Tool Ren'Py Completed UnRen.bat v0.91 (Modified) - RPA/RPC Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

RedAISkye

Apr 10, 2017
This is a modified version of the original tool: UnRen.bat - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler
Screenshot.png

Updated: 2022-06-28

What does this modified version do?
Adds the option to extract from .RPC archives for games like Sunshine Valley [v0.1] [Rehex]

How to use?
Download the zip archive which contains the executable, extract the file inside the base game directory that includes folders "game, lib, renpy", run the tool and select whichever options you desire.

More Info
The archive also contains both the original and modified .BAT files which you can use a tool like to compare the changes between them.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Download:
-

Last edited:

RedAISkye

Apr 10, 2017
Yeah, it's called "false positives".
If you're paranoid, you can take a look at the code and compare it with the original with the source archive I've included above.

Edit: I've removed the UPX compression in the recent update so Windows should no longer falsely flag the executable.
Even with that, VirusTotal was still flagging it so instead of a direct attachment, there's now an external download.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xardas1000

ajtkd

Dec 13, 2019
Good morning, could someone explain to me why I can't extract anything anymore, because this place doesn't exist?.....

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
Good morning, could someone explain to me why I can't extract anything anymore, because this place doesn't exist?
this file is for games Renpy friend for your picture there you are using in a rpgm game will never work.

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
You're trying to extract the files of a rpgm game. Not a Ren'py one...
What happens is that when this photo msg appears that it didn't find the python, it's because most of the current developers are no longer putting the python file in the folder (lib) that is needed to use Unren.bat to extract texts, images or videos.

So this will always happen when the python.exe file is not in the folder (lib).

I stopped doing several translations because I couldn't extract the texts anymore.... I think the new developers now want the games entirely in English, but in my opinion, they're the ones who will lose with that, because I never charged a penny for the translations, the tendency is to produce more and more renpy games every day and never leave the epilogue, since there are tons of games coming in and most of it is only in the 1st chapter because many just want to get some change from the supporters, there are dollars for that.:WeSmart:

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
Good morning, could someone explain to me why I can't extract anything anymore, because this place doesn't exist?
This msg only appears in Renpy games that don't have the Python file in the folder (lib) some DV are failing to put this, for anyone to see the images, videos, or extract the texts, this is a selfish DV job that just wants the Totally blocked game, in every way. Whoever understands English is great ... now that you don't understand and want to translate, you'll be sucking your finger. :KEK:

• Angry
Reactions: RedAISkye

jeff100

Sep 11, 2020
What happens is that when this photo msg appears that it didn't find the python, it's because most of the current developers are no longer putting the python file in the folder (lib) that is needed to use Unren.bat to extract texts, images or videos.

So this will always happen when the python.exe file is not in the folder (lib).

I stopped doing several translations because I couldn't extract the texts anymore.... I think the new developers now want the games entirely in English, but in my opinion, they're the ones who will lose with that, because I never charged a penny for the translations, the tendency is to produce more and more renpy games every day and never leave the epilogue, since there are tons of games coming in and most of it is only in the 1st chapter because many just want to get some change from the supporters, there are dollars for that.:WeSmart:
Not at all. The folder structure, the icons, everything in that image is from rpgm MV

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
Not at all. The folder structure, the icons, everything in that image is from rpgm MV
I don't know why I always want to help if I only get criticism on this forum and facepalm icons... leave it alone and end of story.

• Haha
Reactions: RedAISkye
Feb 13, 2021
I couldnt get this to work the game i tried was The Neverwhere Tales, i placed all three files in the folder with the game.exe and clicked UnRen.exe and got this error

! Error: Cannot locate python.exe, unable to continue.
Are you sure we're in the game's root or game directory?

Press any key to exit...

RedAISkye

Apr 10, 2017
I couldnt get this to work the game i tried was The Neverwhere Tales, i placed all three files in the folder with the game.exe and clicked UnRen.exe and got this error

! Error: Cannot locate python.exe, unable to continue.
Are you sure we're in the game's root or game directory?

Press any key to exit...
You'll have to ask it in the original post as I'm not sure but it possibly could be because the version of python the game uses isn't supported by the script.

Last edited:

Root228

May 4, 2017
Make sure you're running it on a RenPy game in the same directory where the game's executable is located.

If the error persists, you can use the original tool which is updated and fixes this problem.
Lol, i mean im using PC not for the first time :D