Tool Ren'Py UnRenGUI, UnRen-forall(v9.4), UnRen-Powershell-forall(v9.4), UnRen-old

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
I tested this on the rest of the game files. The game started without any problems. However, it is unknown whether something will appear during the progress. ...
Setting it to False inside dump is IMHO out of question. The comments there say its there for a reason. I think for now its enough to put the line at the begin of method print_atl_callback().

I thought about moving the whole function from __init__ to sl2decompiler because its the only place where its needed, however there could be problems with these linenumber switches in there. Looks like its takes the line numbers from sl2 and the others from init and count with it in some way where to put stuff.
...downloading the latest version of SummerTime Sega to test it. It was in this game that I periodically had problems similar to the current one. I'll see how the decompilation will go now.
I do this also with this game. Good for testing with much code and custom stuff. You should have fun. I did two day ago a test with a version from last year and got a error. A already known one. Our friend revertable is a back...this time "RevertabableList doesn't support append". I look some other day ...later in this... "argh"!
It's lovely, but in my opinion, too detailed.
Yeah, true. I try to figure out how to trace just part of the full code. :giggle:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Setting it to False inside dump is IMHO out of question. The comments there say its there for a reason. I think for now its enough to put the line at the begin of method print_atl_callback().
Therefore, I have not yet made a pull request and a new version of the tool, but only committed to dev.
I do this also with this game. Good for testing with much code and custom stuff. You should have fun.
Not so much fun, just one error and one custom class for styles.
I did two day ago a test with a version from last year and got a error. A already known one. Our friend revertable is a back...this time "RevertabableList doesn't support append". I look some other day ...later in this... "argh"!
The easiest way is to just add it to the Exception list.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Not so much fun, just one error and one custom class for styles.
The fun part was sarcasm... ;) I got 85 files out of 1300+ with the error...

The easiest way is to just add it to the Exception list.
Funny thing, i had the same thought. However then i thought does the string from if 'Revertable' in err.args[0]:
not catch this also?

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
The fun part was sarcasm... ;) I got 85 files out of 1300+ with the error...
That's what I'm saying, it's not fun.:BootyTime: Errors were somehow not enough, only one file was problematic. And even the game started without reporting problems in the lines of code.
Funny thing, i had the same thought. However then i thought does the string from if 'Revertable' in err.args[0]:
not catch this also?
There caught A specific type of exception, and they do not match. Unless you specify that it catches any Exceptions, then it will probably work.

Last edited:

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
I got 85 files out of 1300+ with the error...
Errors were somehow not enough, only one file was problematic. And even the game started without reporting problems in the lines of code.
Forget what i said about Summertimesaga and problems. I'm a idiot. :oops:
The game uses still v7.3.5 and i tryd to unpack it with my current unrpyc version, which does not support before v7.4...With the old official unrpyc v1.1.8 it works fine.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Forget what i said about Summertimesaga and problems. I'm a idiot. :oops:
The game uses still v7.3.5 and i tryd to unpack it with my current unrpyc version, which does not support before v7.4...With the old official unrpyc v1.1.8 it works fine.
I can understand why you don't have problems with the cp866 encoding, but it's strange that you didn't raise the warning in print_displayable. After all, the game has a custom Hover style. I thought you said you downloaded the game a year ago, maybe it wasn't there then. :unsure:

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
I can understand why you don't have problems with the cp866 encoding...
:ROFLMAO:
Yes, we don't use cyrillic very often you could say. Last time i had to deal with it was 90' in school. Up to this year it was a mandatory language in "East Germany" and i was bad at it.
but it's strange that you didn't raise the warning in print_displayable. After all, the game has a custom Hover style. I thought you said you downloaded the game a year ago, maybe it wasn't there then.
Old version i tested is v0-20-13 and yesterday i tested with the current v0-20-16. No decompiling problems with unrypc-v1.1.8. If you have problems, i think its either from your use of Renpy's Python or your changes for compatibility with newer Renpy causes this. Do you have the problem at decompiling or if you test the game with decompiled files?
--------------------------
A different thing: i got a idea to add to unrpyc a function to remove the old rpyc/rpymc files or backup them with their dir-struct somehow. This way you can instantly test the app with the decompiled files. What do you think about it? Useful or not?

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
:ROFLMAO:
Yes, we don't use cyrillic very often you could say. Last time i had to deal with it was 90' in school. Up to this year it was a mandatory language in "East Germany" and i was bad at it.
Old version i tested is v0-20-13 and yesterday i tested with the current v0-20-16. No decompiling problems with unrypc-v1.1.8. If you have problems, i think its either from your use of Renpy's Python or your changes for compatibility with newer Renpy causes this. Do you have the problem at decompiling or if you test the game with decompiled files?
--------------------------
A different thing: i got a idea to add to unrpyc a function to remove the old rpyc/rpymc files or backup them with their dir-struct somehow. This way you can instantly test the app with the decompiled files. What do you think about it? Useful or not?
No problem, Warning in print_displayable, for which I added line 285 in the sl2decompiler file.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Warning in print_displayable, for which I added line 285 in the sl2decompiler file.
Huh? There are only changes in space chars. You mean in line 351: last_keyword_line = -1 if keywords_by_line[-1][0] is None else keywords_by_line[-1][0] Or not?
In this case its no wonder i didn't get a error or warning for this. I changed this already with the py3 port in spring last year, but did forget to load it up.
  • My code is slightly different there:
  • I did consider two solutions as can be seen here:
This was from a py2 comparison between dfferent data types which in py3 where forbidden. I remember i was dissatisfied with both solutions but did not find any better code for the error.
-------------------------------------------
Found the reason/source(historical) for the at transform:parallel: problem: Once uppon a time we had a line_numbers argparse switch for easier comparing of code files... look at it, i think you will understand:

Last edited:

gigan

Engaged Member
Modder
Nov 7, 2017
hi guys,
i have a problem with the powershell version.It is the first time where i use it so i´m pretty sure that i make somewhere a mistake.I have tried to use it for the game Wicked Paradise but when i try to start the tool i become an error that he cannot locate the python folder.I have test it with a other game too but there comes the same error.I have extra downloaded the 32 and the 64 bit windows installer from python from .Maybe some of you guys have an idea.I attach you the error screen and a picture from the game folder

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Huh? There are only changes in space chars. You mean in line 351: last_keyword_line = -1 if keywords_by_line[-1][0] is None else keywords_by_line[-1][0] Or not?
Python:
displayable_names = {
        (behavior.OnEvent, None):           ("on", 0),
        (behavior.OnEvent, 0):              ("on", 0),
        (behavior.MouseArea, 0):            ("mousearea", 0),
        (behavior.MouseArea, None):         ("mousearea", 0),
        (ui._add, None):                    ("add", 0),
        (sld.sl2add, None):                 ("add", 0),
        (ui._hotbar, "hotbar"):             ("hotbar", 0),
        (sld.sl2vbar, None):                ("vbar", 0),
        (sld.sl2bar, None):                 ("bar", 0),
        (ui._label, "label"):               ("label", 0),
        (ui._textbutton, 0):                ("textbutton", 0),
        (ui._textbutton, "button"):         ("textbutton", 0),
        (ui._imagebutton, "image_button"):  ("imagebutton", 0),
        (im.image, "default"):              ("image", 0),
        (behavior.Input, "input"):          ("input", 0),
        (behavior.Timer, "default"):        ("timer", 0),
        (ui._key, None):                    ("key", 0),
        (text.Text, "text"):                ("text", 0),
        (layout.Null, "default"):           ("null", 0),
        (dragdrop.Drag, None):              ("drag", 1),
        (dragdrop.Drag, "drag"):            ("drag", 1),
        (motion.Transform, "transform"):    ("transform", 1),
        (ui._hotspot, "hotspot"):           ("hotspot", 1),
        (sld.sl2viewport, "viewport"):      ("viewport", 1),
        (behavior.Button, "button"):        ("button", 1),
        (layout.Window, "frame"):           ("frame", 1),
        (layout.Window, "window"):          ("window", 1),
        (dragdrop.DragGroup, None):         ("draggroup", 'many'),
        (ui._imagemap, "imagemap"):         ("imagemap", 'many'),
        (layout.Side, "side"):              ("side", 'many'),
        (layout.Grid, "grid"):              ("grid", 'many'),
        (sld.sl2vpgrid, "vpgrid"):          ("vpgrid", 'many'),
        (layout.MultiBox, "fixed"):         ("fixed", 'many'),
        (layout.MultiBox, "vbox"):          ("vbox", 'many'),
        (layout.MultiBox, "hbox"):          ("hbox", 'many'),
        (layout.NearRect, "default"):       ("nearrect", 0),
        (transform.Transform, "transform"): ("transform", 0),
        (store.DragDropZone, "fixed"):      ("fixed", 'many'),
        (store.MouseAnchor, "fixed"):       ("fixed", 'many'),
        (store.DropAreaTransform, "fixed"): ("fixed", 'many'),
        (store.FancyText, "text"):          ("text", 0),
        (store.DragMarker, "fixed"):        ("fixed", 'many'),
        (store.DragState, "fixed"):         ("fixed", 'many'),
        (store.icon.Icon, 0):               ("Icon", 'None'),
        (store.Hover, 'hover') :            ("hover", 1)

}
Right here. The last element. If remove or comment it, I get
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Found the reason/source(historical) for the at transform:parallel: problem: Once uppon a time we had a line_numbers argparse switch for easier comparing of code files... look at it, i think you will understand:
Well, in general, if I understood correctly, he just removed the option to run and made it permanent. But I still haven't figured out which such line he avoids in this way. No matter how many files I decompiled, I didn't notice any initial blank lines. :unsure:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
hi guys,
i have a problem with the powershell version.It is the first time where i use it so i´m pretty sure that i make somewhere a mistake.I have tried to use it for the game Wicked Paradise but when i try to start the tool i become an error that he cannot locate the python folder.I have test it with a other game too but there comes the same error.I have extra downloaded the 32 and the 64 bit windows installer from python from .Maybe some of you guys have an idea.I attach you the error screen and a picture from the game folder
I'm downloading the game. This will take some time.

gigan

Engaged Member
Modder
Nov 7, 2017
In general, PowerShell does not suffer from this, but try to remove all brackets and other unnecessary characters from the folder names, leave only letters and numbers.
yes.You have right.There is/was a problem with the folder name.Maybe the double folders or something in the folder name.I createt a new test folder on the desktop and i have put there all the game files and there was it working.I have now the choices.Thank you for the help

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Well, in general, if I understood correctly, he just removed the option to run and made it permanent. But I still haven't figured out which such line he avoids in this way. No matter how many files I decompiled, I didn't notice any initial blank lines. :unsure:
Thats correct. And this is always "True" now to avoid said blank lines, so we have none. But the thing is, how many such cases exist where we need skip_indent_until_write. Is it often so it makes sense to have this True by standard or is its just in some cases, so it would be better to switch it just then to True. This would get us also around the "at transform:" issue.
Right here. The last element. If remove or comment it, I get
Oh ok. I have this Warning also.
You added quit a few new elements there after (layout.MultiBox, "hbox"):. Are you sure its good to add every custom type of some dev? I mean they pop probably never again up somewhere else...

The other thing:
Like mentioned above, last year i did this code change to get around the issue in sl2 with the disallowed comparison of types in py3:

I looked again at this and must say, what cumbersome nonsense. The original is like e.g. if left > right:
In py2 we could compare between types and if the left side of a condition check has a int value above 0 and the right side is None, then the left side wins and the check is True. This means in py3 we can do this instead of my old code:
I think the new way is better.

yes.You have right.There is/was a problem with the folder name.
VepsrP This folder name thing with batch scripts should be mentioned in the opener thread of UNREN.

gigan

Engaged Member
Modder
Nov 7, 2017
This folder name thing with batch scripts should be mentioned in the opener thread of UNREN.
I use everytime when i download a game the game thread name and this is with the brackets for the folder name and this was causing this problem

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Oh ok. I have this Warning also.
You added quit a few new elements there after (layout.MultiBox, "hbox"):. Are you sure its good to add every custom type of some dev? I mean they pop probably never again up somewhere else...
Well, it is assumed that games after decompilation should start and work without problems. If you don't add it here, then how else to solve this problem?
VepsrP This folder name thing with batch scripts should be mentioned in the opener thread of UNREN.
What do you mean? it already says about non-ASCII characters in the path.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Well, it is assumed that games after decompilation should start and work without problems. If you don't add it here, then how else to solve this problem?
Yes. There should be some handling of this IMO, but not by adding every user defined displayable by hand if a new one pops up. Its a unending job. Could we not have a code functionality which handles all of them as they happen like with the message about user-statements? OR is this both the same...? I'm confused just now...

Edit: I added a few new ones and ordered the whole thing alphanumeric:
What do you mean? it already says about non-ASCII characters in the path.
Sure, but batch has also with legit ASCII signs problems. And e.g. parens are ASCII.... We discussed this a ~month ago in the original UnRen thread because users got problems. Did you forgot? Must be old age or so... :ROFLMAO: (Just making some fun...) https://f95zone.to/threads/unren-ba...sole-developer-menu-enabler.3083/post-9377401
And the 50 other posts before...

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes