Mod Java Onhold Venture Seas EX [v0.04] [TheInternetIsForThis]

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Version 0.03 Is Out!

• Royal Armory now has its own shop inventory.
  • Royal Tailor now has its own shop inventory.
  • Oasis Spring has been added to Hydra's Haven.
  • 1 scene featuring Aurelia has been added to Oasis Spring.
  • An optional cheat shop can be added to Nyaura by also adding the files in the Cheat folder.
While this isn't as much as I'd like to have added, my real life obligations prevent me from spending a great deal of time on modding.

In terms of updating this mod in the future, I plan to update with whatever I can every other Saturday, with any necessary bugfixes on the Saturday in between. In terms of content, I plan to spend time filling out the dungeon with a proper list of encounters, events, and loot, as well as adding more encounters and events to the two towns I've implemented. Beyond that, only time will tell.

Only one footjob scene in the game for the all ? *
I'm not actually certain, since I haven't searched for them. It's the only one I'm explicitly aware of at the moment, however.

Dooburt

Jan 23, 2018
The encounter in the dungeon featuring the 4 brazers is soft-locking my game every time I encounter it. I click past the frst dialogue, then the second dialogue with the skill check locks on screen. Clicking to proceed just says "Leader Stat Check passed" without advancing the text at all.

Other than that, I'm enjoying the mod very much.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
The encounter in the dungeon featuring the 4 brazers is soft-locking my game every time I encounter it. I click past the frst dialogue, then the second dialogue with the skill check locks on screen. Clicking to proceed just says "Leader Stat Check passed" without advancing the text at all.

Other than that, I'm enjoying the mod very much.
Thank you for the bug report! I've attached a hotfix to this post. Install it just like you did the mod, all it does is replace one of the mod's files. I'll merge it into next Saturday's update when I post that.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Version 0.04 Is Out!

• Implemented 8 new food items (Cheese Block, Gemsnake Egg, Desert Mandrake, Wingsprouts, Witchcap, Gielma Frond, Desert Sandling, and Dewberry)
  • Fixed a softlock with a treasure event in the Abandoned Palace
This is a very, very light update. I was planning to fill in the first floor of the Abandoned Palace to a level of content variety I'd be happy with, but other obligations got in the way. That said, I'd rather share the progress I have than leave a promised update missing. For the moment, the new food items are only accessible via the cheat menu. I plan to rectify that with the update on the 18th.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
I have an unfortunate announcement to make. In light of , I will be putting additional content for this mod on hold, pending either significant increases in personal time, or the release of their planned rebuild. Due to a heavy workload that affects my income, I don't currently have the time to spend implementing content that will need to be re-implemented, potentially from scratch, as soon as a new game update hits.

This does not mean I am abandoning this Venture Seas EX!

I am still designing content to add to the game via this mod. It just means it's going to wait a bit, for a more reasonable point in development.

dregon87

May 6, 2019
Is it possible to make the main character count as a member of the squad?
I like this game, but I would like my character to participate in battles.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Saw Expansion Mod and got excited. Turns out it meant an expansion to the game, and not adding Breast Expansion. I feel lied to, betrayed and quite possibly bamboozled
To be fair, the game already has breast expansion. Just gotta drink some milk from the brothel mistress.

So anyway, there is a new version of the game available. This mod is not up to date and will not work with the new game versions, and it will take me a bit to clean things up and port them to the updated game setup once I manage to snag a copy.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Does anybody have a copy of the version of the main game, that this mod was created for?
The version on the Venture Seas thread should still be the version I was working on this mod for. The Venture Seas thread has yet to be updated with the indev builds posted at the end of last year, which (presumably) break compatibility with things I've done. As for this mod itself, I'm still waiting on the next stable build to come out before I resume work.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: LewdBoiWinston

Shade660

May 24, 2020
i dont like choosing gender, pronoun , design etc of charactor in nsfw games, if u the same dont download

Aug 23, 2018
I followed the instructions but my game wont start, what did i fuck up? I used winrar and added the files from mod folder to the archive. Or is it just incompatible with the new game version?

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
I followed the instructions but my game wont start, what did i fuck up? I used winrar and added the files from mod folder to the archive. Or is it just incompatible with the new game version?
It's incompatible with the new version. Apparently the developers did a lot of code changes over the last (almost) year of silence, and so I'll need to do a good chunk of this over again from scratch. That's what I was afraid would happen, and why I've tagged the mod as on hold. I'll look into things again once the developers push a new build to the main branches, since a testing build like the one from a few days ago is going to have exactly the same problem.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
will this be updated soon?
Probably not. I'm waiting for a stable build of the game from the main branch, and the developers are still only pushing occasional updates to the steam beta branch. I have to directly modify some of the game's code to make this work, and matching that against the changes they're making (and their lack of decisiveness in terms of future plans) is far more work than I have time for.

argonviper

Jun 27, 2021
Probably not. I'm waiting for a stable build of the game from the main branch, and the developers are still only pushing occasional updates to the steam beta branch. I have to directly modify some of the game's code to make this work, and matching that against the changes they're making (and their lack of decisiveness in terms of future plans) is far more work than I have time for.
fuck... well i understand thanks

okayig

Apr 9, 2020
I dont think I'm doing this right, when I copy the ventureseas content in the mod folder and move it to the jar in the bin folder I try to open the game but it just opens then closes

EDIT: nvm I'm dumb it meant move all the stuff from the mod folder

Last edited: