Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
I still do not understand the concept of the main hero in this game.
All we can do is talking, fighting always do some other people.

How can anyone have respect to the weak leader, who just hide behind his subordinates and never fight?

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Trying to talk to Lindon also crashes the game, so I guess none of the "talk" options for characters work.
Of course, instead of disabling the option temporarily and fix other problems, they went ahead, added some innecesary and uncalled stuff and added a hundred more bugs.

Note: DO NOT modify the henchmen, changing their hair of adding tattoos etc. This is a "new addition"... and of course it's bugged. It'll reset the character to a generic look that CAN'T be changed back. And sometimes crashes the game, not surprisingly *sigh*
As a matter of fact, none of the henchmen are worth trying. They're bugged and/or incomplete (not sure which... ot both), and they don't work properly.

Also, the devs recommend deleting old saves.
Old saves indeed seem to interfere with a new game. Smart move having an update reading old files *sigh again*
What's even smarter is not having a in-game option to delete saves *triple sigh*
Neither tell where the hell are the saves stored (couldn't found them anywhere) *facepalm sigh*

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Took me a while, but here's the devs answer to where the heck are the save files:

"C:\Users\ ^YOUR PC USERNAME^ \ .prefs\VentureSeas
That's the save folder location"

Note: recommended to delete any old saves when starting a new game on a new update

Filippa2000

Jun 22, 2017
yeah, Ive DL'd it like 3 times and it wont ever open.
dont even bother to playing it. They update it like once in forever and the update isn't even good. The update can be another island but that is just another half an hour to 2-3 hours of grinding rooms. Futa/Shemale content is the thing that stood out and made it this popular and the art kinda but the futa/shemale thing was the main popularity and now since they don't really focus on it we get 0 good content. They released an art pic of a bandit touching his crotch. How useful is that? He's only in the lower first levels of the island and doesn't appear later on if I remember correctly.

OVERAL: IF THEY DONT FIX THE GAME JUST DROP IT.

eppz

Apr 29, 2017
Seems there was a new patreon build on July 1st, any-chance someone could upload?.

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Someone have a walktrough ??
Eh, you don't really need a walkthrough, the game is pretty linear for now.
Events are timed, so you just need to keep going.

Grind a lot to level up. Read the tutorial, and that's all.
The grind itself will let you get accustomed to playstyle. There's no game-over, so no worries.

Jan 8, 2018
When you say that events are timed, do you mean that they happen automatically, or that I'm going to need to rush through everything to avoid missing them?

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Automatically (at least the ones that are in the game currently) mostly, but some requires you to check on them first.

For example, whenever you want to travel for the first time, you'll get X event. When a week passes, you get another X event. Going to a specific place, it'll trigger that specific event. And so and so.

So, let's say you're at the forest, grinding levels. If you saty there dungeoning, you'll do fine. When you return to the ship, if a week passes you'll get X event, and if you travel to X place, you'll get the other event.

Overall, is better to move around first, take a look at everything and talk with everyone. That way you'll trigger everything for sure as time passes.

The system is very simple, as you have a destination (a city for example) and a dungeon related to it. You go to the city first, take a look at everything, then move on to dungeon (or yo can go back to other city).
It's a map based game, so it's hard to miss on something, since you can move around freely to check back just in case. And what you can't check, it will happen automatically as time passes.

RJP

Aug 12, 2017
Being submissive to Aurelia changes something in future events? I ended the Jagrit quest, and some dialogs make me suspicious about my sex option with Aurelia, about alpha dog and things. I choice the submissive way to lose less simpaty with her.

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Being submissive to Aurelia changes something in future events? I ended the Jagrit quest, and some dialogs make me suspicious about my sex option with Aurelia, about alpha dog and things. I choice the submissive way to lose less simpaty with her.
Apparently, there's something planned, yes.

I've talked briefly with the dev (Switch), and seems to have a lot of plans.
But, from what I understand, he's doing most of the work, coding, graphics and animations (seems like he hired 2 new artists), and he's spreading thin, adding more content while what's already there doesn't works properly.

That being said, the guy is actually pretty cool.
I went straight to his Discord, and started to point out things (most of them what we usually complain here, like crashes, classes not working, etc), and Switch not only paid attention and took note, he also asked for whatever feedback we had.
In his own words: "all this it's incredibly useful... I want to get more feedback like this, but didn't see much".
Of course, I didn't told him I was using a free dwld of the patreon version, or were I read all the complains.

Point is:
better to approach him straight on.
He seems to be connected most of the day, and answers without problems.
His Discord is pretty active, but people uses it more like a forum rather than talking about the game, and he not only needs help testing and getting feedback, but also actually wants it.

Atsu

Sep 23, 2017
Download the Public Demo and the attached file, unpack them, then open the jar of the demo with 7zip or something, go to ".\com\virtuousdevelopment\ventureseas\config" in the jar and replace the GameConfig.class with the one from the attachment.

It's just a modified class with demoMode set to false and debugMode set to true.
Not 100% sure the public demo is identical to the Patreon build apart from those flags, but I'm pretty confident it is.

edit: Updated with September Gameconfig.class
Not quite sure if it was necessary, but I had the game decompiled anyway, so...

AnotherLurker

May 19, 2017
I still do not understand the concept of the main hero in this game.
All we can do is talking, fighting always do some other people.

How can anyone have respect to the weak leader, who just hide behind his subordinates and never fight?
He's the guy paying the bills. They know how to follow orders, fight, dodge traps, etc--he knows how to make money off of them doing that. Leaders who can't fight can still be charismatic, give intelligent orders, and be trusted to make better decisions. Sometimes "better" isn't even a criterion: people just prefer to follow and avoid the stresses and responsibility of leading. In this case, you're not necessarily weak or cowardly so much as you never learned how to fight and you don't get the option to do so in the game. You and your crewmates all have different specializations: in exchange for their work they expect you to keep food on the table, a roof overhead, and cash on hand. And they expect you to do that better than they could while managing a bunch of other people and navigating whatever passes for an economy.

Reactions: bearclaw01234

para15

Jun 13, 2017
Download the Public Demo and the attached file, unpack them, then open the jar of the demo with 7zip or something, go to ".\com\virtuousdevelopment\ventureseas\config" in the jar and replace the GameConfig.class with the one from the attachment.

It's just a modified class with demoMode set to false and debugMode set to true.
Not 100% sure the public demo is identical to the Patreon build apart from those flags, but I'm pretty confident it is.

edit: Updated with September Gameconfig.class
Not quite sure if it was necessary, but I had the game decompiled anyway, so...
Well thx for the effort but i still can't acess the debug feature

3.20 star(s) 27 Votes