Tool Ren'Py UnRenGUI, UnRen-forall(v9.4), UnRen-Powershell-forall(v9.4), UnRen-old

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Madeddy, we talked about the difference in file sizes after compilation and decompilation, that both one and the other can be large, depending on the conditions. And how would you like a dump that weighs less than any of the previous files? This is the first time I have met this. Moreover, decompilation at the same time occurs more or less normally. :unsure:
The game is called - Love & Sex: Second Base, if you're interested. File - game\cl\class_hero.rpyc

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
The game is called - Love & Sex: Second Base, if you're interested. File - game\cl\class_hero.rpyc
Hm, i take a look. I noticed it already in the other thread but assumed its a simple game/mod bug. (I just update this post later probably - if nothing was posed after it)

Reactions: VepsrP

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Yes. There should be some handling of this IMO, but not by adding every user defined displayable by hand if a new one pops up. Its a unending job. Could we not have a code functionality which handles all of them as they happen like with the message about user-statements? OR is this both the same...? I'm confused just now...
Well, I don't know any other ways. There really is automatic processing, even when a warning occurs, but not in all cases an automatic solution is suitable. So far, this is the simplest solution that I know of, but it requires that the file in which the handler of these styles is registered be decompiled.
Sure, but batch has also with legit ASCII signs problems. And e.g. parens are ASCII.... We discussed this a ~month ago in the original UnRen thread because users got problems. Did you forgot? Must be old age or so... :ROFLMAO: https://f95zone.to/threads/unren-ba...sole-developer-menu-enabler.3083/post-9377401
And the 50 other posts before...
Well, I know that special characters are also part of ASCII, but I did not change this place, leaving it as it was originally. I'm not sure how to write it so that it is clear and concise enough.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
...but not in all cases an automatic solution is suitable. So far, this is the simplest solution that I know of, but it requires that the file in which the handler of these styles is registered be decompiled.
Yeah, i understand. I just hoped there could be something to make it simpler. :unsure: A pity...
I'm not sure how to write it so that it is clear and concise enough.
Just some line about sticking to letters,numbers, underlines and minus signs in the path. Avoid parens, exclamation, quotes etc. Lets get come back some other day or later to this. scratching-head-smiley-emoticon.gif First the other stuff.
I needed first for the last hour to repair a bug i put in my unrpyc because i overlooked a minus sign... SOoo, whats wrong there with this class_hero file? Attached mine. Game runs, i skipped a lot ahead without bugs.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I needed first for the last hour to repair a bug i put in my unrpyc because i overlooked a minus sign... SOoo, whats wrong there with this class_hero file? Attached mine. Game runs, i skipped a lot ahead without bugs.
That's right, I have too, but something is going wrong with a person, and it has something to do with the translation of the game, until I realized how. But I wrote to you specifically about the dump. The file with the code weighs 12 kb, the compiled code weighs 7, but the dump is only 3 kb. This is the first ever such a small dump. :unsure:

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
... but something is going wrong with a person, and it has something to do with the translation of the game.... I wrote to you specifically about the dump. The file with the code weighs 12 kb, the compiled code weighs 7, but the dump is only 3 kb. ...
Ohhhh..., sorry. I did not understand what it is with the dump, till now. We talking still about the class_hero.rpyc from "cl" dir, or? I try it...

Hmm. My dump is 12,8KiB.

noidea-tomandjerry.gif

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Reactions: Stil996

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
And this is my dump
Uh... You could say, your dump is rather dumb. :cool:
You could go and compare your astdump and the other related mechanic with the one form my version. Perhaps there is the culprit to see.
The Ultrahack isn't supposed to care about renpy version right?
Wrong.
Explained in the opener thread, in thick red letters, in the last line. Using the thread search for "site", would also dig up some posts with exact the same problem. Your game is probably Renpy 7.3 or older...

Edit: Whops, he was faster.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
You could go and compare your astdump and the other related mechanic with the one form my version. Perhaps there is the culprit to see.
That's exactly what I did earlier, I took over all the important changes from you, but it didn't affect the dump output in any way. :unsure:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017

Wrong.
Explained in the opener thread, in thick red letters, in the last line. Using the thread search for "site", would also dig up some posts with exact the same problem. Your game is probably Renpy 7.3 or older...

Edit: Whops, he was faster.
I've dealt with the dump. There was no unicode string support for the second python, so it output them as <nicode>.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
There was no unicode string support for the second python...
Yeah, i thought as much. Something small, with big consequences.
Just to be sure there is not another such little bug, you should again compare my branch of the py3 port with your version. Every difference between this versions is either some of your additional code or a missed py3-compat code part. Just saying...

p.s. Did you notice the activity in the unrpyc repo? He just commented shortly and left a message about state.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Yeah, i thought as much. Something small, with big consequences.
Just to be sure there is not another such little bug, you should again compare my branch of the py3 port with your version. Every difference between this versions is either some of your additional code or a missed py3-compat code part. Just saying...

p.s. Did you notice the activity in the unrpyc repo? He just commented shortly and left a message about state.
Nah, just if i do as you do, then a mistake comes out.:BootyTime: There's an engine on 2 python. Only a comparison with the original version helped solve the problem.
The problem was the too fast transition to python 3 and the loss of compatibility with the second. I've seen this code in the dump before, but I thought it should be like this.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Using system's python and latest UncensoredName version is just fine decompiling that game... I just wondering if its okay with the VepsrP version on windows...
Edit: did you mean my script? it is on :
Listen, do you have a page on this site with your version of the tool? Or just this site. I'm just thinking of adding a link to you in the OP, as an option for Mac and Linux.
And yes, I keep forgetting to say. As I understand it, your script immediately sends all the files found for decompilation, unlike mine, most likely because of this, the code did not always work correctly, because by me everything is built on single-file processing.
But that's not the most important thing. The most important thing is that you have a lot of extra files, for example from the renpy\common folder. Which leads to unnecessary script work. Perhaps it is worth limiting the search circle.

dikau

Dec 16, 2019
Listen, do you have a page on this site with your version of the tool? Or just this site. I'm just thinking of adding a link to you in the OP, as an option for Mac and Linux.
So that git initially is just for a backup for my self, because when I started to work on that script I was at work and using my office laptop :ROFLMAO: , that's why I don't use github (don't want to conflate with my works)...

So, anyway, you can just link it to this thred: UnRen for MacOS and Linux v0.8.2, because that is where I posted my script... you can just link that thread and I'm fine with that... (people can troubleshoot there and I will do my best to help at least until the owner of thread updated it)

And yes, I keep forgetting to say. As I understand it, your script immediately sends all the files found for decompilation, unlike mine, most likely because of this, the code did not always work correctly, because by me everything is built on single-file processing.
But that's not the most important thing. The most important thing is that you have a lot of extra files, for example from the renpy\common folder. Which leads to unnecessary script work. Perhaps it is worth limiting the search circle.
I'm still processing this, so sorry if I don't get it right.... Because I don't do anything that add any extra files... My script is just really using your unrpyc version (from github) and calling the game's python and execute that python with that unrypc...
So can you elaborate it more? especially the things with renpy\common?

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes