Ren'Py - Completed - Unveiling the Unknown [v1.1.0] [TwistedScarlett60]

1. 4.00 star(s)

ixcez

Update/edited: v.1.1.0
    Now that the game is completed there has been some changes so I'll update this review.

First off the good is still that the art is spectacular and each character is well made, it has some nice music and you could pretty much say it uses a futa MC, though you can pick your gender your pretty much a futa in all of them. It really feels like a lot of detail has gone into the sex aspect of the game and it's interesting to see how a single scene can be used differently depending on the zooming in or out of that scene which I haven't seen in many other games. A minor downside however, most likely because of the art quality, is the fact that many images are used several times.

The story is a bit unclear for the moment since the setting is pretty much that the MC is part of the hero lineage but the older brother is the hero, being the hero allows him to use divine power from the goddess as long as he stays a virgin, while the MC is weak and fragile without much power. On top of this are the battle maids that follows the hero family and foremost the hero into the dungeon and onto the battlefield, they are also for now seemingly the love interests and a large part of the story and game focus seems to be to NTR them away from the hero. The story has become more fleshed out but at the same time even though the game is "completed" it still seems like there are some loose ends and several characters that needs to be more fleshed out and the ending feels very abrupt to be honest and the post game is mostly just endless grind in the dungeon for the most part. Only 2 characters at the moment have a "what if" scene that functions a bit off an epilogue scene in my opinion while most of the characters don't have an "epilogue" scene or something that gives an actual ending to their story in my mind.

I would still say that the bad part of the game is the combat system and things associated to it at the moment is the bad part of the game since there really isn't much to go on here yet with the combat being a large part of the game and having to do it a lot but there isn't much depth to it outside of just clicking on the screen to fight and progress in the dungeon then get loot for your effort, use loot to upgrade so you can fight better and earn more loot and/or buy outfits and gifts for the maids then rinse and repeat each day.

There is also an option to dive into a tougher dungeon called X that just get's offered at some point and while I probably missed it I didn't understand that diving into the harder dungeon would reset all my progress in the form of upgrades and levels. Which wasn't exactly funny.

In short the game is great when it comes to the story, though I still think it feels a bit unfinished when it comes to the majority of main cast and I don't understand why more new characters are added instead of fleshing out the characters that are already in the game. The sex scenes are great, especially the art. While the gameplay is not very good in my mind.

Still this is a very good game in my mind that would get a 4.5 out of 5 if it was possible.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Minaguchi

I love this game its perfect, Art is so good, cutscenes are hot af, story is not so bad but we are all here for the "plot" anyway but yeah xD. Futa MC is sexy too and i hope we get that update this month. Im looking forward to Hazel, Ophelia and Demon queen mommy. You got my full support keep it up. 5 stars deserved
  3. 5.00 star(s)

LordUlrich

Wonderful character creation and interaction with beautiful artwork. Great story work. Smooth transitioning between scenes to make it feel more lively.

Mirabelle has a mislabeled sex scene when upon choice. Some options show can be done but will not work. Some Maid upgrades show no price and are unavailable. Most Manor upgrades that have no limit can get very expensive quickly (and some that do are still very expensive).
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    Ophelia seems to only be a decorative Maid thus far with no interactions besides being a side character. And I wanted to break her first. Why do we get the guide book twice? By default we get it, yet doing Seraphina's first hangout she gives us the same guidebook.

Can we have the maids move locations day to day? For convenience they are in the same locations but how about a single Unique sex scene in a specific location for each character. Detection meter? It could amount to nothing or a steamy hidden scene with your character almost being caught with a maid.

Though the last part are some ideas for game improvement, feel free to ignore. I know this is still early in the release stages but I truly look forward to future updates.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Aevisyo

Great art, fun writing and premise.
    For such an early version of the game (0.2.2) its got a good amount of content.
    It's a tad grindy but its palatable, nothing too extreme and the combat/grind is relatively simple so there isn't a need to minmax or savescum much (i still do)

Unless you're turned off by the protag's tags the only way this could go bad is if the author either abandons this or takes forever to release any major updates but considering his track record that is very unlikely.
    Would jack off/5
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Trains

So far this is a great start. The artwork is excellent as you'd expect from a Twisted Scarlett game and the topic is fun as well. Glad to see some animations as well in this one. Definitely a game I'll be following
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Luminosity247

A good harem game with interesting rpg systems. Great for anyone with a maid (or nun) fetish. Not sure if it's just me, but I also rarely find voice acting during sex scenes, so that's another plus. (y)
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Lord of Hentaiz

+ Good Art
    + Good Animations
    + Fun Characters

= Decent Premise
    = Decent UI
    = Decent Gameplay
    = Good variety of upgrades for characters or the mansion

- Somewhat grindy, fits the gameplay loop mostly

v0.1.1
    --
    v1
    my score and points remain after trying the completed game
    its just solid all around
    the combat did get stale in the last 1/3 of the game
    but that might be optional as well, didn't try ignoring it.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Petterpepper

Looks nice, very excited for future updates. The art looks original and fun, you said that you usually have a busy update schedule will it be updated on here always? Thank you for your game, time and effort. Good luck.