Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Came here for the same game, and unren being unable to decompile the archive.rpa.
If you are referring to the Unren-Version you mentioned here, it doesn't work either. It still claims the .rpa is unsupported.
. rpa is an archive, you need to unpack it first, and then run decompilation.

Sarkasmus

May 4, 2020
. rpa is an archive, you need to unpack it first, and then run decompilation.
FFS... the top post on this page said your version helped decompiling, so that's where my brain lingered.
I meant unpacking. Sorry. Just like in the screenshot posted above.

zerkftw

May 27, 2018
Yeh i'm having the same issue with "the given file is not a valid Ren'Py archive, or an unsupported version" when using both the versions posted here

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
FFS... the top post on this page said your version helped decompiling, so that's where my brain lingered.
I meant unpacking. Sorry. Just like in the screenshot posted above.
Well. I agree, I was wrong. I still found a solution(crutch). Later, I will probably make a new thread for my modification when it is fully tested and assembled. After that, I will throw a link here.:)

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017

nior1342

Mar 13, 2019
Hello im using this and its perfect!! thx you!
I want to ask something can you put in this bat a command that when you use it auto make in tl file a new folder and put inside all the files that we need for make a new translate? if possible!! thx you

jestir

May 4, 2018
I had to replace my hard drive that I had the renpy game I was making and lost the game but I had it uploaded to itch I downloaded it and used your unren and it saved the day thank you so much for this

d646177528

May 24, 2021
View attachment 1065329

I had originally created this script for myself, but I've decided to clean it up a bit and release it for everyone. You can extract RPA archives (using built in ), decompile RPYC files (using built in ), enable the console and developer menu for Ren'Py games and more.

No dependencies, no internet connection required. You can right click->edit to see the source. Works on Windows 7, 8 and 10. XP and Vista users might need this PowerShell update from Microsoft:

Instructions:
1. Copy UnRen.bat to either the game's root directory (where the exe is) or the /game/ folder
2. Double click on UnRen.bat to execute
3. Select the option you require

Both RPA and RPYC files will be extracted/decompiled to the same path as the original files.

Known Issues:
- Having non-ASCII characters in your folder path may cause issues

Let me know if you encounter any issues or bugs.

Contributions:
If you'd like to contribute any changes or improvements, check out the new (currently out of date)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpypig
View attachment 1065329

I had originally created this script for myself, but I've decided to clean it up a bit and release it for everyone. You can extract RPA archives (using built in ), decompile RPYC files (using built in ), enable the console and developer menu for Ren'Py games and more.

No dependencies, no internet connection required. You can right click->edit to see the source. Works on Windows 7, 8 and 10. XP and Vista users might need this PowerShell update from Microsoft:

Instructions:
1. Copy UnRen.bat to either the game's root directory (where the exe is) or the /game/ folder
2. Double click on UnRen.bat to execute
3. Select the option you require

Both RPA and RPYC files will be extracted/decompiled to the same path as the original files.

Known Issues:
- Having non-ASCII characters in your folder path may cause issues

Let me know if you encounter any issues or bugs.

Contributions:
If you'd like to contribute any changes or improvements, check out the new (currently out of date)

rpypig?

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
it unwork, i mean yes it work, It decompress rpa and pry but : 1st if ya put unren 1.0 into /game folder, it error, it must be put unren1.0 in root game, 2nd after done, play game, and auto quit, I tried to fix script.rpy and if you play, save then load savegame, It auto quit. So the game "The Hard Way", I deleted form my pc, i dun care game "The Hard Way", Game "The Hard Way" is not interested me so much, just I put "The Hard Way" as an example that I mean the unren9.1 are need update. Okey let looking for "Wicked paradise" or "False Hero", it's cannot unren too. However, I wish there are combine option 1 and option 2 into one (IT extract rpa then decompile rpyc). With force quicksave, quickmenu, force skip and bla bla bla ya can try my "tools" that i wrote myself (ofc ouse it's not perfect, it control almost 80% game, and if get error, just make block comment the error lines)
Firstly, the fact that the tool does not work in the "game" folder is something that I did on purpose. I believe that the file with the extension .bat there is a place only in the root of the game, where the executable file lies. Secondly, if there is a problem in the game, you can report it - I can't download every game just to check that they work, I don't have so much Internet and time. But if someone reports a problem, I will download it and either find a solution or report the impossibility. Third, UnRen 9.1 was not done by me, but by one of the moderators. It just used my best practices. As you noticed, I have now decided to create a new topic for the release, where it would make sense to report the problem, and not write here, so that the link would be even more lost. Fourth, I still didn't understand why your script is needed. Apart from the fact that it blocks a lot of functions and breaks the markup style and even the markup(at least in one game), I haven't seen anything useful yet. And I don't see much sense in this functionality either. So to say, why block everything when the majority comes here on the contrary for unblocking? Well, at the expense of the above examples of games - I will check at least one. It's hardly a problem in decompilation, but at the expense of unpacking - I'm still thinking about bypassing random headers, as it was with TheHardWay. If all the developers will change them all the time, then sawing crutches every time will not be very effective. :unsure:

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes