Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Are there only two flowers or is there supposed to be a third?
Two in the goblin caves, one at the entrance to the mansion.

i didnt have a dual
After your army beats the Marbian army, you're automatically taken to a duel with the ruling Wench.

There a patch for 2.5 to 2.6? It's just a bugfix right?
Yeah. The link is in my sig.

Any chance we get a update for the mod, great game still.
The mod is not mine but I'm working on a story mode which will allow players to:

1. Instantly win any 1 on 1 combat with subdue
2. Win any army combat
3. Avoid all morale and obedience drops
4. Success on all morale and obedience rolls
5. Prevent raiders from raiding
6. Instantly fulfill all Seduction conditions of wenches in the palace

This will basically just leave the story in VN form. I will continue to develop the map aspects of the game (conquest mode), but those who wish to avoid them will be able to do so easily.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
I have a question, but if the Khan dies after conquered the world and has a ton fo bastard children, this would that it would happen a civil war for the power after his death?
Or we are going to have the option to choose an heir or a "official" wife?

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
I have a question, but if the Khan dies after conquered the world and has a ton fo bastard children, this would that it would happen a civil war for the power after his death?
Or we are going to have the option to choose an heir or a "official" wife?
In the Twin Continents, due to the virility of the royal family males, royal bastards have absolutely no claim to the throne and only legitimate offsprings hold a claim. It is customary for Khans to hold concubines for this exact reason, to limit the amount of legitimate heirs. Part of the piety of Karder's father manifested itself in the fact that he refused to bed concubines or other women other than queen Remy.

Reactions: zARRR

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
In the Twin Continents, due to the virility of the royal family males, royal bastards have absolutely no claim to the throne and only legitimate offsprings hold a claim. It is customary for Khans to hold concubines for this exact reason, to limit the amount of legitimate heirs. Part of the piety of Karder's father manifested itself in the fact that he refused to bed concubines or other women other than queen Remy.
Ooh now I understand, thank you very much

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Using you can also change the max too.
Sure, that's the maxgold variable. I'd be hesitant to muck about with max values though; much greater chance of that breaking something down the line.

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Sure, that's the maxgold variable. I'd be hesitant to muck about with max values though; much greater chance of that breaking something down the line.
You can muck around with maxgold, I don’t see any problem.

Reactions: gregers

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Some thoughts about Morale. Morale is a number between 5 and 100 which determines the chance for a Yield. Every turn, each fiefdom rolls 1-100 and if the number is lower than the fiefdom’s morale, it yields gold and/or troops.

Currently morale deteriorates randomly and there are no clear methods of increasing it. A Temple will grant a one time bonus but the deterioration will resume soon afterwards. Players are justifiably frustrated when morale drops and there is nothing they can do to bring it up.

I don’t want to introduce a completely new mechanism for handling morale and make the game more complicated. People play Vae Victis to fap, not as a preparation for West Point and thinking is hard with one hand and half a brain. Hence, morale handling should be simple and intuitive.

What I’m thinking is having morale go *up* instead of down, up to a cap, say 15 as default. A temple and other effects (wenches, magic) can raise morale cap, thus increasing the chances of a yield. Morale will go *down* when you suffer losses after attacking a fiefdom, somehow correlated to your losses.

To summarize: don’t go to war, morale increases up to a cap. Go to war and morale plummets for a few turns.

Rory Smith

May 24, 2021
Some thoughts about Morale. Morale is a number between 5 and 100 which determines the chance for a Yield. Every turn, each fiefdom rolls 1-100 and if the number is lower than the fiefdom’s morale, it yields gold and/or troops.

Currently morale deteriorates randomly and there are no clear methods of increasing it. A Temple will grant a one time bonus but the deterioration will resume soon afterwards. Players are justifiably frustrated when morale drops and there is nothing they can do to bring it up.

I don’t want to introduce a completely new mechanism for handling morale and make the game more complicated. People play Vae Victis to fap, not as a preparation for West Point and thinking is hard with one hand and half a brain. Hence, morale handling should be simple and intuitive.

What I’m thinking is having morale go *up* instead of down, up to a cap, say 15 as default. A temple and other effects (wenches, magic) can raise morale cap, thus increasing the chances of a yield. Morale will go *down* when you suffer losses after attacking a fiefdom, somehow correlated to your losses.

To summarize: don’t go to war, morale increases up to a cap. Go to war and morale plummets for a few turns.
Kept soldiers in garison. Skipped some days. Defeated the raiders.
But morale & obedience reduced after skipping some days. Why

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018

Makes sense. Another option might be to convert gold into morale (call it "holding a festival" or "sponsoring games" or something). This wouldn't increase the morale cap but give a one-time boost to morale, for a price. Again, nothing too complicated.

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Kept soldiers in garison. Skipped some days. Defeated the raiders.
But morale & obedience reduced after skipping some days. Why
Currently Morale and Obedience drop over time. In my experience keeping a full garrison and defeating raids easily brought Obedience to 100+ values but maybe I was just lucky. As for morale, the current design leaves a lot to be desired but I intend to fix it.

4.20 star(s) 125 Votes