to see the source. Works on Windows 7, 8 and 10. XP and Vista users might need this PowerShell update from Microsoft:

Instructions:
1. Copy UnRen.bat to either the game's root directory (where the exe is) or the /game/ folder
2. Double click on UnRen.bat to execute
3. Select the option you require

Both RPA and RPYC files will be extracted/decompiled to the same path as the original files.

Known Issues:
- Having non-ASCII characters in your folder path may cause issues
- Unrpyc hasn't been updated for RenPy v7 yet, games which make use of the new feature will not decompile correctly

Let me know if you encounter any issues or bugs.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
so i pressed 9 so what exactly did it do and where can i find it

Haley Smith

Jan 16, 2018
Update Unren V.07 with Unrpyc-1.0.15
Is piling up 0.8
(Works with The Tyrant v0.8.1)

- Works fine with layered images (exemple Love and sexe : Second base start with bg if rpyc decompiled)
Exemple generated code with 0.7
init layeredimage bg alettaoffice:

With 0.8
layeredimage bg alettaoffice:
always:
"alettaoffice"

- Layered files no longer crashes the game
- no more huge spaces between 2 lines of code

View attachment 366321
Thank you for this wonderful update just added my small mod which turns 3 into 1 and 2 so it extracts the rpa then immediately decompiles the rpyc saving the user time.
edit: removed personal information.

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
Thank you for this wonderful update just added my small mod which turns 3 into 1 and 2 so it extracts the rpa then immediately decompiles the rpyc saving the user time.
edit: removed personal information.
Np, I go use your version. Thanks.

PS: Youre version without footer
# Decompiled by unrpyc:

Add Kwizomoda mod,
Choice 3) Possibility to delete .rpa, extract and decompile
Choice 3) for Modders :)

specific decoding (exemple work for Deviant Discovery) but basic decoding work to i just add a new choice and unrpyc specific
View attachment UnRen_V0.8_with specific decoding.zip

capture.png

Last edited:
Reactions: You

Haley Smith

Jan 16, 2018
Np, I go use your version. Thanks.

PS: Youre version without footer
# Decompiled by unrpyc:

Add Kwizomoda mod,
Choice 3) Possibility to delete .rpa, extract and decompile
Choice 3) for Modders :)

specific decoding (exemple work for Deviant Discovery) but basic decoding work to i just add a new choice and unrpyc specific
View attachment 366593

View attachment 366594
I prefer to renpy for most hard modding. Softmodding I don't mind just deleting it separately. But to each their own.

Renpy uses some premade syntax that isn't apart of py and I can't find a way around it without risking game crashes every five minutes Or getting a headache because my code looks like shit. example: menu:

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
I prefer to renpy for most hard modding. Softmodding I don't mind just deleting it separately. But to each their own.

Renpy uses some premade syntax that isn't apart of py and I can't find a way around it without risking game crashes every five minutes Or getting a headache because my code looks like shit. example: menu:
I don't really see the relation with the UnRen mod but okay...

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Soon there will be some who will try to use UnRen when downloading the game :sleep:
I haven't downloaded Milfy City 0.6 yet. I'm having trouble getting UnRen to run with it. Not only can't it find python, the batch file won't run on my Mac. Can you help me?

:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: numanumani

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
I haven't downloaded Milfy City 0.6 yet. I'm having trouble getting UnRen to run with it. Not only can't it find python, the batch file won't run on my Mac. Can you help me?

:ROFLMAO:
I'm on Windows, no luck... We'll have to find someone else. :cool:

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes