3.20 star(s) 27 Votes

katakari

Nov 1, 2017
@katakari: Might be a problem with Java. Make sure you have the newest version of that.

@Awolfe: Are you playing from an old save?
Might need to delete save files, or at least start a new game. Tested without old save files and could play through all of the available content with no crashes. Of course it could always be a bug, either with the game or my modification, I just haven't encountered. The debug bat might be able to help in identifying the problem though.
Yes I have a probleme with Java and yes I have the newest Update
This is the error
Capture.PNG

Chrathrard

Nov 20, 2018
This may have been asked before; does anyone know if there's any substantial video of this game anywhere? I'm interested in it, but I'm technologically oblivious and very wary of Java...

Atsu

Sep 23, 2017
@katakari: That error sometimes pops up, if you have a libgdx dependent java app in a non-standard directory (i.e. name too long, non-latin characters, etc.).
Try extracting the game somewhere like C:\ventureseas\, if you haven't tried that before. Otherwise, I have no idea...

pyr0w

Feb 19, 2018
this game crashes a lot randomly
Check that you have the NEWEST version of Java 8.

I spent the first few hours with this game crashing CONSTANTLY. But not in the same place. Just random CTDs.

Then I realized that I had killed the Java updater a while ago (Killed it with the nuclear option..It just wouldn't go quietly).

After manually installing the newest version I have not crashed a single time (6ish more hours).

GamingSavant

Jun 11, 2017
Perhaps someone can help, but after a while of playing I get it to where when a screen transition happens the background starts to fade to black and then menus start acting up, with "X" buttons turning up black, characters vanish from the foreground, and every single scene transition fades to black. Nothing stops it short of starting the game over or going to the title screen and changing window size. Is there a fix for this or is anyone else getting this too?

EDIT: LOL who designed this poison swamp garbage at the start of the game where money is tight? Has to be the dumbest decision ever, like they want me to turn on cheats unless I grind the previous zones for 10+ hours to get money back (because it costs money to even enter a dungeon with valuable runes).

This is an issue I have with erotic games that force in "gameplay", because if they do it just wrong, it becomes a mess of balance, and in this case it's weighted against the player extremely early on.

GamingSavant

Jun 11, 2017
Have you ever considered that maybe, just maybe, you are not the target demographic for games like this?
Oh, I'm probably not. Games that require heavy grinding require patience and something to pull you in to make you go "okay, I can tolerate doing this for the next several hours."

I'd go into detail on why the game is currently failing at this but I'd be ranting. I'm sure some people enjoy it.

PrincessBitchJean

Aug 25, 2017
Yeah, this is one of those "delay of gratification" games, which I'm personally a fan of since the build up to the destination can make reaching the destination more satasffying than usual; granted that I have the patience for grinding in RPGs (both lewd and not) while others don't. I mean, I usually takes a while to claim that so-and-so is best girl in a Persona game.

That, and there are other places I can go to satiate my need for naked cartoon pussy over the course of ten to fifteen minutes.

GamingSavant

Jun 11, 2017
Tried playing this more with more of a cool head and all, got to chapter 2 but I'm done. This fade to black bug that happens at absolute random intervals is completely disruptive of the flow of the game. It slows down everything, makes big black rectangular blotches behind characters or covering up objects entirely, and makes combat literally unplayable, as you can't use runes or have your crew auto battle as it just eats up the turn but the enemy leader is able to use *their* turn.

I'll check back when I can actually play the game.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
That's what frustrates me with this game.

I love the potential here. I really enjoy games like this, i've been a lover of RPG's since I was a sproglette and I even get my little bits of romance in.

Then come the bugs.

I see where devs come from in a way. On the one hand, spending time polishing everything takes away time from new content and even if you got everything polished the new stuff would break it again. I do see why they leave the polish until the end.

However, i'm not expecting a silky smooth experience but it would be great if they gave the bigger issues a once over.

I enjoy it either way, it doesn't bother me so much but it's damn hard for me to convince people to give it a chance, especially those that don't like this kind of gameplay a lot, when they end up frustrated with the bugs.

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
As I've said several times:
Go and talk with the dev (Switch).

He can be reached easily on his Discord.
It's the type of guy that you can blurt out a wall-text, and instead of getting butt-hurt about your critics, will say "interesting, tell me more" while taking notes. While talking with him, he said he didn't had enough feedback, so it's pretty hard for him to spot details.
So, GO and tell him, simple.

For example, I like the idea of the rune-system combat. Yeah, it's kinda weird and needs fixes, but it's original.
So I told him that, but the currently didn't made much sense because most of the runes are useless, and said "ok. What else?" without blinking. Told him that hired mercs were mostly useless, because they were absolutely broken. "why?". I told him, and he said "great feedback, this is the type of comments I need!".

Seriously, just go and show him the game has some attention, so he will put more attention on the game, it's a give-and-take party ;)

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Second unwanted tip:

Delete all old saves when playing a new version and old versions of the game.
If you want, keep the old versions, but .zip'em and have them in a different folder.

Yeah, I know, it's frustrating, like 90% of the game *shrug*

On a side note, I just played the last version a couple days ago (haven't played since June last year)... now there's no dungeon backpack?
It was annoying to stock on dungeon items, but it was the only way to survive. Now we're suppossed to survive only with what we find?

switch101010

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2018
Apologies that I've not posted here in a while (I didn't set up my email preferences for new replies). Thanks for the developer tag!

I'm really flattered that you all have interest in playing my game, and I'm really glad for those that have given it multiple chances after such frustrating bugs and crashes :O

Fuzzcat is correct in that I would appreciate all criticisms directed to me via discord, as testing each build for a monthly release becomes more time consuming each month as the game grows.

I'm still developing this solo, where I commission help from very skilled writers and artists wherever I can. Finding workers who are up to the high standards of quality I set is very difficult, as skilled content creators are usually already busy with their own awesome projects (although if you know anyone who are skilled and need paid work, please let me know!)

I've announced the 'road-map to release' on the official discord today (or yesterday, as I've been working quite late it seems!)

VS roadmap.jpg
With these new milestone style build releases, I will spend more time testing, and even enlist the help of any volunteers if they'd be interested in doing a run-through of a private build now and again!

Please consider joining the official game discord, I'm at my computer pretty much every day:

It'd help me greatly to get direct input on the issues, (with step by step instructions to cause the crash, or even send your savefile!) so I can fix them for you quickly :)

After reading the backlog here, that the biggest complaint is build instability, I'm making it a priority to do more thorough testing of the game before new releases.

Please don't hesitate to contact me, even if you are playing on a pirated version of the game. I understand the desire to test out a game before deciding if you like or dislike it, and there are many ways to support the project that doesn't require pledging to Patreon :D

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
@switch101010
If you can solve the game breaking/soul crushing bugs, then it certainly would rise in the prospects of games I'd support. Most people come here to enjoy perverted and awesome games. They want them to succeed, so I think, I'm not alone in that consideration.

3.20 star(s) 27 Votes