Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Thank you, I hope this fix goes into UnRen.bat, as it seems in another VN like there was a similar problem.
It will never goes into UnRen, because it can't goes into UnRen.

The RPYC signature corrector can eventually do it, because it's something generic that will always works. But in the same time, it's something needed for less than 1% of the games, which mean that it don't have it's place on UnRen ; it would confuse the users more than anything else.
As for the unrpa part, it's wrote specifically for this game, and have to be rewrote every time a new variation appear. And this make it not suitable for UnRen. Unlike RPYC files, there's absolutely no way to make an easy to use and totally reliable generic tool that can take care of all the possible alterations.

Reactions: bas and goobdoob

zmeydoom

Jan 2, 2018
It will never goes into UnRen, because it can't goes into UnRen.
Then let's put the question in a different way : is it possible to edit the script so that it unpacks all the RPA archives at once, because there are already more than ten of them in this version?

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Then let's put the question in a different way : is it possible to edit the script so that it unpacks all the RPA archives at once, because there are already more than ten of them in this version?
Those are different issues, so I'm not sure how that is putting "the question in a different way".

Is it possible? Yes. Is it needed? Maybe, if there are lots of rpa files that can be efficiently parallelized. But I don't know if it's worth it to do that.

Reactions: Keitaro420

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Sam Is 9.0 still unstable ...
Oh hell! I missed 9 major releases? Sam was really busy, hm...
Forbidden Fruit does not unpack - writes " unsupported format".
You don't say. ;)
Thats old news... It uses "RPA-4.0" identification, a simple "RPA-3.0" clone. Try it with rpakit from my sig.
Have fun.
... so that it unpacks all the RPA archives at once, because there are already more than ten of them in this version?
What? Huh? Do you want do unpack multiple RPA in a directory in one go? If yes, "rpakit" can this.

General info about the game "Rogue like":
Current version 0.990 has another obfuscation attempt in place and cannot be unpacked with any unarchiver atm. See
There is a image "without" name in the archive which python interprets wrongly as a dir and this throws correctly a directory (instead file) or permission error in every unarchiver. I try to find a solution.

Last edited:
Reactions: falafelswoop

kiryl

Oct 6, 2017
i have a problem. my unren stoped working two days ago. i dont know why but when i try to open it, it just blinks and nothing happens. menu wont appears. its strange becouse i try to use it like all the time before. maybe some help ? im useing win7 64bit

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Thats old news... It uses "RPA-4.0" identification, a simple "RPA-3.0" clone. Try it with rpakit from my sig.
Have fun.
It will not be enough, Forbidden Fruit also change the signature of the RPYC files.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
It will not be enough, Forbidden Fruit also change the signature of the RPYC files.
You're right. I forgot.
USers who want to edit the scripts needs to use a changed unrpyc.py.
Line 92 needs to be changed from
Code:
if raw_contents.startswith("RENPY RPC2"):
changed to
Code:
if raw_contents.startswith("MY_HEADER"):
This should do. Have fun.

Hm. I think we should/could have sorts of a master thread for games with "tricks". Holds the clutter and endless seeking/asking users from other threads. Thoughts?

Reactions: bas

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
USers who want to edit the scripts needs to use a changed unrpyc.py.
If at least there where a tool specifically designed for this... and why not a full packaged archive to deal with this game.

Oh wait... both exist... one is even linked in the previous page, and few more time during the last two weeks.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Hm. I think we should/could have sorts of a master thread for games with "tricks". Holds the clutter and endless seeking/asking users from other threads. Thoughts?
I like it. Make it so, Number 1! :p

Leynex

May 9, 2017
Most problem by using the "Unren.bat" is the Windows 10 "Command Problem"!
To fix the CMD-Window-Closing problem
try this

1. open your Registry: type "regedit"
2. go to: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor
Verry importent Make a Copie of the "AutoRun" Value!
3. now change the Value in line: AutoRun REG_SZ "BLAblaBla....." in to: AutoRun REG_SZ "0"
4. Right click on Desktop- press Refresh ---Done!
5. Use Unren.bat
6. After using go back to
-> Step 2. / 3. now restore the Value!
-> Step 4.---Don`t forget

So you be able to open the Unren.bat,
which you copied into the Game folder

Have Fun!!;)

---Many way´s take you to Rom---

Last edited:

zmeydoom

Jan 2, 2018
You don't say. ;)
Have fun.
What? Huh? Do you want do unpack multiple RPA in a directory in one go? If yes, "rpakit" can this.
"Windows cannot open this type of file .py"

kiryl

Oct 6, 2017
Most problem by using the "Unren.bat" is the Windows 10 "Command Problem"!
To fix the CMD-Window-Closing problem
try this

1. open your Registry: type "regedit"
2. go to: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor
3. now change the Value in line: AutoRun REG_SZ "BLAblaBla....." in to: AutoRun REG_SZ "0"

So you be able to open the Unren.bat,
which you copied into the Game folder

Have Fun!!;)
it worked ! big thanks for you bro :)

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
"Windows cannot open this type of file .py"
This does'nt tell us much. But i make a guess and say you did it wrong. No offense meant, but you should try to understand more about the basics of work with a PC. You will perhaps want to know more about
- using a CLI
- working with Python and executing related applications/scripts
All to find in the net. Have fun.

How does unren identify if we are in game's directory or not
In such a case you check for something what are guaranteed to be there. For Ren'Py this are a few directorys one level above the dir with the game files. Here, it seeks for /game /lib /renpy. The last 2 are always there, "game" nearly always.

Reactions: Beastnation

ive_got-problems

Mar 21, 2018
1585322773708.png

I keep getting this error when trying to unpack the rpa files in the game "Echoes of Lust". I'm using the latest version of unren posted here and still getting this error. Any ideas of what I may or may not be doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

Edit:

It works fine on other games, this seems to be the only one.

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes