Tool Ren'Py UnRenGUI, UnRen-forall(v9.4), UnRen-Powershell-forall(v9.4), UnRen-old

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

OtstrelDebilov

You should work better
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2017
I created this topic to simplify updating and maintaining the tool, so that people no longer have to search for the current version among the messages.
I am also ready to present a version of the tool with a graphical interface. Like the main tool, this version comes in two variants.

Here is a link Unren by Sam to the original topic, the tool was not invented by me, I'm just trying to keep it up-to-date as much as possible. You can also see there that for about the last six months I have been trying to keep this tool in operation.
Here is a link to repo if anyone is interested.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Known Issues:
- Having parentheses and some other special characters in your folder path may cause issues.
Attention. The name of the tool indicates the minimum version of RenPy required for working. The version can be found in the file "game/script_version.txt"
My mod supports only Windows, for Linux and Mac you can go to this thread and search for messages from dikau.
[/ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]
T
I created this topic to simplify updating and maintaining the tool, so that people no longer have to search for the current version among the messages.
I am also ready to present a version of the tool with a graphical interface. Like the main tool, this version comes in two variants.

Here is a link Unren by Sam to the original topic, the tool was not invented by me, I'm just trying to keep it up-to-date as much as possible. You can also see there that for about the last six months I have been trying to keep this tool in operation.
Here is a link to repo if anyone is interested.
Known Issues:
- Having parentheses and some other special characters in your folder path may cause issues.
Attention. The name of the tool indicates the minimum version of RenPy required for working. The version can be found in the file "game/script_version.txt"
My mod supports only Windows, for Linux and Mac you can go to this thread and search for messages from dikau.
Thank you sir. After 4 hours of breaking my mind I find your tool and did it!

Reactions: VepsrP

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Bash:
olli@tty2*blue $ python3 /home/olli/Code/Git/unrpyc/unrpyc.py --try-harder ~/Downloads/customgui.rpyc
Decompiling /home/olli/Downloads/customgui.rpyc to /home/olli/Downloads/customgui.rpy...
Attempting to deobfuscate file:
strategy extract_slot_rpyc success
strategy extract_slot_legacy failed: Legacy format did not contain a zlib blob
strategy extract_slot_headerscan success
strategy extract_slot_zlibscan failed: Zlibscan did not find enough chunks
performed a round of decrypt_zlib
Decompilation of 1 script file successful.
This gives us a 90Bytes file with content:
Code:
return

# Decompiled by unrpyc_v1.2.0-alpha: https://github.com/CensoredUsername/unrpyc
The "return" command be some standard thing he(unrpyc) spits out if nothing else is there and the other line at end is a unrpyc "final" info line which isn't originally in the file. A 0 byte file like you both essentially said, could be right.
You're not good at decompiling. :BootyTime: There are at least as many as 19 lines of code. But there is little point in decompiling this code. As always, the compiled custom GUI does not contain important information, without which it does not want to work.:HideThePain:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Code:
(8, 0, 3)
and it was like 99% successful decompile except for the one file that didnt decompile "customgui.rpyc"

edit
unless dev had a 0 byte file called customgui.rpy that he made compiled with the game release then he went and deleted all the rpy's leaving only rpyc's and customgui is actually unused?
Just ignore this file. It is better if it remains as it is, because it is loaded with the compiler from the old version of RenPy and also does not contain some of the necessary information.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
You're not good at decompiling. :BootyTime:...
For someone who did just take a surprise 6 week vacation from his UnRen job you're really cheeky like hell.
It was time you got back to work you script monkey! ;)

Did you make already some code from all the RenPy changes which affect unrpyc etc.?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
For someone who did just take a surprise 6 week vacation from his UnRen job you're really cheeky like hell.
It was time you got back to work you script monkey! ;)

Did you make already some code from all the RenPy changes which affect unrpyc etc.?
Nah, I've shelved this case, but maybe I'll get back to my attempts soon. But I found a way to unpack archives without having to calculate indexes and stuff on my own, I hope this will help with unpacking "Wife Hannah" for a long time. :HideThePain: In general, I was away for so long because I didn't receive notifications about new messages in the thread.:unsure: Only yesterday I saw that there are a whole bunch of problems.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
In general, I was away for so long because I didn't receive notifications about new messages in the thread.:unsure: Only yesterday I saw that there are a whole bunch of problems.
The same for me. Watching is ignored or you get no notices for some reason... Happens IMO when you look for a number of days not in a thread.
I've shelved this case...
Yeah, likewise. I see also no reason to look into it before they release the new RenPy. In the end we do the work again if they change even more.

p.s. I noticed all changes of this year on UnRen are not gone to your github... Any reason?

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
The same for me. Watching is ignored or you get no notices for some reason... Happens IMO when you look for a number of days not in a thread.

Yeah, likewise. I see also no reason to look into it before they release the new RenPy. In the end we do the work again if they change even more.

p.s. I noticed all changes of this year on UnRen are not gone to your github... Any reason?
I can only say about the latest updates. I did them on a reinstalled system, I haven't set up git yet.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
So, here's an enhancement suggestion. Currently, the "extract" (and, of course, the "extract and decompile") options automatically do ALL the .rpa files. When I'm poking around, frequently I really only want to extract and decompile the scripts. I'd rather just leave the images and other stuff alone. Obviously, if it's one big archive.rpa, that'd be hard, but many games do images, scripts and other stuff separately.

Right now, if there's a scripts.rpa and all I want is to do that one, what I have to do is to move all the other .rpa files somewhere else, use UnRen, and then put those files back. It'd be nice if there was a way to choose which files to operate on. This might be part of "Extract and Decompile" - if you're doing that, it's possible that all you care about is the scripts.

Just my $0.02 worth on a very nice tool.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Twistty

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
When I'm poking around, frequently I really only want to extract and decompile the scripts. I'd rather just leave the images and other stuff alone.
I agree. :unsure: Actually i also did have a similar thought sometime two years back or so because of modders needs.
I think a simple submenu with choices what exactly to unpack from the RPA files would do the trick...?
e.g.:
Choose the number of what you want to unpack from the archives:
  1. Scripts
  2. Images
  3. Video
  4. Audio
  5. All

VepsrP could in his GUI version even do a function with tick-boxes or like this. Perhaps this could save us even the "Unpack and decompile" option.
Just my $0.02 worth ...
Not at all. I, for one, appreciate sharing ideas, even if I end up disagreeing. You never know where it will lead.

Greets

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
So, here's an enhancement suggestion. Currently, the "extract" (and, of course, the "extract and decompile") options automatically do ALL the .rpa files. When I'm poking around, frequently I really only want to extract and decompile the scripts. I'd rather just leave the images and other stuff alone. Obviously, if it's one big archive.rpa, that'd be hard, but many games do images, scripts and other stuff separately.

Right now, if there's a scripts.rpa and all I want is to do that one, what I have to do is to move all the other .rpa files somewhere else, use UnRen, and then put those files back. It'd be nice if there was a way to choose which files to operate on. This might be part of "Extract and Decompile" - if you're doing that, it's possible that all you care about is the scripts.

Just my $0.02 worth on a very nice tool.
With the way the script works now, this is not possible. The python script searches for archives, and bash only passes the path to the "game" folder. As for entering the name of the archive through console, I definitely don't want to deal with this anymore on bash, last time I almost burned out while solving all the problems related to this. :HideThePain: Unless all users switch to the PowerShell version and I don't have to suffer anymore. In the meantime, I prefer the same functionality on different versions of the tool.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
I definitely don't want to deal with this anymore on bash, last time I almost burned out while solving all the problems related to this. :HideThePain: Unless all users switch to the PowerShell version and I don't have to suffer anymore...
I thought in the past already you have too much versions. I would just focus on one of them and be done. :coffee: Just use the one which is most compatible, stable and maintainable for you.

SLDisplayable object has None type keyword. :HideThePain:
I noticed and wondered... A custom type from the dev with rule breaking characteristics? i mean:
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'linenumber'
A "ast" element shouldn't be like this.
Oh, you're fast. Good job! (y)

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes