Upcoming Game: [NLT] The Genesis Order, News & Discussion Thread

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Status
Not open for further replies.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Oh boy... Do you even know what you can do with Unity?

Unity is a like a "Transformer" that can change shapes, when used correctly. It can be a regular car, a sportscar or an airplane etc. While RenPy stays being a minivan.
This stands for many various things in general... depends on HOW you utilize something... :LOL: For a pretty good example if you ( some noodles ) have trouble with reading might be a good idea to get a pair of glasses ( if you catch my drift ! :ROFLMAO: )

Wenn es möglich ist dann ich möchte bitte sehr ein Tiger Panzer sein ! :KEK:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: cold_arctus

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
But Madlyn is over 50 and she is one of favorites in ToN...
but patreons rules...
She is my favorite too, but she doesn't look like 50+. Change her hair and she will look much younger.

That's one of the issues I have with NLT's models. They all look like plastic doll with no skin texture. A 18 year old and - a suppose to be - 50 year old have the same skin texture.

Last edited:

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020

Unity is a like a "Transformer" that can change shapes, when used correctly. It can be a regular car, a sportscar or an airplane etc. While RenPy stays being a minivan.
Well Unity certainly sounds like an airplane engine when running on my sad little laptop. :( If it weren't such a resource hog I'd like it more (although I still hate that fact that most Unity games don't have a rollback). One reason I play visual novels is because they aren't normally as resource intensive as AAA games, etc. Unity chews up overhead and negates the benefit of a visual novel's faster performance on lesser machines. Unity is fine if you are using it to its full capabilities (to be a transformer as you say), but many AVN developers don't and so it's a waste of resources. If you are just creating a basic F95 fuck your family AVN with more still images than animations, then it's better to use Renpy imo...for those of us who are poor and don't have a Fugaku supercomputer in our bedroom. :D

She my favorite too, but she doesn't look like 50+. Change her hair and she will look much younger.

That's one of the issues I have with NLT's models. They all look like plastic doll with no skin texture. A 18 year old and - a suppose to be - 50 year old have the same skin texture.
Exactly. I was hoping to see some skin variety (especially with the older ladies in TGO), but no dice. That's ok, at least they are fairly attractive. Once I get into the headspace of being in an NLT universe where everyone is forever young then I'll soon forget about it and enjoy the story.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Well Unity certainly sounds like an airplane engine when running on my sad little laptop. :( If it weren't such a resource hog I'd like it more (although I still hate that fact that most Unity games don't have a rollback). One reason I play visual novels is because they aren't normally as resource intensive as AAA games, etc. Unity chews up overhead and negates the benefit of a visual novel's faster performance on lesser machines. Unity is fine if you are using it to its full capabilities (to be a transformer as you say), but many AVN developers don't and so it's a waste of resources. If you are just creating a basic F95 fuck your family AVN with more still images than animations, then it's better to use Renpy imo...for those of us who are poor and don't have a Fugaku supercomputer in our bedroom.
For a simple VN Unity isn't the right choice - specially for developer with no coding background.

Many games here with the Unity tag use Fungus Framework (The Spellbook, The Twist, etc.). Fungus is the reason why those games appear chunky and heavy. Other Unity games like Man of the House / Mystwood Manor and Timestamps use their own customize framework. That's why those games are less chunky and heavy because the customize frameworks are way better optimized compare to Fungus.

Many people here blame it on "Unity", but actually the framework that the developer use is the real troublemaker (like Fungus) and not Unity.

PhineasFlynn

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2020
She is my favorite too, but she doesn't look like 50+. Change her hair and she will look much younger.

Ok, than Naomi in ToN is slightly below 50 and look really good. But if you have fiction, you can write to anyone of any age...
I agree with you, skins in Timestamps are incomparably more detailed. But maybe you have much larger team (I do not know your individual work orientations). NLT claims to do all alone, with only a few beta testers. Animations still look the same as in LE, only they are much smoother with a better background.
In addition, Unity has a really tarnished reputation and is probably only for experienced devs. The Unity sign sometimes discourages players on their own. And maybe that's what NLT is also worried about.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
The Unity sign sometimes discourages players on their own.
Classic noodle standpoint ! :LOL: It's really easy if you think about it... developer does what he does... if it's good -> YAY ! if it's moderate -> MEH ! if it's bad -> FUCK THIS UNITY BULLSHIT ! :KEK:

At which point did the noodle think about developments fault ?!? :unsure: Dudes most of the time just want to jack their dick off without using their grey matter :p It will always be a sink or swim no matter what you use... just be good at what you do and results will come ! ... if not results will also come but might not be so favorable ! Plenty of fish in the sea... :whistle:

iLoveN7

Jul 31, 2021

well yes but so is renpy aswell.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I agree with you, skins in Timestamps are incomparably more detailed. But maybe you have much larger team (I do not know your individual work orientations).
That's the problem with indie development. One artist = one unique style. Copying the same art style doesn't often work - see Milftoon Drama. The main artist left and since then Miftoon didn't release anything.

If you have a bigger team with more then one artist like Inceton, then you can share your model with all their morphs with the rest of the team. But normally no artist shares his customized models with a second artist.
NLT claims to do all alone, with only a few beta testers.
Well... NLT is the artist and he indeed works alone. He has a few little helpers who help with coding and dialogues writing, but art is done by a single guy "NLT".
Animations still look the same as in LE, only they are much smoother with a better background.
LE had no animations or very few. I remember the big orgy scene in the basement kitchen wasn't animated and set together with single images.
And maybe that's what NLT is also worried about.
That's what I'm worried about too. Many players often blame the developer if a game doesn't work, without realizing that they trashed their system with bloat software and other trash applications.

PhineasFlynn

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2020
LE had no animations or very few. I remember the big orgy scene in the basement kitchen wasn't animated and set together with single images.
There are "animations" like in old gifs. From ongoing games have same Curvy Cougar Street. You know, rotating images that do not follow up completely smoothly with stationary camera. Against this, ToN is much better, but I still have the same feeling from the overall scenes.
That's what I'm worried about too. Many players often blame the developer if a game doesn't work, without realizing that they trashed their system with bloat software and other trash applications.
The same is in Peasant's Quest thread, time by time are there guys with bugs, but these guys use old mod or some editors but all blame developer.

As I said before, I don't understand game creation at all, I'm just a player. So please take my opinion from that point of view only.

TheRequestor

Apr 28, 2021
Weekly Report
BonusStart.png

Next Sunday is the first bonus content chapter that will release as The Genesis Order is in development. This new chapter has one new sexy scene and two new Kamasutra Pages as well as a new pinup. The image above is a hint!

Currently, the August 15th and September 2nd bonus content chapters are being developed and will have our hero dive under the water and make a return to the Casula Temple in search of new sexy fun times!

Coming next week will also be the reveal of The Genesis Order poster/key art!

Keep an eye out for next week's report to for more TGO news!

Thank you everyone for the support and have a great week!

Bluefox23

Oct 21, 2018
TheRequestor Do you know what that would mean for the start of TGO? Do we have a set date?
The last two updates on TON were 1% each. So missing 7% would equal 14 weeks and first release of TGO would then be early/ mid november.
But thats just idle calculation since I dont know any news.

TheRequestor

Apr 28, 2021
Weekly Report

The first of the ToN bonus content chapters was released today, with many more on the way! While this last chapter brought you under the water, this upcoming bonus content chapter will have you back in the jungle for a unexpected meetup, opening the way to further exploration of a key locked area.

In this next chapter there will be a sexy scene, two Kamasutra pages, and two pinups. One of these pinups will be in stereo 3d!

Also, coming soon on Discord will be open voting in the Patreon only channels where you will be able to decide on pairings for the final Kamasutra pages. That's right! The 5th pages will be threesomes!

Check it out! The Genesis Order key art is finished and I think it fits nicely alongside Lust Epidemic and Treasure of Nadia.

Lots of progress has been made with The Genesis Order and it's looking like a November release date is likely. The locations you saw in the trailer are only a small sampling of the environments that TGO will bring.

North Santiva is a much more populous city than Cape Vedra with a down town area, featuring high end apartments, a highrise, shops and a gym. There will also be a rougher area of town nearer to the police station, also close to where the MC will call home, a suburban area with nice homes and a mansion. The west side of the city is the undeveloped area, with a farm, a giant spooky mansion, an old church and a warehouse... Oh yeah, and a lake with a dock, all surrounded by dense forests.

It's all coming together and I can't wait for the launch of TGO, just right around the corner!

Thank you all for supporting my games! Lots of previews for TGO coming every week! Stay tuned!

Last edited:

TheRequestor

Apr 28, 2021
Weekly Report

Coming in the next chapter of Treasure of Nadia, a new bonus scene that ties into the story! Return to a magic place where something unexpected happens! In addition to this new sexy story scene, 2 new Kamasutra pages, 2 new pinups, and a new location opens up.

Things are moving fast with The Genesis Order with the final crunch to get to chapter 1 underway. Pictured above are two different areas of town that you can visit in The Genesis Order.

In North Santiva you can visit a wider variety of locations including inner city areas. And of course, all these areas are being built to accommodate changes in time of day and weather conditions.

More previews coming each week! I look forward to seeing it all come together and sharing it with you!

Thanks for all the support! Have a great week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote