quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
This is for purely for realism reasons. Some of the Wenches get it so bad in the dungeons, I couldn't bring myself to switch them to lovey-dovey scenes later on. Yes, there is the thing where after the post combat ravishment you can later seduce the Wench, but I felt that dungeon -> palace transition was simply unrealistic.

As a developer I always have to balance realism and gameplay, and this is a (rare) occasion where I choose realism over gameplay even though from purely gameplay point of view, switching between palace and dungeon freely is obviously a "better" option.
The only issue I have with the dungeon is how the women are stuck like furniture there. I wish instead of a dungeon we were able to send them to a harem, where they're kept and watched but can walk around and get fucked normally. And THEN, if the player so chooses, they're put in the contraptions to be fucked, in specific "I want her in the contraption" events.

Mar 7, 2023
Hi everyone I have a question to ask this isn't a bug a least I don't think but, I'm currently stuck at the market place where you have to buy the cheapest items for Halfan the old man, every time I get the items he tells me I'm overpaying and go back, also I have been following the walkthrough as well so I don't know what I'm doing wrong? I have bought Hammocks for 1g, Rope oil for 27g, Sails cloth for 80g, Mooring ropes for 16g, Spices and herbs for 2g and finally Silk ropes for 46g. Now the Sails cloth and the Silk ropes I can only find at those prices however when I take them off he still says the same thing, sorry for being an inconvenience

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Hi everyone I have a question to ask this isn't a bug a least I don't think but, I'm currently stuck at the market place where you have to buy the cheapest items for Halfan the old man, every time I get the items he tells me I'm overpaying and go back, also I have been following the walkthrough as well so I don't know what I'm doing wrong? I have bought Hammocks for 1g, Rope oil for 27g, Sails cloth for 80g, Mooring ropes for 16g, Spices and herbs for 2g and finally Silk ropes for 46g. Now the Sails cloth and the Silk ropes I can only find at those prices however when I take them off he still says the same thing, sorry for being an inconvenience
AFAIK the prices are randomly generated. Are you definitely visiting all of the vendors?
Have you tried reloading, to just before?

Should be as simple as:
Visit all vendors, without buying.
Make a note of the price for each item, at each vendor's place.
Then identify which vendor has the lowest price for each item.
Visit the relevant vendors (those with the lowest price) & purchase the items from them.

Dr. Lewdwig

Apr 15, 2021
Doorknob22
Finally got around to playing the update and I'd like to jot down a few words as feedback if that's OK.

I'm not going to sing the praises of the game. I've done that in my review before. I will however say what I personally liked about the update, plus two other things, one is a minor opinion, and the other is a criticism.

I know you read these posts carefully. If it was any other game and developer, I probably would've saved my thoughts for myself.
Here it goes:

As usual, I really liked the writing. Writing a game like this is a challenge, and you, being a good storyteller, rise up to it in every update.

I also liked the speed with which you released this update. I know about your employment condition (best of luck on that btw) but still, it's always nice when updates come soon and deadlines are met.

I really liked the "Retcon" section. Not only does it provide context, but it's also a way to go back and retroactively add things to the story. Almost no one else does that. So it was a pleasant surprise.

As a side-note, I want to give a shoutout to whoever has done the voice acting for the scenes. Doing Foley work with the mouth is not easy :HideThePain:

Now, unto what I perceive to be improvable.

First, which is more of an observation, regards the sex scenes renders.
I feel like a good number of scenes do not have enough renders. Of course, it varies between scenes but I strongly feel like a good number of scenes can do with more renders, especially when it comes to transitions. I suspect you know this better than I do and it's just a matter of time/budget constraints. This isn't specific to this particular update, rather it's always been there and it's becoming more noticeable as the expectations of the game grows higher.
If I were a decent reviewer (or a decent human being for that matter!) I would go back and bring up every specific example of how lack of enough renders has made a scene feel abrupt. Like when Karder is talking to a wench face to face, and the next frame is him mounting her.
An overexaggerated example of this is Karder's cave scene (named "Lion's Share") with the Three Thicc Thieves which Karder literally jumps from being inside Anasti, to being inside Jenya, to being inside Marya.
Even when Karder is standing on top of a wench who's lying down, IMHO there should be a few preparatory renders before he jams it in.
Unless, eroticism is not the focus of the game/scene, in which case I concede my observation.
I also understand the absurdity of "Please, sir, may I have some more please?" especially in a game where there are multiple variations of most scenes, but still, I think it's a feedback worth remembering going forward to your future games.

My second opinion, which I believe to be rather objective regards Karder's sex animations.
A good number of animations, especially recent ones, don't look like Karder is ravishing anyone, rather he is carefully providing gigolo services to brittle-boned 80 year old ladies. It's not "Vae Victis". It's "Miseratio Victis" instead.
The consistent 1-inch-range-of-motion of Karder's thrusts has had me worried about his health. General Brennus would certainly disown Karder if he saw these.
Again, I understand that adding animations was an afterthought, something that's relatively new to you, and they do soak in a lot of time and resources, but I can think of other games (*cough*) in similar situation which have more Vae Victis worthy animations than Vae Victis.
I however don't think it is has anything to do with animating skills or the quality of animations. Those are fine. It feels more like a design choice, and if this is the case, it really feels weird to me.

Regardless, my best wishes to you on the rest of this journey. And I'm sure you know that any feedback or observation comes from a place of caring.

Last edited:
Reactions: gojira667

Enot1964

May 20, 2019
For the first time I downloaded this game and was very pleasantly surprised. Very high quality thing, great graphics, well (not perfect, but still very good) thought out system of territory management. I think in the course of further work on the game developers will solve the problems of not very convenient interface, related to territory management.
At the moment I give this game a solid 4 out of 5 points.
I want to sincerely thank the developers for the hard work they put into this game. I look forward to the updates. Such quality work is rare on f95, unfortunately.

Reactions: xorcist

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Doorknob22

First, which is more of an observation, regards the sex scenes renders.
I feel like a good number of scenes do not have enough renders. Of course, it varies between scenes but I strongly feel like a good number of scenes can do with more renders, especially when it comes to transitions. I suspect you know this better than I do and it's just a matter of time/budget constraints. This isn't specific to this particular update, rather it's always been there and it's becoming more noticeable as the expectations of the game grows higher.
If I were a decent reviewer (or a decent human being for that matter!) I would go back and bring up every specific example of how lack of enough renders has made a scene feel abrupt. Like when Karder is talking to a wench face to face, and the next frame is him mounting her.
An overexaggerated example of this is Karder's cave scene (named "Lion's Share") with the Three Thicc Thieves which Karder literally jumps from being inside Anasti, to being inside Jenya, to being inside Marya.
Even when Karder is standing on top of a wench who's lying down, IMHO there should be a few preparatory renders before he jams it in.
Unless, eroticism is not the focus of the game/scene, in which case I concede my observation.
I also understand the absurdity of "Please, sir, may I have some more please?" especially in a game where there are multiple variations of most scenes, but still, I think it's a feedback worth remembering going forward to your future games.

My second opinion, which I believe to be rather objective regards Karder's sex animations.
A good number of animations, especially recent ones, don't look like Karder is ravishing anyone, rather he is carefully providing gigolo services to brittle-boned 80 year old ladies. It's not "Vae Victis". It's "Miseratio Victis" instead.
The consistent 1-inch-range-of-motion of Karder's thrusts has had me worried about his health. General Brennus would certainly disown Karder if he saw these.
Again, I understand that adding animations was an afterthought, something that's relatively new to you, and they do soak in a lot of time and resources, but I can think of other games (*cough*) in similar situation which have more Vae Victis worthy animations than Vae Victis.
I however don't think it is has anything to do with animating skills or the quality of animations. Those are fine. It feels more like a design choice, and if this is the case, it really feels weird to me.

Regardless, my best wishes to you on the rest of this journey. And I'm sure you know that any feedback or observation comes from a place of caring.
While I can see what you mean in the second point about how deep Karder goes, and it is something I can improve, I'm curious about the first issue because I make it a point always to show one render before the penetration (oral/vaginal/anal). Looking at the latest update, you can see that there is always a pre-penetration "phase", it's part of my workflow.

Before Alam's blowjob.

harlot alam pregnant 36.png

Before Alam's cowgirl scene.

harlot alam pregnant 38.png

Before Ilga's blowjob.

harlot ilga 58.png

Before Black Alana's anal.

harlot ilga 60.png

Etc.

So, did I miss your point?

So... Zuri was impregnated before sumia. Sumia gave birth but zuri didn't.....
Sumia's child was born prematurely but has turned out to be healthy, The Mothers be praised.

For the first time I downloaded this game and was very pleasantly surprised. Very high quality thing, great graphics, well (not perfect, but still very good) thought out system of territory management. I think in the course of further work on the game developers will solve the problems of not very convenient interface, related to territory management.
At the moment I give this game a solid 4 out of 5 points.
I want to sincerely thank the developers for the hard work they put into this game. I look forward to the updates. Such quality work is rare on f95, unfortunately.
Thank, there's a lot of good stuff planned, feel free to drop by the Discord and check it out. I also thank you for not rating my game 4 stars, it seems all recent reviews are about dragging my ratings down :FacePalm: .

Dr. Lewdwig

Apr 15, 2021
... So, did I miss your point?
I don't think you did. I feel like it is I who failed at conveying what he meant clearly. Or perhaps it not as easy to explain with words as I thought. Or maybe we have different definitions of " pre-penetration phase". Yours seem to be a broader window; like (in the "before Black Alana's anal" pic) can Alanah assuming the position while Karder is standing up scratching the back of his head be considered a pre-pen render, while we have the profile view? If so, then perhaps a single render is not enough IMO.

But, on a more meta level, is this considered too much nitpicking? If it is and it still doesn't make sense to you, then I'd recommend noting it as a single observation and moving on, especially if no one else has pointed it out so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doorknob22
Nov 21, 2020
There's an error.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 114, in _window_auto_callback
    _window_show(auto=True)
  File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 69, in _window_show
    renpy.with_statement(trans)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'audio/interludes/three_royals_-_remy_track.mp3'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "quests/01 intro_prison.rpyc", line 112, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 889, in execute
    statement_name(stmt_name)
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 47, in statement_name
    i(name)
    _window_show(auto=True)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1657, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2801, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4103, in interact_core
    renpy.audio.audio.periodic()
  File "renpy/audio/audio.py", line 1166, in periodic
    raise_(exc[0], exc[1], exc[2])
  File "renpy/audio/audio.py", line 1144, in periodic_thread_main
    periodic_pass()
  File "renpy/audio/audio.py", line 1086, in periodic_pass
    c.periodic()
  File "renpy/audio/audio.py", line 517, in periodic
    topf = load(filename)
  File "renpy/audio/audio.py", line 70, in load
    rv = renpy.loader.load(fn)
  File "renpy/loader.py", line 820, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809
Khan 0.9.7
Sat Jun 24 07:37:54 2023

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
But, on a more meta level, is this considered too much nitpicking?
Nothing in this thread is nitpicking. I read all suggestions and comments under the assumption they were written in effort to help me improve the game. That doesn't mean I'll embrace all of them but I consider each suggestion.

There's an error.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    _window_show(auto=True)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "quests/01 intro_prison.rpyc", line 112, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 889, in execute
    statement_name(stmt_name)
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 47, in statement_name
    i(name)
    _window_show(auto=True)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1657, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2801, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4103, in interact_core
    renpy.audio.audio.periodic()
  File "renpy/audio/audio.py", line 1166, in periodic
    raise_(exc[0], exc[1], exc[2])
  File "renpy/audio/audio.py", line 1144, in periodic_thread_main
    periodic_pass()
  File "renpy/audio/audio.py", line 1086, in periodic_pass
    c.periodic()
  File "renpy/audio/audio.py", line 517, in periodic
    topf = load(filename)
  File "renpy/audio/audio.py", line 70, in load
    rv = renpy.loader.load(fn)
  File "renpy/loader.py", line 820, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809
Khan 0.9.7
Sat Jun 24 07:37:54 2023
I'm uploading version 0.9.8 to my Mega folder (in my sig). I'll open a ticket to update the game later.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Dr. Lewdwig

Rando Civ

LMFAO.
Game Developer
Jul 31, 2017
Started playing this game recently and I gotta say, this is probably the funniest sentence I ever heard in my life and I'm pissed I didn't come up with it.

1687658551801.png

• Haha
Reactions: Doorknob22

Rando Civ

LMFAO.
Game Developer
Jul 31, 2017
Ngl, Orcs ridding Rhinos is such a cool idea!
Well, not that fan of the Wakandans in this game, I absolutely love dark skinned women, but this one made me feel dirty and mind you, that's my opinion and no one elses.

Wish to see more of the girls that are sent to the castle but are not part of the council.

4.20 star(s) 124 Votes