2.20 star(s) 5 Votes

KDT

Game Developer
Jan 20, 2019

Overview:
Vampire Lips is a short visual novel where you play John, who responds to a mysterious job offer. He meets Claudia on this occasion, who will give him a very detailed description of the job.​

Thread Updated: 2019-05-08
Release Date: 2019-05-08
Developer: KDT.prod - -
Censored: No
Version: 1.1
Language: English, French
Sequel: Private Investigator, Claudia's Spy

Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Developer Notes:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win, Linux: - - -
Android: - -

screenshot0009.png screenshot0010.png screenshot0011.png screenshot0012.png screenshot0013.png

Last edited:
May 30, 2017
Edit (9th May): Before anyone else assumes I can't read good, the devs have edited their patreon page and applied most of the suggestions I made. The fact that they did that so promptly, as well as hiring an editor, is definitely a good sign for their commitment as a dev team, as well as their openness to feedback from everyone in this thread. The only further suggestion I would make at this point is that they be a bit more clear on what future games might entail. IE. This first game was initially listed as a demo - but is now listed as a finished product. Will future games be released complete, released complete then hotfixed for bugs and grammar, or released and then iterated on based on feedback? Will they all be VNs, or will some be more gameplay focused (they're patreon rewrite talks about improving gameplay)?

Original Post (2nd May): Cool concept, crisp art style, hire an editor who speaks english as a first language. I would also edit your patreon page, it's all attempts at humor, self deprecation, and telling people to be nice to you (all in broken english); but it has nothing talking about what you guys are going to do.

IE. Your rewards are a new game every month. Does that mean a completed game or more demos? What are those games going to be about? How do you plan to communicate with your patrons and wider audience? What sort of content/fetishes/style should we expect from your games? Will they all be renpy VNs? Etc.

Good luck on your project - and your studio, it shows promise. Just remember that even if it is a hobby project, when you start asking for money to support it, some level of professionalism and transparency is important.

echilog

Oct 28, 2017
Art is great, but you need to hire someone to fix the English.
maybe also add a few more poses.
But it has potential.

ScottyLQ

Apr 28, 2017
Anyway just as almost everybody else is saying... It can't be stressed enough how a certain level of English is absolutely required for all games. Broken English kills all immersion and interest.

Reactions: shakytube

Rince556

Jan 21, 2018
Looks promising... With more content and less obvious dialogues in the future this one could be fun... I like the art style

KDT

Game Developer
Jan 20, 2019
Hello everyone,

Thanks everyone for your feedback ! It is very encouraging and we will quickly make the necessary changes. Just a few points.

First, we have found a new editor who is way more capable of writing directly in english. No more broken writing and more story and dialogs to come next month ! We will keep the artstyle consistent from game to game. About the version number, it is indeed formatted in a yy/mm format (But we changed that). And...

Version 1.1 in English with adjustments and a French version.

LoneRanger96

Apr 11, 2018
I think I've seen the backgrounds before somewhere... Ah yes, I remember. It looks almost exactly like the big vampire mansion in The Sims 4. The furniture looks quite like the ones in game. I like the look, it fits the theme well.

Reactions: KDT

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
IE. Your rewards are a new game every month. Does that mean a completed game or more demos? What are those games going to be about? How do you plan to communicate with your patrons and wider audience?
They do say that/

offering a new small visual novel once a month. Each month, you will discover a new game with a new story
Pretty obvious what they are offering.

What sort of content/fetishes/style should we expect from your games? Will they all be renpy VNs? Etc.
It can be related to the previous game or not. The decision is ours !
Looks like that depends on their mood.

2.20 star(s) 5 Votes