Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes
D

Deleted member 1700951

Need help to unpack this game -> (sry for the link, didn't find it here).
UnRen "Cannot locate python.exe".
And even if I try to unpack rpa directly, it gives only single 73-bytes png.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Well, actually it is logical, since the python executable file itself is not there, only the dll for Windows, at the expense of the archives tomorrow I will dig around, see what is there.:unsure:

AnCaLu

Dec 18, 2020
Try with this file. I modified it and this message is no longer displayed.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Need help to unpack this game -> ...
No surprise. I didn download it but the developer name says enough.

Rpa format should be some proprietary ZiX type and is so far only supported by UnRpa unpacker because its rather cumbersome to reverse. Is there by chance some smaller rpa file(<50MiB) in the game you could attach or upload? If not, you could at least open a rpa and post the first line?

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
No surprise. I didn download it but the developer name says enough.

Rpa format should be some proprietary ZiX type and is so far only supported by UnRpa unpacker because its rather cumbersome to reverse. Is there by chance some smaller rpa file(<50MiB) in the game you could attach or upload? If not, you could at least open a rpa and post the first line?
Here's the archive for you, I'm sitting here, fighting. The most interesting thing is that the title is standard.

Reactions: yoyomistro

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Here's the archive for you, I'm sitting here, fighting. The most interesting thing is that the title is standard.
Thanks. And yeah, thats new with ZiX games. So far the had a "ZIX-12A ..." or B header. :cautious: I forgot to ask what the "loader.py" looks like. Anything different? Or can you attach it?

Reactions: yoyomistro

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Thanks. And yeah, thats new with ZiX games. So far the had a "ZIX-12A ..." or B header. :cautious: I forgot to ask what the "loader.py" looks like. Anything different? Or can you attach it?
If these been there .py everything would be easier, but only .pyc, which I couldn't decompile.:confused:

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
...which I couldn't decompile.:confused:
Same. So. They modified now not only the rpa format again but on top of this now also the python compiler. I think they have too much time in this game studio.

Thats not worth the trouble for be, especialy as i am not the slightes interested in the style or even japanese comic stuff at all. One could only try to contact the unrpa author if he interested is to solve this puzzle. He is notable absent the last years from his project, but you never know. Some people do this for relaxation and recreation reasons. :WutFace:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Same. So. They modified now not only the rpa format again but on top of this now also the python compiler. I think they have too much time in this game studio.

Thats not worth the trouble for be, especialy as i am not the slightes interested in the style or even japanese comic stuff at all. One could only try to contact the unrpa author if he interested is to solve this puzzle. He is notable absent the last years from his project, but you never know. Some people do this for relaxation and recreation reasons. :WutFace:
I decided to drop it, too. Need more experience here. This includes decompiling python in combination with dll hacking, probably. :unsure:

ktemanuel

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2019
I am trying to unzip the game University_of_Problems-0.4.0-Basic-pc and then translate it to spanish, I follow the RenPy Translation tool tutorial.Unren option 1 and then 2, so far no problems now when I go to the next step which is to create the translation with renpy generates me the Spanish folder but only with the common files.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I am trying to unzip the game University_of_Problems-0.4.0-Basic-pc and then translate it to spanish, I follow the RenPy Translation tool tutorial.Unren option 1 and then 2, so far no problems now when I go to the next step which is to create the translation with renpy generates me the Spanish folder but only with the common files.
By translation, this is unlikely to apply to us.

Reactions: ktemanuel

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
it gives me an error and it gives me this...
Iwould also like to know which unren version this is and where you got it. Its weird for sure...

I remembered now from where i know this message:
You use just the unren base file from github. Without tools embedded... the message is in there for exactly this reason but not thorough enough. So to make this clear: The file is not for end users and does not run like this.
...the game University_of_Problems-0.4.0-Basic-pc and then translate it to spanish, I follow the RenPy Translation tool tutorial.Unren option 1 and then 2...
Already asked and explained from here https://f95zone.to/threads/unren-ba...sole-developer-menu-enabler.3083/post-5665106 and in the following 18 posts. I short, bad news: The games developers did put heavy obfuscation against unpacking and decompiling in place. No luck for you.

Last edited:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Iwould also like to know which unren version this is and where you got it. Its weird for sure...
Already asked and explained from here https://f95zone.to/threads/unren-ba...sole-developer-menu-enabler.3083/post-5665106 and in the following 18 posts. I short, bad news: The games developers did put heavy obfuscation against unpacking and decompiling in place. No luck for you.
So I kind of solved the problem with unpacking or decompiling this game. :unsure: Maybe I misunderstood, but it seemed to me that there was more of a question about working with translation than with unpacking.:unsure:

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
By translation, this is unlikely to apply to us.
By extension it does i think. Somewhat.

The translations of some games are in the RPAs and if they're like in this case(?) not accessible the problems start. Even if the TL folder not archived is the user needs to access the games preference files(rpa...) to hook the new lang in.

By the way i updated my previous post about the strange unren error message.(Solved.)

:)

Last edited:

Dorat1

Dec 31, 2017
Could someone tell me does Un'Renpy unlock the scenes in the game itself or is it just the images in the game files? Cheers

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Could someone tell me does Un'Renpy unlock the scenes in the game itself or is it just the images in the game files? Cheers
UnRen doesn't unlock anything. It can only unpack the files and decompile the code if there are no sources. Unlocking is more a question for modders. It can also enable some built-in functions that were forcibly disabled.

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes