Tool Ren'Py UnRenGUI, UnRen-forall(v9.4), UnRen-Powershell-forall(v9.4), UnRen-old

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Afterlife Harem [v0.4.2] [Aph] ... it reports an error and didn't unpack anything
Its a bit big with 5.7GB to DL just for a small check i need to do... Could you open a RPA of this game with a simple editor in text view mode and cite the first line? Should look somewhat like this: RPA-3.0 000000000011a299 42424242

Generally, old Unren can unpack even rencent RPAs.
The RPA format (RPA3) of Ren'Py changed for 15 years(or so) not and if the game-dev didn play with it, every RPA unpacker should be able to unpack. There are three full unpackers out there:
  • : Py2/3, badly extensible, used in UnRen, mostly unmaintained (not much to maintain anyway; got 2 years ago a IMHO weird py3 update)
  • : Py3 only, good extensible, for 5 years unmaintained but works
  • : Py3 only, good extensible
Extensibility refers to the ability to add the data for unpacking a manipulated RPA format.

It still requires just python 3.
I want just to clear a small misunderstanding.
  • unrpyc v2.x.x = Ren'Py 8 with Python 3 (new main app variant as Ren'Py v7.7.x is AFAIK the last version with python 2)
  • unrpyc v1.3.x = Ren'Py 7 and below with Python 2 (legacy app variant for support of old stuff)

Last edited:
Reactions: Twistty and GioBol

Lordfugi

Aug 31, 2022
Screenshot 2024-05-24 080353.png

From outside the forum looks so old. I think that I have no desire to enter the forum at all. Since this is an old forum based on the current date. Which tends to stop me from entering this forum, but of course I also need new software, so I've started looking. I don't know why, if it's just me, but anything that's outdated gives me goosebumps. :rolleyes::cool::coffee:

Prezcot

Aug 7, 2019
Hello Everyone, I had an old version of Unren I downloaded a couple of years back and I used to use that most of the time to decompile the python files (specifically the screens.py file) to edit a bit of code (notify timer). However, after downloading the latest version it seems to not detect the screens.rpyb files which are in the folder. I see that its searching for rpyc files but I didn't have this problem before.

I'm not sure which version I had before but i'm trying to find it. Am I missing something? Do I not even need the old version?
If anyone has the old version could they please post it or even direct me towards an archive?

joelurmel

Nov 3, 2022
My_Cute_Roommate_2-1.1.05280 breaks when opening the game.
You have to go at road search number find...
More seriously, post the traceback.txt if you want help. If you don't have, it's probably because your game is corrupt.
Do a new download and check without any mod's.
And this should go in the game thread, not here !

master861

Nov 4, 2022
If you got python 3 installed local you can us unrpyc v2.x.x even with renpy 7 games , if you us the intern python version from the renpy 7 games of curse it dont work.
her is are exemple for couples the game this game use Renpy 7.0.0.
Install unrpyc in are location you can remember then make sure you installed python3 local
her are screenshots how i installed unrpyc.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Now the command for python3 us powershell or cmd what ever you whant.
python E:\decompcab\unrpyc.py E:\novel_games\Couples-0.22-pc\game\options.rpyc

master861

Nov 4, 2022
Is there a GUI version posted anywhere?
Ther is are gui out but that used rpatool not rpakit but i thing you can change that if you know c#.

this gui can even display some of the content in the rpa archive like wepm movies and avi videos and of curse all imgs formats.

Reactions: Twistty

master861

Nov 4, 2022
for me its not empy i dit used rpa explorer as you can see on the screenshots.
1719841114495.png
1719841138146.png
I checked rpakit.py and rpatool.py both python files can not handle the archive from this game for what ever reason because rpaexplorer use rpatool.py to only that it use are dif key for the rpa archives.
I know why both py files can not handle that because look at the name of the archive.
misc_images.rpa //if you extract that its called images mr. dots was clever he used rpatool to pack it like this rpatool.py -c misc_images.rpa images

Last edited:

Helzing

May 18, 2019
You have to go at road search number find...
More seriously, post the traceback.txt if you want help. If you don't have, it's probably because your game is corrupt.
Do a new download and check without any mod's.
And this should go in the game thread, not here !

By the way, there are no bugs in the game, the game gives an error because unren is bugging it. Example: screen choice(items, kind=None): screen choice(items, kind): (=None ) problem kapiş.......

Last edited:

master861

Nov 4, 2022
Its a bit big with 5.7GB to DL just for a small check i need to do... Could you open a RPA of this game with a simple editor in text view mode and cite the first line? Should look somewhat like this: RPA-3.0 000000000011a299 42424242

The RPA format (RPA3) of Ren'Py changed for 15 years(or so) not and if the game-dev didn play with it, every RPA unpacker should be able to unpack. There are three full unpackers out there:
  • : Py2/3, badly extensible, used in UnRen, mostly unmaintained (not much to maintain anyway; got 2 years ago a IMHO weird py3 update)
  • : Py3 only, good extensible, for 5 years unmaintained but works
  • : Py3 only, good extensible
Extensibility refers to the ability to add the data for unpacking a manipulated RPA format.

I want just to clear a small misunderstanding.
  • unrpyc v2.x.x = Ren'Py 8 with Python 3 (new main app variant as Ren'Py v7.7.x is AFAIK the last version with python 2)
  • unrpyc v1.3.x = Ren'Py 7 and below with Python 2 (legacy app variant for support of old stuff)
I thing i know what you looking for yes ther is another key used for that game because the line looks like this :
RPA-3.0 00000000009d0b28 42424242 that is 100% not the commen rpa3 key

joelurmel

Nov 3, 2022
By the way, there are no bugs in the game, the game gives an error because unren is bugging it. Example: screen choice(items, kind=None): screen choice(items, kind): (=None ) problem kapiş.......
There is no problem to unren it with the 9.4 version!
It's just because the "kind" variable are not defined by default (bug/omission from the dev...)
This error is just hidden when the script is still in the rpa archive.
Save the attached file as ...\MCR2-1.1.05280extra-pc\game

Last edited:
Reactions: Twistty
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes