Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I should clarify that my version only works from the folder where the .exe file of the launcher is located.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Last edited:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
If you are able to use python v2.7 in your sys you can also try the "pure python rewrite of UnRen".(though still in alpha) https://f95zone.to/threads/unren-ba...sole-developer-menu-enabler.3083/post-5531034

Just execute from a terminal with your games path as arg e.g unren__v0.17.0_py27.py C:/path/to/your/games/root/directory
Oh, until I caught you here. Deobfuscation on the python3 for those unfortunate scripts does not work. As I understood, everything should have been passed through the zlib of the extractor, but for some reason the array "star_string" or something like that is not filled in on Python3. Maybe at least you will get an idea what is wrong there. :unsure:

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Deobfuscation on the python3 for those unfortunate scripts does not work. As I understood, everything should have been passed through the zlib of the extractor, but for some reason the array "star_string" or something like that is not filled in on Python3.
I believe i don't understand. :oops: Huh?
Is this about your discussion with Ghostface Reborn and my link or some other problem? I case of the first, it has nothing to do with python3. I linked the python27 version of the pure py UnRen.

If some other problem then please explain again. I am probably slow today or something. o_O

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Is this about your discussion with Ghostface Reborn and my link or some other problem? I case of the first, it has nothing to do with python3. I linked the python27 version of the pure py UnRen.

If some other problem then please explain again. I am probably slow today or something. o_O
Nah, that's not what I mean. I'm talking about that archive with scripts that you threw me earlier. On the built-in python in RenPy, I also forced both to unpack and decompile. But when trying to do the same experiment on python3, the decompilation stops working. I know for sure that in the console UnRen, decompilation works through the zlib pattern of the extractor function in deobfuscation (or as this stuff with @"name of function" is called), and in python3 in this function, arrays are not filled in, where they should be.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
it should work... only reason i knew about this program.
Surprisingly, everything works perfectly. Even the decompilation works, I couldn't check the decompression due to the lack of archives, which is surprising. I came up with another idea. Are you running it as an administrator, by any chance? :unsure:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017

Forget I asked you earlier, I've already solved that problem. Here's a new one. In the picture "Decompilate difference" on the left is information when using python3, on the right is python2 from RenPy. As you can see, it seems like an error comes out when decompiling some files. But the trick is that this file and others with the same message were quietly decompiled (physically, the files with the code already exist). Probably, somewhere there is a logical problem in the code shown in the picture "Code with error", since this error is raised from there. But the logic of this function was beyond my control. Also in the archive is the same deobfuscation file, already with all the found fixes for python3. Perhaps you will be able to solve this puzzle.

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
N
Surprisingly, everything works perfectly. Even the decompilation works, I couldn't check the decompression due to the lack of archives, which is surprising. I came up with another idea. Are you running it as an administrator, by any chance? :unsure:
No.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
... On the built-in python in RenPy...
...and in python3 in this function, arrays are not filled in, where they should be.
...on the left is information when using python3, on the right is python2 from RenPy...
Just to understand this few statements before i look at anything:
1) Are you running Unren or whatever in RenPys shitty half-python? The castrated python? The one with missing modules i warned to use?
2) Are you trying to run python3 code in RenPy with python2?

I feel like we talk about different stuff here.. :unsure:

Line 75 is cumbersome:
if data[:10] not in [b'RENPY RPYC', b'MY_HEADER', b'RENPY RPC2']: This does also.

Line 170:
if data[i] != b'\x78': The ord() has IMHO no business in there, but in line 173 you remove them... Why?

Last edited:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Just to understand this few statements before i look at anything:
1) Are you running Unren or whatever in RenPys shitty half-python? The castrated python? The one with missing modules i warned to use?
2) Are you trying to run python3 code in RenPy with python2?

I feel like we talk about different stuff here.. :unsure:
Just the same, the neutered python2 in RenPy works out everything as it should. That's why I've already released a new version of UnRen (console). But when I tried to add functionality to the version for python3, first(as it turned out) there were errors in working with byte data, and now this (the last problem).
As soon as I try to decompile files from Forbidden Fruit, this error is raised on some files, although I repeat again, the shitty half-python (as you put it) does not raise any errors. So I'm trying to figure out what the difference is, than would eventually add to the GUI project. But this piece of code is too unusual, the logic of it escapes me.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Madeddy

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Line 75 is cumbersome:
if data[:10] not in [b'RENPY RPYC', b'MY_HEADER', b'RENPY RPC2']: This does also.

Line 170:
if data[i] != b'\x78': The ord() has IMHO no business in there, but in line 173 you remove them... Why?
1. Well, data immediately gives a number(23, 46, 145, and the like), and not in the form of b'/x78'. In fact, I just brought a byte string to the corresponding number via the ord function, and if you take data from bytearray via data, then you immediately get a number. And now the start_positions variable has started to be filled with the necessary data. And yes, ord is needed there, otherwise it will not decompile.
2. I understood where the legs grow from the line "Did not know how to decrypt data.".
In line 328
Code:
except Exception:
            pass
, exceptions are not processed, and because of this, the try_decrypt_section function also raise an error. The original problem is in the magic module, but to climb into it is like suicide, too high a level of abstraction for me.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
... the shitty half-python (as you put it) does not raise any errors. ...
A reason why i dont like the renpy python. I think it jumpos over certain things to work at all and we do not know whats modified in there. A permanent unknown with lot of headaches. Thats why i say use normal py to people.

1. Well, data immediately gives a number(23, 46, 145, and the like), and not in the form of b'/x78'....
Ah. This must a diff to py2 behavior i guess. "data" must give a different type in original.
In line 328
Code:
except Exception:
            pass
...The original problem is in the magic module, but to climb into it is like suicide, too high a level of abstraction for me.
Yeah. "CensoredUsername" did in a talk with me once put it like this: magic.py is named like this for a reason.:oops:
IF you have in this section a error it could be from _ast or the unpickler. Perhaps even something the py3 port missed...

I would advice to get all the changed code stuff you have there first running with some standard renpy .rpyc files before your try files of modified games like Forbidden Fruit. Its easier i think.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 9 Votes