Mod Urban Demons [L0R3M's Mod]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Mar 4, 2021
Can someone with RPGM experience answer some questions please?

1) If I want to see a list of all events involving eg Kimberly in VX Ace, what are my options? Opening every single event on every single map and looking for her? I saw no way to "Search" or even to export the event list to text (so I could use eg Notepad++ to search).

2) I see there is a Test Map to accelerate debugging. How can I access it? Is there some command I can run to load a specific map?

3) Is there a way to increase the size of the event editing window? I don't see how. The problem is that the window is too small, so longer text is cut off early, and they don't use word wrap. Right now the only way to view a sentence in a dialog is to click a specific sentence, right-click, Edit, then scroll right to, then click OK/Cancel. This is such a horrible UI! It takes so many clicks to write a conversation, and reviewing is hard.

4) When I made a tiny tweak (just adding a single word to an event sentence) and saved my changes, then launched the game, it launched in a lowered resolution. The busts aren't fully visible, and even the menus too, due to being too zoomed in. When I go in the in-game settings (in the cellphone) and change resolution, I notice 1280x960 has no effect. So the game is defaulting to a lower resolution which makes things not appear properly. Restoring the original mod files from a backup fixes it, until I make another edit.
Could it be my VX version? I'm using VX Ace 1.01a. If I'm out of date, can someone link a cracked version of a newer VX Ace?

dirtyotaku13

Jul 12, 2017
Can someone with RPGM experience answer some questions please?

1) If I want to see a list of all events involving eg Kimberly in VX Ace, what are my options? Opening every single event on every single map and looking for her? I saw no way to "Search" or even to export the event list to text (so I could use eg Notepad++ to search).

2) I see there is a Test Map to accelerate debugging. How can I access it? Is there some command I can run to load a specific map?

3) Is there a way to increase the size of the event editing window? I don't see how. The problem is that the window is too small, so longer text is cut off early, and they don't use word wrap. Right now the only way to view a sentence in a dialog is to click a specific sentence, right-click, Edit, then scroll right to, then click OK/Cancel. This is such a horrible UI! It takes so many clicks to write a conversation, and reviewing is hard.

4) When I made a tiny tweak (just adding a single word to an event sentence) and saved my changes, then launched the game, it launched in a lowered resolution. The busts aren't fully visible, and even the menus too, due to being too zoomed in. When I go in the in-game settings (in the cellphone) and change resolution, I notice 1280x960 has no effect. So the game is defaulting to a lower resolution which makes things not appear properly. Restoring the original mod files from a backup fixes it, until I make another edit.
Could it be my VX version? I'm using VX Ace 1.01a. If I'm out of date, can someone link a cracked version of a newer VX Ace?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EDIT: Oh, whoops. I spaced out and forgot this was in the Boku-kun thread. I was answering as if it was the Chilly mod. That uses a different version of RPGM so I doubt the answers will be the same as I have no real experience with VX.

Mar 4, 2021
Thanks! Restoring the System/ folder does indeed allow me to get high resolution again and I can see my edits.
Shame about all the other stuff. My hat goes off to the people editing whole events like this.

How do multiple devs collaborate on an VX Ace project? What files do they share? How do they resolve conflicts in Scripts.rvdata2 since it's binary?

It took me like 20 minutes, but that's only because Morzan3 provided a plugin that dealt with playing the scene and displaying the dialogue.
Found this old post on page 1 about a plugin that makes writing scenes easier. What plugin is that?

YoruichiSh

Feb 5, 2019
can anyone tell how to play this game i star new game after mom come to wake up everything is empty overworld i don't know what to do after get the phone can't do anything need help how to play this version??????
yeah have the same problem

Jan 15, 2019
Apart from the obvious content that will not be added, everything else is possible, it just depends on Boku and how far he wants to take his version.

- Sleeping scenes were never consistent; we just had one that was Sidney sleeping, but even the context was just a place-holder babysitting scene (no idea why). So it's not mandatory to be added, but I wouldn't mind helping create content for it.

- Pregnant is an obvious no, let alone l01i pregnancy, and at this point, I refuse to believe that people around here aren't aware that it will not be a thing, I think Boku should add ANOTHER RED LINE saying not to ask for pregnancy and give a warning to anyone who disobeys cuz this is going to get annoying fast.

- I like the idea of giving more screen time to Amanda and the others but rewriting characters' routes or making extra routes are complex cases since Boku would have to take it into consideration right away instead of coming back months later to add so he wishes, I don't think we should expect any bigger difference between the OG and Chillys routes. Of course only Boku's know about it.

- Sexmon or whatever is a cool idea but I cannot think of a context to fit it in naturally during the main game. Maybe on a side-quest, or after the game ending in a DLC type of way, but yeah...

- The only character that has sex with us without us being in control is Neala and is just one scene, so I presume this fall under the layer of "UD Fans wouldn't like it cuz is not what UD was made to be", like the NTR debate. So not likely.

- Dream Realm is only useful if it has new scenes or replaces the corruption button during the night (so an extra mini-game map) and I guess you could add monsters there, like the fukermons maybe?

- Kelly's design is my favorite from the l0l1s so more of her would be nice, but then again, extra scenes would be necessary.

- Pixie only works by rewriting her inside the already finished story of the game, a lot of extra work for a character that people might or not like, it's a gamble at best, but it could work.

- The High School part is the bigger question mark that I have about the game, Chilly made that in there you play as Neala (which I hate btw) but apart from some dialogues there is nothing in there, so if Boku's want to add-in he is gonna have to come up which most of the content himself. Of course, we have some topics already, like the beach Couch, her friendship with the director from peter's school, and Neala's backstory (her step-mom), but coding and dialogue would have to be made from the ground zero.

Overall most of the ideas are quite good, we just shouldn't expect them.
These are Boku's actual words:

" The closest thing to pregnancy that I'm willing to do is to see the sperm approaching the egg. I'm really not a fan of pregancy. "

Followed by:

" Ugh. WHY do people feel the need to complain that there's no pregnancy? That's just disappointing. Almost makes me wonder if they think they'll accomplish anything by complaining about it. FAR too many people complain that there's no pregnancy and FAR too little are even willing to contribute to make it possible."

This entices me to think, Boku wouldn't mind so much if someone was dedicated to doing such for him. He won't do it if he is the only one making such.

So why are you dictating: "Pregnant is an obvious no, let alone l01i pregnancy, and at this point, I refuse to believe that people around here aren't aware that it will not be a thing, I think Boku should add ANOTHER RED LINE saying not to ask for pregnancy and give a warning to anyone who disobeys cuz this is going to get annoying fast."

Jesus Christ. You are not even Boku. This reminds me of a complaint from the African American Community about whitesplaining. I don't know Boku's ethnicity, but I don't think he'll appreciate people speaking on his behalf as though they were him. As for making pregnancy possible.

Yo, Xalenda, aren't you into pregnancy?

Also, I want to explain why people are into pregnancy. The whole point of fucking a woman is to impregnate her. otherwise, we would all be gay or bisexual. Now am I right? It is part of that man-satisfaction bit where you feel satisfaction because you completed your biological duty. It is sort of like Rick's fantasy of fucking every redhead while his dad cheers him on for a job well done. Men want emotional and physical satisfaction and we receive emotional satisfaction through meeting and surpassing expectations. One expectation is knocking a woman up. Do you get it now?

By the way, I hate dealing with nar-words. I cannot write out the complete word as that would lead to a moderator's interference and then both of our posts get removed, even though I don't see how it breaks any rules or is a problem. But better safe than sorry. Nar is what people think I am talking about, that is just the first three letters of the actual word itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoycottedGuy
Mar 4, 2021
How do you unlock the babysitting in this mod? It's needed for many of the scenes.
In the original game you would go to the kitchen and ask the mom to go out with her friends That's not available anymore.

SSJ3Monkey

Nov 11, 2017
How do you unlock the babysitting in this mod? It's needed for many of the scenes.
In the original game you would go to the kitchen and ask the mom to go out with her friends That's not available anymore.
You don't. This is proof of concept and not actually playable. Read the thread.

Mar 4, 2021
You don't. This is proof of concept and not actually playable. Read the thread.
Sorry I meant to post this in the ChillyScholar mod thread. I'm playing that mod, not this. According to the other thread babysitting is unlocked by walking Dizzy home from the bar a few times. Awful being forced to progress with a girl you find ugly, just to unlock scenes for all the other girls.

77outlaw77

Feb 16, 2018
Sorry I meant to post this in the ChillyScholar mod thread. I'm playing that mod, not this. According to the other thread babysitting is unlocked by walking Dizzy home from the bar a few times. Awful being forced to progress with a girl you find ugly, just to unlock scenes for all the other girls.
Your blasphemy against Dizzy is more offensive than your wrongful posting. T_T

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote