Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
So the first release is ready. At the moment, this tool is only useful for rich daddies like me, who contain an entire folder for games of known content. When updating to version 2, I will try to figure out how to organically fit the selection of the game folder, for singles. And perhaps other things, if there is a desire for such.
For this program to work, in addition to Python 3, you also need the PyQt5 package. There is also a compiled version. Now it weighs 35.5 megabytes. As for the launch speed, I can't say anything, as before, everything works fast.
Instruction manual:
1) Open button ... - > open a folder with other folders with games.
2) Select the desired game from the list.
3) Select the required command.
4) If decompilation is selected(by itself or as part of other commands) - > set all the necessary checkboxes for decompilation.
5) Click the Execute button.
6) Wait for the selected command to be executed(the items will no longer be blocked).
7) Close the program or select a new game and start again from step 3.
I don't think I forgot anything.

mirian

Nov 18, 2018
I downloaded some games but the images are in rpa format and I don't know how to extract them. Some friends tried to teach me but I can't extract the images, because I don't know how to copy UnRen.bat to the directory where the exe is. or to the game folder. Could someone teach me how do I put UnRen.bat there?

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I downloaded some games but the images are in rpa format and I don't know how to extract them. Some friends tried to teach me but I can't extract the images, because I don't know how to copy UnRen.bat to the directory where the exe is. or to the game folder. Could someone teach me how do I put UnRen.bat there?
Go to wherever you have downloaded UnRen.bat. Right-click on UnRen.bat. That will bring up a menu. Click on Copy. Now navigate to the directory where the .exe for your game is. Right-click on any open space in that directory. That will bring up another menu. Click on Paste. That will copy UnRen.bat to the proper directory. Now, double-click on UnRen.bat. That brings up yet another menu. Enter 1, and press <Enter> and UnRen.bat will extract the images. They will usually appear in the games/images folder.

Should you still be having trouble, you may need to find an online help for basic Windows management.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Madeddy I found another place where our decompiler on PY3 fails (or maybe just my version :unsure: ) The game is called Deadlocked in Time. I attach the error log.

Reactions: yoyomistro

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Madeddy I found another place where our decompiler on PY3 fails (or maybe just my version
No. Its also here in my py3 port aaaaaand also with the official unrpyc version. Even with the last bug from February patched. Two renpy statements on the same line...thats really wrong i'd say.

Concrats. :eek: You found another bug. I reported it.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
No. Its also here in my py3 port aaaaaand also with the official unrpyc version. Even with the last bug from February patched. Two renpy statements on the same line...thats really wrong i'd say.

Concrats. :eek: You found another bug. I reported it.
By the way, I found an interesting bug in my program. If I compile to an Exe file, then during decompilation, some kind of bacchanal occurs. And instead of decompiling, a new version of the application is called. It was fun and scary at the same time. :HideThePain:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Just a thought, but do you think it's time to move VepsrP app to a new thread?
Or the discussion regarding it in private.

Not that it isn't interesting, but I have the feeling that it's boring for most readers since they understand nothing and, anyway, aren't effectively concerned by those discussion ; just by the result once the app will quit its beta state. Not sure that it's really appealing for the members in search of help/information.

Darkarhon

Donor
Jun 20, 2017
There's this Save Editor for RPGM MZ But i am not sure if its trustworthy.

Scy7he

Nov 29, 2018
I tried using the v0.91 but any button I press it just closes the bat without actually performing anything (i.e when trying to convert rpyc into rpy) :confused:

I tried to unrpyc the file using older version and got a
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
error, so maybe that's why?
but even then why exit completely instead of showing the error? (also tried using the rpyc corrector to see but it told me the files were not changed and yet this issue is there)

Edit: I tried to unrpyc files that v0.8 was able to change to rpy using v0.91 and it still did the same thing....so now I really don't know why that is happening :confused:

Last edited:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I tried using the v0.91 but any button I press it just closes the bat without actually performing anything (i.e when trying to convert rpyc into rpy) :confused:

I tried to unrpyc the file using older version and got a
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
error, so maybe that's why?
but even then why exit completely instead of showing the error? (also tried using the rpyc corrector to see but it told me the files were not changed and yet this issue is there)

Edit: I tried to unrpyc files that v0.8 was able to change to rpy using v0.91 and it still did the same thing....so now I really don't know why that is happening :confused:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2021/02/1066259_UnRen-my.zip
It should not be closed, I suggest using my version of the tool(console modification, not windowed). Link above. If it doesn't help, I'll see what could be wrong when I download the game(oh, this terrible Internet from the outback)

Scy7he

Nov 29, 2018
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2021/02/1066259_UnRen-my.zip
It should not be closed, I suggest using my version of the tool(console modification, not windowed). Link above. If it doesn't help, I'll see what could be wrong when I download the game(oh, this terrible Internet from the outback)
It says can't find the root directory or can't locate python
on other unren versions you can go atleast one folder in to do so
here you need to be on the base folder :confused:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Does it really matter now? the question is, do the functions work?

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Well, I tested the work myself. 0.91 works quite calmly and unpacks files. But for some reason it doesn't find the .rpyc files to decompile them. Which means, first of all, that you are doing something wrong, and secondly, that 0.91 requires improvement. At the expense of the latter - all questions to the creator, this creation, unfortunately (or fortunately) is not mine. :BootyTime: By the way, both my versions of UnRen(console and window) calmly find and decompile everything.(y)

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes