Tool Ren'Py UnRenGUI, UnRen-forall(v9.4), UnRen-Powershell-forall(v9.4), UnRen-old

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Did i describe this so bad? :oops:
Thats not about some error from a specific user. What i describe is a general bug and how to trigger it. On my system at least.
Quotes becoming part of the string is only correct if you SET a variable. I am talking about calling it, where the quotes are needed if the variable string contains white space characters. See:
Having no closing quotes on a var is like a missing python closing parens. Example from UnRen:

I have no proof so far, but i believe this could be the reason for all the problems with special chars in the path name.
Really? My editors search function does this for me.
Line 213, 238, 351: cd %gamedir% or cd %currentdir% - no quotes
Line 307: cd "%gamedir%" - quotes
Which variant is the correct one? With or without quotes? I believe WITH quotes is it. The orginal UnRen uses just two times unquoted var calls (titel and titel echo lines) and there where not much problems with the app back in the days...

(All echo lines from 312-342 have also %gamedir% in use, but i think they're unimportant for the correct function.)
Yes, I have now seen, indeed, somewhere has quotes, and somewhere not. I prefer not to touch it, especially considering that almost all special characters work anyway, except for parentheses and some other too specific ones. As for the absence of closing quotes, perhaps now they do not affect, in any way, but previously the presence of such affected the final appearance of the resulting string, again, I do not touch it while it works.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
For me was important you have knowledge about my discoveries and thoughts regarding the problems/bugs we encountered. I did just not want this to go unnoticed, so my time was not totally wasted. I'm now fine with it.
...I prefer not to touch it, especially considering that almost all special characters work...
Almost all working would not enough for me, but you're the maintainer of this app so it's your call. :)

ddf

Jun 27, 2017
I created this topic to simplify updating and maintaining the tool, so that people no longer have to search for the current version among the messages.
Hi!

First of all - thank you a lot for the tool.

I was using UnRen-forall.bat v8.6 and was getting the following error:

Code:
Fatal Python error: init_fs_encoding: failed to get the Python codec of the filesystem encoding
Python runtime state: core initialized
LookupError: no codec search functions registered: can't find encoding
I've looked up for some help and according to advice deleted setting of PYTHONHOME:
Code:
set "PYTHONHOME=%pythondir%"
if exist "lib\pythonlib2.7" (
    set "PYTHONPATH=%cd%\lib\pythonlib2.7"
) else if exist "lib\python2.7" (
    set "PYTHONPATH=%cd%\lib\python2.7"
) else if exist "lib\python3.9" (
    set "PYTHONPATH=%cd%\lib\python3.9"
)
and it worked just fine (except that .bat file exits after decompiling rpy files).
On discuss.python.org it was mentioned that setting PYTHONHOME is usually not necessarily.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
I've looked up for some help and according to advice deleted setting of PYTHONHOME:
and it worked just fine (except that .bat file exits after decompiling rpy files).
On discuss.python.org it was mentioned that setting PYTHONHOME is usually not necessarily.
Questions is what your system stats are regarding this. Which encoding and language/alphabet do you use?

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Hi!

First of all - thank you a lot for the tool.

I was using UnRen-forall.bat v8.6 and was getting the following error:

Code:
Fatal Python error: init_fs_encoding: failed to get the Python codec of the filesystem encoding
Python runtime state: core initialized
LookupError: no codec search functions registered: can't find encoding
Code:
set "PYTHONHOME=%pythondir%"
if exist "lib\pythonlib2.7" (
    set "PYTHONPATH=%cd%\lib\pythonlib2.7"
) else if exist "lib\python2.7" (
    set "PYTHONPATH=%cd%\lib\python2.7"
) else if exist "lib\python3.9" (
    set "PYTHONPATH=%cd%\lib\python3.9"
)
Is this a mistake in all games (on all engines) or is it a one-time promotion?

ddf

Jun 27, 2017
Is this a mistake in all games (on all engines) or is it a one-time promotion?
To be honest, I'm not sure about it.

In the past, I might have different UnRen errors, some of which were fixed by Windows restart or copying missing files to the lib folder of the game.

Usually, I have no problem using UnRen.

This time I encountered this error in Returning to Mia Ep.9.
I don't know if I could fix it by restart and if I would get this error in another game at the moment.
I was able to unpack rpa files, but was stuck while decoding rpy ones.

So, it was a solution I used.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
To be honest, I'm not sure about it.

In the past, I might have different UnRen errors, some of which were fixed by Windows restart or copying missing files to the lib folder of the game.

Usually, I have no problem using UnRen.

This time I encountered this error in Returning to Mia Ep.9.
I don't know if I could fix it by restart and if I would get this error in another game at the moment.
I was able to unpack rpa files, but was stuck while decoding rpy ones.

So, it was a solution I used.
Unfortunately, I didn't download the full version, it weighs too much, but there is a compressed one, with source or decompiled script files. Also, I have no problems unpacking or decompiling it.

ddf

Jun 27, 2017
Unfortunately, I didn't download the full version, it weighs too much, but there is a compressed one, with source or decompiled script files. Also, I have no problems unpacking or decompiling it.
At first I tried with compressed one and had the same error (could be some older compressed version, as I see errors is code).
I encountered the issue and wanted to share a solution.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
At first I tried with compressed one and had the same error (could be some older compressed version, as I see errors is code).
I encountered the issue and wanted to share a solution.
The problem with the solution is that in some versions of the engine (or games) these two variables are needed, it does not work without them, while in other games and engines neither I nor most other users have such an error and variables do not interfere. There is probably another way to solve the problem, but unfortunately, if I can't reproduce the error, it's hard to even figure out where to look for a solution.

Reactions: ddf

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
...but unfortunately, if I can't reproduce the error, it's hard to even figure out where to look for a solution.
Maybe in some users cases, these variables already set, e.g. by a native python install and if you do it again there is a conflict.

Also, ddf didn't answer my question above. I was curious if he has a special setup.

ddf

Jun 27, 2017
Maybe in some users cases, these variables already set, e.g. by a native python install and if you do it again there is a conflict.

Also, ddf didn't answer my question above. I was curious if he has a special setup.
That was quite specific question.
I didn't get what you've been asking about alphabet or stats.

Tacito

Forum Fanatic
Jul 15, 2017
There is a problem decompiling this game , Ren'Py 8.1.0.23042213
https://f95zone.to/threads/interstellar-harem-2023_week23-lithelike-studio.163132/

After decompiling I have these errors
Code:
File "game/Tutorials.rpy", line 22: expected '=' not found.
    default action SetLocalVariable("lineIdx", lineIdx+1)
                   ^
File "game/Tutorials.rpy", line 43: expected '=' not found.
                   ^
File "game/Tutorials.rpy", line 83: expected '=' not found.
                   ^
File "game/UtilityScreens.rpy", line 39: expected '=' not found.
    default action Return()
                   ^
File "game/script.rpy", line 1093: expected '=' not found.
    default action Return()
                   ^
File "game/script.rpy", line 1525: expected '=' not found.
    default action Return()
                   ^
File "game/script.rpy", line 2058: expected '=' not found.
    default action Return()
                   ^
If I add = in rpy file seems to work , but the game freezes at this point
Freeze.jpg

If I replace original Tutorials.rpyc it works without problem.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: VepsrP

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
There is a problem decompiling this game , Ren'Py 8.1.0.23042213
https://f95zone.to/threads/interstellar-harem-2023_week23-lithelike-studio.163132/

After decompiling I have these errors
Code:
File "game/Tutorials.rpy", line 22: expected '=' not found.
                   ^
File "game/Tutorials.rpy", line 43: expected '=' not found.
                   ^
File "game/Tutorials.rpy", line 83: expected '=' not found.
                   ^
File "game/UtilityScreens.rpy", line 39: expected '=' not found.
    default action Return()
                   ^
File "game/script.rpy", line 1093: expected '=' not found.
    default action Return()
                   ^
File "game/script.rpy", line 1525: expected '=' not found.
    default action Return()
                   ^
File "game/script.rpy", line 2058: expected '=' not found.
    default action Return()
                   ^
If I add = in rpy file seems to work , but the game freezes at this point
View attachment 2690695

If I replace original Tutorials.rpyc it works without problem.

I updated tools, it seems that the game did not report any more problems, there are no more freezes at this stage.

DarkAssassin

I, for one, welcome our new android overlords.
Modder
Donor
Nov 2, 2017
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Tacito

Forum Fanatic
Jul 15, 2017
tried it already. tried all actually and this folder should not be empty. it contains 200mb worth of renders I think.
I tried also this

and rpatool
Same errors , folder Cap 5 Empty ... missed images
But for sure there are images inside :)
pippo.jpg pippo1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
hey man! can you try this game and check please?
There is a space at the end of name of the last folder. I do not know in which system the game was created, on Windows it will not allow you to put a space at the beginning or end of the folder or file name. The problem is not in the unpacker, but in this folder. Perhaps it happened by accident, or perhaps it is such a protection against unpacking. :unsure:

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes