Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Yes, it is for them(Windows users are my favorites:BootyTime:
scred_cat_run.gif

Good. In the meantime, we can do more interesting things. ...
What you mean? :WutFace:
I am not into such stuff... or are you a girl? :PogChamp: This would be a totally different then.

K. Jokes aside:
Good idea. But i got a even better idea before this:
We forgot that if this version of unrpyc (the py3 port) just able is to run in py3, we can remove all old python 2 stuff. I did some already and its more complicated as thought. There are stuff in there...

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Good idea. But i got a even better idea before this:
We forgot that if this version of unrpyc (the py3 port) just able is to run in py3, we can remove all old python 2 stuff. I did some already and its more complicated as thought. There are stuff in there...
Well, the latter is not for me, I would like to understand one python, instead of trying to sit on two chairs in an attempt to get off one of them. I'm stuck here too, trying to run a unrpyc from another python file. Of course, I have a little bit of a look at your code, but I decided to go my own way. Maybe it was a mistake. :unsure:

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
K, no problem.
... I'm stuck here too, trying to run a unrpyc from another python file. ...
You need to import it in your python file and then is the usage a bot different as on CLI. Just get it from UnRen2 in my github. ;)

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
K, no problem.

You need to import it in your python file and then is the usage a bot different as on CLI. Just get it from UnRen2 in my github. ;)
Well, no. I'm not going to get off the ground like this. I decided to just call the most important function, and write everything else myself, without any launch keys. Almost.:sneaky:
Moreover, the decompilation is already working, it remains only to deal with those arguments that may be important, and that's all, version 0.0.1alpha is ready. :HideThePain:

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
...,I decided to just call the most important function, and write everything else myself, without any launch keys.
Ah, you want to neuter it, or? Cut all the luxury away, get the important part and done. If so, then you got basically in the same situation as i am a few years back with rpatool. Thats how i wrote "rpakit"... :coffee:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Ah, you want to neuter it, or? Cut all the luxury away, get the important part and done. If so, then you got basically in the same situation as i am a few years back with rpatool. Thats how i wrote "rpakit"... :coffee:
Well, I'm not going to cut everything out, just the part that is responsible for self-launching.In fact, I did the same thing as you, found all the necessary files myself and fed them to the decompiler. The release of the first version is just around the corner, it remains only to translate all the messages.:sneaky:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Ladies and gentlemen. May I have your attention, please? I present to you a new vision of the UnRen tool.

As previously mentioned, the original tool had its drawbacks. First, each time you need to move it from one folder with the game to another or create a bunch of copies in all folders, and then remember where you used the old version, which no longer works, and where the new one, which does not require replacement. Plus, it uses python from the engine, which has great limitations. But not everyone wants to install a python and understand it, just to unpack the game and decompile the files to see which choices are the most optimal and which variables are used.

And here I offer you a tool that(in the future) will be able to solve all these problems. You only need one version of this tool(no copies). All the necessary functions will also be in one place, as before, a beautiful (actually terrible) graphical interface and no need for additional tools or programs, well, except for the latest updates to the system or a newer system(tested only on Windows 10).

I am happy to introduce you to UnRen (windowed by Gideon). At the moment, this thing can only decompile, but all the other features will be added soon if there is interest. Yes, the thing is quite heavy, and how long I waited for it to load on my Mega, I can not convey(fucking ADSL Internet in this backwater), but this is the price of convenience. Another collector in general pulled the whole python with him, it was a terrible crap for 300+ mb.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Ladies and gentlemen. May I have your attention, please? I present to you a new vision of the UnRen tool.

As previously mentioned, the original tool had its drawbacks. First, each time you need to move it from one folder with the game to another or create a bunch of copies in all folders, and then remember where you used the old version, which no longer works, and where the new one, which does not require replacement. Plus, it uses python from the engine, which has great limitations. But not everyone wants to install a python and understand it, just to unpack the game and decompile the files to see which choices are the most optimal and which variables are used.

And here I offer you a tool that(in the future) will be able to solve all these problems. You only need one version of this tool(no copies). All the necessary functions will also be in one place, as before, a beautiful (actually terrible) graphical interface and no need for additional tools or programs, well, except for the latest updates to the system or a newer system(tested only on Windows 10).

I am happy to introduce you to UnRen (windowed by Gideon). At the moment, this thing can only decompile, but all the other features will be added soon if there is interest. Yes, the thing is quite heavy, and how long I waited for it to load on my Mega, I can not convey(fucking ADSL Internet in this backwater), but this is the price of convenience. Another collector in general pulled the whole python with him, it was a terrible crap for 300+ mb.
Here's the thing, though. I find it a time-waster.

In the first place, it takes some time to load on my computer, which is not usually slow.

Okay, well maybe I can keep it loaded all the time. It gives me two windows, both of which need to remain open. But let's say I can live with that.

Now I have to navigate to the game to use it. Hmm. I've already done that once. Why do I have to do it again?

Well, here's what I've been doing all along. I have everything UnRen related in a folder in my 'Downloads' folder, where I make sure it always appears near the top of the list.

So, every time I download a game, I have to navigate to that game's folder obviously. Then, after I unzip the game, I enter the folder where the .exe exists. Then I check to see if I even need UnRen.

If it's needed, I just click on my Downloads folder (which appears under Quick access), then the Unren folder, 'copy' unren.bat, click twice on 'Back', and I can 'paste' unren.bat right where I want it and execute it. This whole process takes less than 20 seconds.

Since unren.bat takes up negligible space, it doesn't bother me to have hundreds of copies hanging around, since each game itself might take up gigabytes. [I have nearly 750 games hanging around on my computer, or rather on external hard drives.]

So, respectfully, I don't think I'll be using your new tool. Thank you, anyway. I do appreciate the effort.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Here's the thing, though. I find it a time-waster.

In the first place, it takes some time to load on my computer, which is not usually slow.

Okay, well maybe I can keep it loaded all the time. It gives me two windows, both of which need to remain open. But let's say I can live with that.

Now I have to navigate to the game to use it. Hmm. I've already done that once. Why do I have to do it again?

Well, here's what I've been doing all along. I have everything UnRen related in a folder in my 'Downloads' folder, where I make sure it always appears near the top of the list.

So, every time I download a game, I have to navigate to that game's folder obviously. Then, after I unzip the game, I enter the folder where the .exe exists. Then I check to see if I even need UnRen.

If it's needed, I just click on my Downloads folder (which appears under Quick access), then the Unren folder, 'copy' unren.bat, click twice on 'Back', and I can 'paste' unren.bat right where I want it and execute it. This whole process takes less than 20 seconds.

Since unren.bat takes up negligible space, it doesn't bother me to have hundreds of copies hanging around, since each game itself might take up gigabytes. [I have nearly 750 games hanging around on my computer, or rather on external hard drives.]

So, respectfully, I don't think I'll be using your new tool. Thank you, anyway. I do appreciate the effort.
Well, I expected a similar reaction from some people. Could you please share your configuration so that I can get to the bottom of the problem.:)

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Well, I expected a similar reaction from some people. Could you please share your configuration so that I can get to the bottom of the problem.:)
Uh, what problem? I like the way I am doing things, thanks.

At any rate, I am running Windows 10, on a Dell Desktop with an Intel Core i3-4170 CPU @ 3.70GHz with 8.00 GB installed ram. It's a 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor. It has 918 GB of internal disk space, and 5.44 TB on external drives.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Uh, what problem? I like the way I am doing things, thanks.

At any rate, I am running Windows 10, on a Dell Desktop with an Intel Core i3-4170 CPU @ 3.70GHz with 8.00 GB installed ram. It's a 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor. It has 918 GB of internal disk space, and 5.44 TB on external drives.
I was just wondering on what hardware this program can" take a long time " to load. I'm surprised at how modern the device is. I was expecting something older, maybe on a hyperpentium with 1 GB of RAM. :BootyTime:

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
I was just wondering on what hardware this program can" take a long time " to load. I'm surprised at how modern the device is. I was expecting something older, maybe on a hyperpentium with 1 GB of RAM. :BootyTime:
No offense, I'm on an i7 8700 with 16 GB of ram, and it hung for a good minute, completely frozen. Also the configuration is kind of awkward, especially if you have multiple versions of games in the same folder, and then the decompile output wasn't right. I didn't want to post tonight since I'm not ready to give detailed feedback, but just letting you know he wasn't the only one who found it awkward to use. I just wanted to affirm the fact that it was slow. I appreciate the effort though so I am waiting to give full feedback when I have time.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
No offense, I'm on an i7 8700 with 16 GB of ram, and it hung for a good minute, completely frozen. Also the configuration is kind of awkward, especially if you have multiple versions of games in the same folder, and then the decompile output wasn't right. I didn't want to post tonight since I'm not ready to give detailed feedback, but just letting you know he wasn't the only one who found it awkward to use. I just wanted to affirm the fact that it was slow. I appreciate the effort though so I am waiting to give full feedback when I have time.
Weird. Is it frozen when it decompiles or when it starts? If when decompiles, then it is normal when there are a lot of files, I still have not yet fully implemented multiprocessing(in the work on this). Plus, the console should have opened there to display information on decompiling. If it is a long launch, then it is strange, I have a R7 2700x and 16 GB of memory, everything starts no longer than 5 seconds. :unsure:

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Weird. Is it frozen when it decompiles or when it starts? If when decompiles, then it is normal when there are a lot of files, I still have not yet fully implemented multiprocessing(in the work on this). Plus, the console should have opened there to display information on decompiling. If it is a long launch, then it is strange, I have a R7 2700x and 16 GB of memory, everything starts no longer than 5 seconds. :unsure:
That's why I didn't want to post yet, wanted to try different things first, just responding to Walter's concerns. It's early in the morning here though, don't have the brainpower to do anything that might require paying attention to detail right now lol.

Reactions: VepsrP

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
No offense, I'm on an i7 8700 with 16 GB of ram, and it hung for a good minute, completely frozen.
I'll take a guess: Both of you use an anti-virus that don't tell you that it's currently analyzing the exe you're trying to start.
On the same configuration than you, yoyomistro, if I restart it once my anti-virus understood that the file is safe, it load in around 10 seconds, was it a little slow for an application that size, but not "this slow" ; and it fall back to 4 seconds after I changed the PE header for the application to be seen as native Windows exe.

Also the configuration is kind of awkward, [...]
I agree on this one. It took me some time to understand that you've to select the directory where is the directory where the game is. If you're the kind of person who keep their games uncompressed between two updates, you'll have to select through tons of directories, and at the opposite if you play then delete/archive, you'll end with always a single directory offered as selection.

You did a good works VepsrP but I don't think that an exe is a good idea since Ren'py, and therefore UnRen, evolve relatively often.
I'm obviously not the target for such application, but I don't think that it meet the expectation of basic users. It's interface is more designed for advanced users than for them, and advanced users already have a lot of small tricks that are easier than using this exe version.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I'll take a guess: Both of you use an anti-virus that don't tell you that it's currently analyzing the exe you're trying to start.
On the same configuration than you, @yoyomistro, if I restart it once my anti-virus understood that the file is safe, it load in around 10 seconds, was it a little slow for an application that size, but not "this slow" ; and it fall back to 4 seconds after I changed the PE header for the application to be seen as native Windows exe.
Just ran a quick test. It took less than 3 seconds for the first window (the blank UnRen one) to appear, and a total of 22 seconds (substantially quicker than yesterday) for the menu window to appear. So it would appear that the time depends on what else I'm running... duh! But that is still slower than I can run UnRen my usual way, and doesn't count in the time it would take to navigate to a game.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
If you're the kind of person who keep their games uncompressed between two updates, you'll have to select through tons of directories, and at the opposite if you play then delete/archive, you'll end with always a single directory offered as selection.
That's where I'm a little confused about what you mean. Personally, I keep all the games in one folder, they are all uncompressed. Moreover, there are games on other engines, so only the necessary games are included in the list. So I'm a little confused as to what the problem is here. :unsure:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Personally, I keep all the games in one folder, they are all uncompressed. Moreover, there are games on other engines, so only the necessary games are included in the list.
But not all players are like you ; it's just a guess, but based on the different discussions and comments spread all around the forum, I would even say that you are part of the minority.
Nowadays, the average Ren'py game take many GB of storage space. Just keeping (uncompressed) 100 of them will need 0.5 TB, while the majority of the players have only one hard drive between 1 TB and 3 TB of capacity. Therefore, they don't keep the games uncompressed. With Ren'py that store the save files in two different places, it permit them to continue where they left the game, without having to effectively fight to find space on their hard drive.
But even without this space constraint, keeping the games uncompressed isn't something generalized. There's those who don't want their perversion to be too obvious, and so keep only the compressed version to avoid unwanted click on the exe. There's those who want a clean hard drive, and see keeping only the archive as the best way to do so. There's those who purely play then delete (including the archive). There's those who follow too many games, and would have a hard time finding the three updates they've just installed if they were facing a directory with more than 500 games. There's those who purely test a new game, then wait few updates before giving them a new chance, and therefore will not keep the game for 6 months without even being sure that it will not be abandoned, or have too bad critics that they'll never give it this new chance. And so on.
Personally, I have a cumulative storage space near to 30 TB, still I keep the game compressed, and it's a good thing since I need more than 2 TB for that.

Last edited:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Personally, I have a cumulative storage space near to 30 TB, still I keep the game compressed, and it's a good thing since I need more than 2 TB for that.
Terrible, I myself have no more than 14 TB on all disks, and then, my collection takes up a little more than 0.5 TB, even I am far from you. :LUL: I would like such a collection like your, but unfortunately there are not so many games that could satisfy me.:HideThePain:

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
I didn't want to be the negative bitch about this, so i shut up till now. Please read it as well meant and just a opinion.

We have from the last few years already a dozen such exe encapsulated apps here on F and they see afaik all not much use. Some wrap even UnRen if i remember right.
  • Problem 1) In difference, most people which make such a app use NET/VB framework, which are already present on Win so the app size goes down to 2 MiB or less. Thats the disadvantage of using QT, GTK or other libs on non-linux.

If we do this, i can also argument to let people just install python (~100MiB + some optional extra modules over pip installer). Thats even a one click thing over MS-store. Manageable, teachable. Some people have it already installed and on linux py is even native there. Also possible: People can use py for other apps.
  • Problem 2) People can not easily look in the exe and see what they get. In times of data thievery on ever corner, sniffing, corporate server kidnapping, blackmailing of hospital infrastructure, identity theft etc. most people begin to thread carefully. And the craziness with this has only started.
  • Problem 3) Some people want to modify the app and there we are... Nope.
Thats the reasons why i stayed with UnRen2 mostly with the way things are in old UnRen.
  1. With py we have instead batch/powershell/python just one(!) dependency.
  2. Source available and can checked in the app itself by everyone with relative ease. Even the embedded tools (pickled + base64 coded).
  3. Everyone with py knowledge can modify/upgrade/extend.

I thought "also" already about a windowed gui with python Tkinter... Want to try this? VepsrP ? "tk" comes already along with the python install.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 9 Votes