Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

xxxavier

Nov 21, 2019
RenPy did change beginning spring last year some of his code, so the decompiling with "unrpyc" did get incompatible because it doesnt understand RenPy anymore. Its like a "new slang" now for RenPy and "unrpyc" speaks just the old slang.

The author of "unrpyc" is currenty in the process of fixing the incompatiblitys. We can expect a immediate bugfix release of "unrpyc". Just a few things left... (Like.. me pestering him with more bug reports.)
You sound like you expect this "learning python" will happen in a few months... with barely a few horus per week invested. Um, no. It's more like "See you in 2 years".
Actually no, it was more like, ok, I got no options left then, so I will try something out even if I suck in this kind of thing
Better than nothing though...but your message gives me hope, so hopefully a new bugfix will provide me from smashing my pc trying to learn python

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
RenPy did change beginning spring last year some of his code, so the decompiling with "unrpyc" did get incompatible because it doesnt understand RenPy anymore. Its like a "new slang" now for RenPy and "unrpyc" speaks just the old slang.

The author of "unrpyc" is currenty in the process of fixing the incompatiblitys. We can expect a immediate bugfix release of "unrpyc". Just a few things left... (Like.. me pestering him with more bug reports.)
You sound like you expect this "learning python" will happen in a few months... with barely a few horus per week invested. Um, no. It's more like "See you in 2 years".
I very much appreciate you following up on the unrpyc decompile errors with the author. Maybe I don't need so many workarounds any more in future mod updates ;)

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I would add that even in 2 years you'll perhaps still not be able to fix the problem.

In a way, coding is like driving. It's not because you know how to drive a car, that you'll be able to drive a truck or a motorbike. There's even no guaranties that you'll be able to drive another car if one is automatic and not the other.
The basis are the same in all case, but the way you've to use them differ. And it's the same for coding. At first you learn how to do it, then how to apply this knowledge to a specific case.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
I very much appreciate you following up on the unrpyc decompile errors with the author. ...
You're welcome. :)
However to be truefull i profit all the same if this is finally resolved. I really like to be able to decompile the files and fix some stuff by myself and dont need to wait for the dev. And sometimes they fix stuff not even.

Slowly the unrpyc bugs have "nightmare" state reached for me... You think this is it and the next pops up. :cry:

State of things with unrpyc: By now we got 4 bugs fixed and now the decompiling breaks completely the game state of StS. No bug messages or errors, but unplayable. I hope you guys here could make test run with the current of unrpyc and describe the problem also from your POV.

I dont know how to the problem better understandable for the unrpyc dev. Hopefully one of you can shed light on it.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
You're welcome. :)
However to be truefull i profit all the same if this is finally resolved. I really like to be able to decompile the files and fix some stuff by myself and dont need to wait for the dev. And sometimes they fix stuff not even.

Slowly the unrpyc bugs have "nightmare" state reached for me... You think this is it and the next pops up. :cry:

State of things with unrpyc: By now we got 4 bugs fixed and now the decompiling breaks completely the game state of StS. No bug messages or errors, but unplayable. I hope you guys here could make test run with the current of unrpyc and describe the problem also from your POV.

I dont know how to the problem better understandable for the unrpyc dev. Hopefully one of you can shed light on it.
I would, if I knew how to get the ready-to-use un.rpyc out of this repository. I guess the un.rpyc v1.0.15 found under "Releases" is not the right one...

The last time I decompiled StS, I think I took the UnRen-v0.9-dev found in the first post of this thread. It worked the best and produced only bugs in files that I could either correct or did not use. However, it gave some strange codepage errors and could only be used in "dark" mode, redirecting the console output do dev nul, and even so it did not produce the native spanish dialog lines of the Consuela update. I had to program my own solution there.

What do you mean with "breaks the state"? I did not notice such a thing being not also there with the uncompiled game.

Edit: since the UnRen-v0.9-dev works best for me, and the un.rpyc from dev branch produces those state problems, maybe it's a way to identify the problem by comapring the rpy sources produced by the two.

Last edited:
Reactions: McJimbo

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
I would, if I knew how to get the ready-to-use un.rpyc out of this repository. I guess the un.rpyc v1.0.15 found under "Releases" is not the right one...
You don't need the "un.rpyc" to get the game scripts decompiled. You can simply use the "unrpyc.py" from the downloaded zip of the dev-branch like in the readme described.
Switch in a cmd window to the unpacked directory an run the code below on your dir with the rpyc files:

Python:
python2 unrypc.py /home/USERNAME/your_app/game/{scripts}
INFO: The autor released a new version with all the fixes:

... and the un.rpyc from dev branch produces those state problems, maybe it's a way to identify the problem by comapring the rpy sources produced by the two.
I looked already and there are just the bugfix changes i followed the last weeks along with. Its somewhere in there, but the code for decompiling all the stuff is a little bit heavy for me. I would need some time to get properly in there and understand what is what.

Try the game with the decompiled scripts in use and you should get the same problems i have. Its hard to describe - the game forgets stuff for savegames and for a new game some options dont open up or dont happen at all.

For example if i start a new game, i dont get the initial sister event(naming her) on the floor which happens always and for the mom its the same. With them missing i cannot get out of the house.

If i use a savegame, the game forgets divers things like Diane's house reverts back from the barn, or Eve's garage gets unavailable or different menu options are not available anymore... its like...completely broken.

EDIT: I added also all decompiled StS0.19.5 scripts for case some people want to test it with the content i got after unrypc did a run on it. Unpack and drop the "scripts dir" simply in the summerstimesaga /game/* directory.

Last edited:
Reactions: noway

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Python:
python2 unrypc.py /home/USERNAME/your_app/game/scripts
I guess for this I need python installed.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Um, yes. You have not? :oops:
You need python 2.7 to be precise. unrpyc is way behind the times.

However with all the code changes in the new release, you can also go with the version which uses RenPy to decompile the files. "Unrpyc" did have basically all the time two ways available to decompile the "rpyc files". Using the version which depends on RenPy(un.rpyc) give the same errors as the standalone variant(unrpyc.py).

I looked some into whats happening and i think the problems have something to do with the embeded python code for the FSM's. Somehow the machine state is not recognized/found anymore and so the triggers for game content do not execute.

Last edited:

falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
I'm a bit confused why "enable skipping of unseen content" is included in the "all of the above" option since that's usually something I definitely don't want, but this is still a nice tool. It seems to be possible to revert that option by deleting unren-skip.rpy after running the tool, which would be a nice bit of info to include in OP.

Max Headroom

pauper commilito CtSH
Sep 27, 2017
XP and Vista users might need this PowerShell update from Microsoft:
Yes I know support of Vista is discontinued and so I've got a 404 bad ending with that link.
Can someone pls help?

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Yes I know support of Vista is discontinued and so I've got a 404 bad ending with that link.
Can someone pls help?
Vista has had no security updates for almost 3 years. Dude...upgrade before your machine gets added to the giant ddos botnet.

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes