Tool Ren'Py UnRenGUI, UnRen-forall(v9.4), UnRen-Powershell-forall(v9.4), UnRen-old

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Found another problematic game, it says it was made with 7.5.1, using ultimate v13:

SyntaxError: invalid syntax
+ Unpacking "base_images.rpa" - 76881404 bytes
File "S:\working\WorldsOfWonders-0.2.10-pc\rpatool.py", line 42
(offset, length, *var) = self.indexes[filename][0]
^
+ Unpacking "base_renders.rpa" - 2880957053 bytes
^
+ Unpacking "base_scripts.rpa" - 6363452 bytes
^
+ Unpacking "fonts.rpa" - 218616 bytes
^
+ Unpacking "gui_images.rpa" - 9041644 bytes

https://f95zone.to/threads/worlds-of-wonders-v0-2-10-its-danny.85358/

Edit: Powershell v8 just deletes the files.
Yes, I already know that, too, and even found the right solution. After work, I'll post it along with the rest of the corrections.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
But just why is it not there when running on linux? ...
Oh, i think i know that. :giggle: Perhaps, its the difference how python gets his path/stat/os infos in win or linux. Its simply from different modules for every OS for this mechanic.

If you look in the p(c)ython repo in the os.py you will possibly see that all the path stuff etc. comes from three different sources: "genericpath" module is for all os the same AFAIK, for posix its the "posixpath" and for windows(nt) its the "ntpath" module. They are mostly in C++ written and connect direct to the OS-kernel stuff. I think there are for some things different behaviors on the OS and we wonder then why the buffer value does block your error.
But thats just a guess. Could be something else.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Oh, i think i know that. :giggle: Perhaps, its the difference how python gets his path/stat/os infos in win or linux. Its simply from different modules for every OS for this mechanic.

If you look in the p(c)ython repo in the os.py you will possibly see that all the path stuff etc. comes from three different sources: "genericpath" module is for all os the same AFAIK, for posix its the "posixpath" and for windows(nt) its the "ntpath" module. They are mostly in C++ written and connect direct to the OS-kernel stuff. I think there are for some things different behaviors on the OS and we wonder then why the buffer value does block your error.
But thats just a guess. Could be something else.
In fact, the error I found is directly related to the buffer, but it really is deeper than this place.:BootyTime:

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Do you think you could make the output of the ultrahack scrollable? Occasionally I see an error fly by and there's no way to go back and see what it was.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Do you think you could make the output of the ultrahack scrollable? ...
That isn't something you do per app coding. Its a ability of your chosen terminal and if you run it in Windows cmd, you need to activate and configure it. See

I would advice to try the newer ( ). In it you can run windows batch, powershell or even bash!

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Do you think you could make the output of the ultrahack scrollable? Occasionally I see an error fly by and there's no way to go back and see what it was.
It really has nothing to do with the program. I calmly scroll through the information displayed, although I do not touch the CMD settings. You probably have a strange build of Windows, or vice versa, this is the problem of the original version. :unsure:
The instructions ща Madeddy should help.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
That isn't something you do per app coding. Its a ability of your chosen terminal and if you run it in Windows cmd, you need to activate and configure it. See

I would advice to try the newer ( ). In it you can run windows batch, powershell or even bash!
By the way, I recommend you to take the correction in line 89 of the util module. It is rather strange that the author wrote an object of the filter type to the array, instead of the results of executing this command. I assume that in python 2 it worked exactly this way, and in the third it is already necessary to pull the result through a List.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
By the way, I recommend you to take the correction in line 89 of the util module. It is rather strange that the author wrote an object of the filter type to the array, instead of the results of executing this command. I assume that in python 2 it worked exactly this way, and in the third it is already necessary to pull the result through a List.
For which error or such is this? I lost track of things... :giggle:
Edit: ... *some minutes later*
Found it....Oh this. Yeah, no need. You forgot probably that i changed this already in April 2021 as i did the py3 port(You helped even to tackle "the one" last bug i got left and couldn't figure out.). My change is different, but works all the same:

I removed the filter and lambda and made simply a list comprehension. I find it more clear. The link above has the complete py3 port in the first commit... maybe you compare and find some stuff you need.(?)

As of now my version of unrpyc works without anymore errors. I did even some more formatting and restructuring changes in the meantime. (Not in GH so far; i attached it if you want to take a look) Strangely you did have some errors in your version I've never seen. Or the users "made" them somehow.

Last edited:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
For which error or such is this? I lost track of things... :giggle:
Edit: ... *some minutes later*
Found it....Oh this. Yeah, no need. You forgot probably that i changed this already in April 2021 as i did the py3 port(You helped even to tackle "the one" last bug i got left and couldn't figure out.). My change is different, but works all the same:

I removed the filter and lambda and made simply a list comprehension. I find it more clear. The link above has the complete py3 port in the first commit... maybe you compare and find some stuff you need.(?)

As of now my version of unrpyc works without anymore errors. I did even some more formatting and restructuring changes in the meantime. (Not in GH so far; i attached it if you want to take a look) Strangely you did have some errors in your version I've never seen. Or the users "made" them somehow.
Well, I've picked up a few things, but mostly just various decorations.
As for the errors, for the most part the problem is in supporting all possible versions of RenPy, which even I couldn't cope with, I still had to make a separate version for RenPy 7.3 - because of the need for an additional key to run python on these engines, but on version 8 this key interfered with me(I don't remember now what exactly was the problem), after which I eventually had to divide into 2 versions.

dorito-kun

Jan 14, 2019
I don't know anything about programming I don't know anything about programming should I install python?

To be able to use the program?

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I don't know anything about programming I don't know anything about programming should I install python?

To be able to use the program?
The main tool does not require any installations. Even the PowerShell version, if you have Windows 7 with all updates or a newer version of the system.

Reactions: dorito-kun

dorito-kun

Jan 14, 2019
The main tool does not require any installations. Even the PowerShell version, if you have Windows 7 with all updates or a newer version of the system.
Can you tell me which one it is please?

It's just that I get lost in so many versions and I don't understand 1

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Can you tell me which one it is please?

It's just that I get lost in so many versions and I don't understand 1
The main version of the tool is UnRen-ultrahack, next the PowerShell version. The one signed as "Windowed" is only for people familiar with python. Old version for games running on the engine with version 7.3 and earlier. Usually the version of the game engine can be found in the file script_version.txt located in the "game" folder.

Reactions: dorito-kun

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Well, I've picked up a few things, but mostly just various decorations.
Did look through your dev branch: Just a note about the # noqa - its just so my linter dont bitches about this lines. If you have another you can remove it. But you probably guessed this already. Just to make sure... :cool:
As for the errors, for the most part the problem is in supporting all possible versions of RenPy, which even I couldn't cope with, I still had to make a separate version for RenPy 7.3...
I agree on the use of different versions. It helpes to avoid confusion and makes maintenance easier. The version for old renpy will at some point in the near future even be "final" and doesn't need work anymore. I hope Renpy 7.5 will also not really change anymore - one more problem less.

Reactions: VepsrP
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes