Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

jimmydatoolip

Feb 7, 2019
Hello. Not sure if someone has faced the same issue, but I am having troubles for a while with this decrypter. When I try option 1 or 2, it freezes not only UnRen but also my computer. This happens with almost all games I've tried, last one Being a DIK. I am using Windows 10. Wondering if some1 could help. Thanks.
Make sure every folder name in Unren's path is ASCII only (simply put, A-Z, a-z, 0-9, spaces). E.g. no vowels with accents or somesuch. I.e. "C:/Games/Being a DIK" -> ok. "C:/Users/Störmund/R€cycled/Mom don't look/Mom seriously/MOM!!!/HappyFunTimes/Ren'Py/Being a DIK" -> not ok.

If that doesn't do anything - or regardless, because modern system should never just hang - check the event viewer: right-click 'This PC' or 'My Computer' or some such -> Manage. In the tree on the left, open Computer Management (Local) -> System Tools -> Event Viewer -> Windows Logs. Check System (and Applications?) for any Warnings (yellow icon) or Errors (red icon).

Make sure your system is up-to-date. Windows updates, drivers, ... Do a full scan with your anti-virus scan. Defragment the HDD (though at 14% full... shouldn't be an issue). Check the drive for errors. If all else fails, do a windows repair or even reinstall.

johnnytwofingers

Feb 7, 2019
It doesn't work, i put file in game directory with game .exe and after i try to launch unren cmd window pops up for half second and nothing happens... I tried to run as admin but it didn't work either.

Alpine Eagle

Russian Spy
Donor
Compressor
Apr 13, 2019
In mod thread it says it should be installed using Unren.
Then you need to enable the console or developer menu I think. This is key 3

If unren opens and closes immediately, make sure that it is in the right place. Open the file using Notepad and make sure it is ANSI encoded. If you open using Notepad++ then the encoding should be as follows
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Or maybe the mod is already installed? Verify.

Last edited:

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Do you want to make a mod? Using Unren? O_0

I don't know. When goobdoob will be online, he will respond.
No I won't! :p
It doesn't work, i put file in game directory with game .exe and after i try to launch unren cmd window pops up for half second and nothing happens... I tried to run as admin but it didn't work either.
Try running it from a cmd window. That way you'll see the error message, instead of having the disappearing cmd window take it away.

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
I have a question and a suggestion.. Can one remap the Ctrl (skip) key to be used by a mouse button (like the side buttons for forward/back while browsing)?

It would be great to not have to use the keyboard for this.. for reasons ;)

If so, I think that would be a great addition to this mod.

Alpine Eagle

Russian Spy
Donor
Compressor
Apr 13, 2019
I have a question and a suggestion.. Can one remap the Ctrl (skip) key to be used by a mouse button (like the side buttons for forward/back while browsing)?
Try. Open Unren with Notepad and find the key that is responsible for skipping, change it. It is important to save the file in the same encoding as it was, so I recommend using Notepad++

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
Try. Open Unren with Notepad and find the key that is responsible for skipping, change it. It is important to save the file in the same encoding as it was, so I recommend using Notepad++
I'm not particularly skilled with these things, but as far as I can tell you can't actually remap the keys in Unren itself, only whether being able to skip is True/False. I believe you can remap them in the individual game's Renpy files though (much like switching console.config to True before this mod made it easier). I had limited success doing this once myself, though I mistakenly caused an auto-skip to next decision instead of a skip on hold/stop skipping on release like with Ctrl. I did this in the 00keymap file.

I would like to figure out how to map it correctly, but even if I did I lack the knowledge of how to create my own batch file so that it could be easily usable in all Renpy games like Unren is. I have a feeling that the creator of Unren could accomplish this easily if he deemed it a worthy addition to his mod.

May 25, 2018
Add the following lines to unren-dev.rpy (created by UnRen when you pick option 3), taking care to match the indentation of the previous lines:
Python:
  config.keymap['skip'] = [ 'K_LCTRL', 'K_RCTRL', 'mousedown_7' ]
  config.keymap['stop_skipping'] = [ 'mouseup_7' ]
On most mice with back/forward buttons, button #7 should correspond to the forward button. Change to 6 if you want to use the back button instead.

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
Add the following lines to unren-dev.rpy (created by UnRen when you pick option 3), taking care to match the indentation of the previous lines:
Python:
  config.keymap['skip'] = [ 'K_LCTRL', 'K_RCTRL', 'mousedown_7' ]
  config.keymap['stop_skipping'] = [ 'mouseup_7' ]
On most mice with back/forward buttons, button #7 should correspond to the forward button. Change to 6 if you want to use the back button instead.
Wow, it worked perfectly. Thank you! I knew someone could figure it out.

7 is my forward button, but after testing it I found 6 to be much easier to use.

I wonder if there's a way to code it into Unren itself. As it stands one would have to enter that in for each game.... unless those two files, the .rpy and .rpyc are the only files that get added/altered when you pick option 3.. in that case I could simply add those files to the game menu instead of choosing 3. I assume not though, as option 3 likely alters the 00console file among others. Oh, in that case I can just choose option 3 and THEN add and replace the .rpy file, duh :rolleyes:
Still it would be great if there were a way to encode it into Unren.

Anyway thanks again for figuring that out for me. You're awesome.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
... I wonder if there's a way to code it into Unren itself. As it stands one would have to enter that in for each game.... unless those two files, the .rpy and .rpyc are the only files that get added/altered ...
Yes. Both. (Not for the *.rpyc -> compiled version of the corresponding *.rpy, generated by RenPy<!>)
... I assume not though, as option 3 likely alters the 00console file among others. ...
No.
The '00*' files are static files for RenPy's functionality and not altered at all. Not by 'unren' or anything - unless done by user hand. The change in the files in '.../game/*.rpy' are simple "virtual" overwrites at runtime for the original values.

Btw.: The key setup is not in the 00console file, but in 00keymap.

Greets

Last edited:
Reactions: grgrgr5
May 25, 2018
I wonder if there's a way to code it into Unren itself.
Insert the following lines into UnRen.bat in the proper place (for UnRen 0.8, the proper place would be line 267):
Code:
echo   config.keymap['skip'] = [ 'K_LCTRL', 'K_RCTRL', 'mousedown_6' ]>> "%consolefile%"
echo   config.keymap['stop_skipping'] = [ 'mouseup_6' ]>> "%consolefile%"

Reactions: grgrgr5

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
Insert the following lines into UnRen.bat in the proper place (for UnRen 0.8, the proper place would be line 267):
Code:
echo   config.keymap['skip'] = [ 'K_LCTRL', 'K_RCTRL', 'mousedown_6' ]>> "%consolefile%"
echo   config.keymap['stop_skipping'] = [ 'mouseup_6' ]>> "%consolefile%"
Wow, that's excellent. It worked perfectly. Though I did seem to only be able to edit the batch info in Notepad and thus could not determine what line I was on. I took a guess and got lucky on the correct placement.

I figured the best thing to do was put it in the ":console" section immediately before ":consoleend", which I think was your intention. I'll post it below in case you or someone in the future wants to see how I fit it. Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
In mod thread it says it should be installed using Unren.
Well, the mod's thread want you to do something useless.

If anything that unren change in the configuration was needed, the mod dev could have done it himself in his mod. And whatever if the mod directly change the source of the game, or change images of the game, you still don't need to use Unren. Ren'py will automatically use the latest version of the script ; it can possibly complain the first time, but launching the game again is enough to correct this (remember me a recent discussion). And the same apply for the images.

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes