peradetlic

Jul 8, 2017
I never get to know the whole background of the Wootch individual persay.

But if it's REALLY you and the admins of F95 do confirm it by granting u a dev tag, Then it be interesting to know what happened because this game was the inspiration of Urban Demons so... curious on why this never got pushed forward lol

I'm half way so please mind to clear out why?

Imma just say money and greed.
You wrote it yourself better than i could do.

Jul 27, 2024
So, here we go!

Hello World, it's been a while since I've made an appearance. I am the original creator of Urban X Life, one of the very first games I started. At the time, I couldn't finish this project because a family member was hospitalized, and I had to make some radical decisions, including taking a break from my passion for development and distancing myself from online life. I thank everyone who supported me during that time and apologize for not having the time (or the desire) to explain the situation.

After a few years, with a stable and comfortable situation, I was able to return to my passion for development and learn to code/draw better, etc. I also came back to this site and was surprised to see that Urban X Life had been picked up by Nergal to create Urban Demon. Honestly, I think he did a good job with Glassfish on this revival, allowing my characters to continue their lives, even if the stories I had in mind for them were different. I must admit I preferred Chili's version. So, I moved on to other things while continuing to make more mainstream games in my free time.

Last year, I met again someone who had inspired one of my characters (Mrs. Amos), which made me want to recreate scenes with her, especially on HSS2, and then integrate them into a game. I did several tests, particularly on Godot, which I really like. I was starting to have a lot of content, and I thought, well, maybe this is the time to finish this project.
Because yes, there was always THIS project that I hadn't finished, and it was bothering me. After some thought, I didn't want to finish this project alone and wanted to involve the community in its development.

Several reasons for this, but the main one is that it will likely be my last project on this platform and this theme, so I want to satisfy as many people as possible. So, I switched to MV, with simple integrations in the form of videos over which the dialogues could animate. It would then be easy to exchange cards and scenes to include and modify them based on feedback.

The final content will depend on the feedback, but compared to version 0.2, I have three times more content in preparation, so it will approach 2000 videos for about 300 scenes (including stories).

Finally, a word about my motivation: it is simply to finish this project I had committed to. I am not looking for funding for this work. On one hand, because it remains a passion hobby for me, on the other hand, because I have other projects for that, and finally because I want to remain free to include the content I want.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2024
BanniereUxL.png

About the Story:
I got tired of reading stories about demons, so I switched to fairies with all the lore that involves, integrated into a contemporary world. My challenge is always to give the characters an identity and not just make them simple "fuckdolls". Then, to tell an overarching story that integrates with the individual stories of the characters and the created lore. All this, naturally, without making it difficult to read or understand. The hero is, by default, someone who does good for others, even if he benefits from it. However, he has a nemesis whose goal is to cause harm.
On one side, you will have the actions of the hero, which will have repercussions (more or less positive).
On the other side, you will have the actions of his nemesis, which will also have repercussions (negative).
And finally, you will have the actions of the fairies, which will add a bit of chaos to all this.

Below is a part of the characters; eventually, you will have the possibility to interact with around 50 characters.
UxL_OT_Family.png
UxL_OT_School.png
UxL_OT_Others1.png

About the Gameplay:
The game is primarily based on exploring locations and characters. All this in an RPG universe in which videos are integrated for the different scenes.

As you progress, you will discover and trigger events that are sometimes random; however, nothing can be missed. Each character discovered has a level (heart) that progresses based on your actions (up to 10).

Heart_system.png

The higher the level, the more actions are available. At the same time, each character has a mood that varies depending on your actions, and some actions will only be possible with a specific mood. Each action allows the hero to gain experience that he can spend on skills, enabling him to perform more actions. To unlock hearts (levels), you simply need to discover new scenes, which are sometimes related to other characters. So if you can't progress with a character, go see others. For each heart unlocked for a character, a certain number of scenes will unlock (variable), so there isn't necessarily just one scene per heart.

Heart_system2.png

About the Technique:
I developed all the scripts I needed for this game. I am releasing them as open source so that other developers can benefit from them as well. This is part of my contribution to the community ;-) So now, I can focus on the content.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2024
Now regarding the project.

The next few days will be dedicated to debugging this first part. I am counting on you to report anything that seems inconsistent/bugs or any thoughts. I will then start from this clean version to integrate the next scenes. Most of the videos are ready; I will only need to script the events. By December, I hope to have levels 1 to 6 finalized with the first chapter of the story. I will explain the features to be integrated as we go along.

Depending on the feedback and the success or failure of this "Original Tale," I will decide on the completion of the project and thus the content from levels 7 to 10 and the end of the story.

It's now up to you.
Below is the link to download the game. Hope you'll have fun ;)

Thank you in advance for your feedback!

peradetlic

Jul 8, 2017

The next few days will be dedicated to debugging this first part. I am counting on you to report anything that seems inconsistent/bugs or any thoughts. I will then start from this clean version to integrate the next scenes. Most of the videos are ready; I will only need to script the events. By December, I hope to have levels 1 to 6 finalized with the first chapter of the story. I will explain the features to be integrated as we go along.

Depending on the feedback and the success or failure of this "Original Tale," I will decide on the completion of the project and thus the content from levels 7 to 10 and the end of the story.

It's now up to you.

Good luck with this project,and i hope it want end like previous.

ejc171

May 6, 2017

It's now up to you.

Really enjoying your game so far thankyou. Main bug I have encountered so far is that when you choose BJ in toilet with Sarah it plays wrong scene with just a black screen and loops. Good luck with your game.

Duongvipro2000

Aug 25, 2021

It's now up to you.

I often get black screen when going to 3D scenes, but the dialogues still appear, I hope this can be fixed soon

crazybeaver

May 4, 2017
Yeah, it was first UD, by Wootch, even before Nergal. Easy graphics, easy story, but one of the first games that genre i liked. I even learned how to extract assests from game files.
And its very nice, that many of ppl making new versions of this game. Special THANKS to ChillyScholar and guys!

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes