JorgeFFC

Jun 10, 2017
Just finished a rush run through normal mode with Cheat Engine changing values and amplifying Chaos as high as could while corrupted the girls. Got the usual true Chaos ending for Venus Blood Series(Dark Overlord in Throne with tentacles, all girls corrupted+alive this is normally the accepted true ending as it's how the game is intended to end than single girl choice/special ending if u accept return to their kingdom when they ask). Sharing the NG+ Data Save on Hard mode with saves spread through the gameplay. Save 1 is already on NG+ Hard Mode. The other saves are on page 10, 9, 8 and 7 spread through the chapters.
Path to save folder is: "*/user/documents/dualtail/pastehere"

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2020
Maybe I'm just used to VBF normal difficulty stats which is more forgiving.
tested the game,
running and losing = infinite loop to lose the game.
you are supposed to beat enemy to gain exp and do it repeatedly.

the enemy also grow stronger from beating you OR after each turn passed. (not sure if both apply or only one of them since this is based on assumption.)

Rosemyne

Oct 22, 2021
just wondering but for characters like Leonhardt and anora to get the benefit from the leader link do they have to be in the same squad or do they have to be leaders of different squads fighting in the same location?

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
  1. If you have a defender unit with "Defense Only" do they still activate other skills such as "Cure paralysis"? Or will those skills not activate since it might be considered an attack?

2. Also Treasure Hunter/Bounty Hunter, is their some sort of cap of max points you need for a team?

3. I remember back in -Frontier- you would want to recruit unit's that cost magic during the night+proper elemental phase and units that cost's food during the day for max bonus, In this game it seem's the face is always bright pink and happy no matter if it's day or night, did they change it so time of day doesn't matter so long as it's the correct elemental phase, or am I misunderstanding something?
Units with Defense Only still activate all skills except skills with "Attack" in their name. Ailment skills can be enabled with Counter Ailment.

There's no cap on Treasure Hunter. More is better. Bounty Hunter doesn't stack the way Treasure Hunter does. Each level of Bounty Hunter grants a specific material/ore equal to its rank (ex. Bounty Hunter 3 will always grant rank 3 Silver Ore), and each instance of Bounty Hunter grants its own item.

I don't recall the day/night = food/magic being a thing in past entries, but it could be that recruitment timing is more lenient. All that matters is sparkly red happy face means you're good to go. There is no "hidden" tier within the highest hiring status.
just wondering but for characters like Leonhardt and anora to get the benefit from the leader link do they have to be in the same squad or do they have to be leaders of different squads fighting in the same location?
Same squad, and only one gets the bonus. If Leon is leader, Anora gets the stat boost and vice-versa.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Anyone have a more in depth route guide? If I assume the full on chaos domination mind break everyone route is just picking all the asshole options, but is there a more tricky requirement for different chaos endings? I remember VBF had some pretty specific requirements that required law/chaos and affection scores for some of the routes and endings. What I'm seeing in the early stages is that corrupting choices and chaos choices often decrease the girls affection value.

If I think back on VBF, I believe there were the fully corrupted/transformed heroine endings, corrupted heroine endings, and the vanilla ones. Those were independant of the chaos law ruler endings I think. It just seems much harder to corrupt girls and earn chaos points while keeping the relationships high.

There are probably unlockable forms and such for keeping the girls relationship high... In VBF it was possible to have a single all purpose save file that could go into almost every ending from the crucial branch point towards the end. Is something like that possible here...?

May 28, 2019
My bet is that when VB: Savior comes out next year (and so far it looks really good) they will announce another localization kickstarter, this time for their newest installment in the series.
It would be a pretty good business model, another kickstarter would give them time and money to develop game after Savior.

I only wonder for how much longer english community is gonna keep financing those localizations. 2 000 00$+ is a really hefty price tag for a mere localization.
A "mere" localization? I think you underestimate how much effort goes into these huge localization. The game is super long with just visual novel content only, not to mention all the gameplay and mechanics. You have to translate not just the visual novel but every stat and unit and ability, etc. Then you have to get somebody to check and playtest to make sure no typos are left behind. You saw how much discussion are going on in this thread about gameplay, and every single word of the game needs a human translator who knows JP. I'm simplifying the process, but I hope you can see this is not your typical F95 one-click MTL :KEK: Far from it.

That is just translation btw, here is the chart you can find on their KS page:
1638050882715.png

In the ocean of Kickstarter scams and false promises, ninetail and JAST are the only one who deliver their promise in the given deadline. How many JP visual novel localization Kickstarters fail to deliver? How many still stuck in progress months or years past their deadline? I don't see why the community supporting ninetail and JAST is bad, they're an example to set for the rest of this industry. That is why every Venus Blood Kickstarters has been hella hyped, they deserve it.

You should consider the alternative: A world where ninetail and JAST see this as a huge risky cost. Then they don't bother localize anything. Fans like us stuck with MTL for life. Yeah, fuck that timeline, take my money instead and make good localization.

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
I remember playing it years ago with a bootleg auto translator, so unless anything changed it goes like this:

There are several routes and different endings for each girl ( usually pairs of girls, since most girls in this game come in pairs, i.e. sisters or commander and servant, that kind of stuff).

The consensual route which is just you growing closer and eventually marrying them, it's generally vanilla stuff with tentacles mixed in.

Then there is the corruption route which involves corrupting said pair of girls (usually corrupting one of them and using her to corrupt the other). This is ultimately "Spicy Vanilla" with no ntr and just your generic fuck them until they go mad with pleasure. Girls become genuinely in love with you once you break them in good. I think there is only one instance when you have your girl give a blowjob to others or something, but it doesn't go past that.

And then there is the chaos route which is the fucked up route where you break everyone. In the final chapters you have to choose some of the broken girls to completely break them in to feed some sort of deus ex machina. Those events usually involve free use or sharing since you just throw them away to be raped. Ultimately i think it may be possible to sacrifice side hoes and keep all the main girls, or you can sacrifice main girls and get super free use orgy. You always keep your sister as your toy though.

TLDR: there is only one route where there can be Sharing/NTR and even then it's just you throwing away girls you don't like/need for plot reasons. If there are some girls you like you can keep them yours 100%.
This sounds like the usual Evil Route thing many AliceSoft games and other devs do, so that is cool. But now i have some questions about that pregnancy tag up there. Tentacles and pregnancy leave me guessing there might be some monster-birth or unbirth here, is that true or do we only talk about human pregnancy despite all the tentacle stuff here?

Also in regard to gameplay and grindyness i call it. I tried Venus Blood Frontier a while ago,and it came off has spamming the player with combat right from the get go. Is this better or even worse in that regard.

• Hey there
Reactions: wiwem71072

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Anyone have a more in depth route guide? If I assume the full on chaos domination mind break everyone route is just picking all the asshole options, but is there a more tricky requirement for different chaos endings? I remember VBF had some pretty specific requirements that required law/chaos and affection scores for some of the routes and endings. What I'm seeing in the early stages is that corrupting choices and chaos choices often decrease the girls affection value.

If I think back on VBF, I believe there were the fully corrupted/transformed heroine endings, corrupted heroine endings, and the vanilla ones. Those were independant of the chaos law ruler endings I think. It just seems much harder to corrupt girls and earn chaos points while keeping the relationships high.

There are probably unlockable forms and such for keeping the girls relationship high... In VBF it was possible to have a single all purpose save file that could go into almost every ending from the crucial branch point towards the end. Is something like that possible here...?
Keep in mind I haven't cleared everything in Hollow yet (still technically on NG, actually), so this answer is based on Hypno.

Short answer to the final question: no. You need to pick either Law or Chaos and stick with your choice as early as possible.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: desmosome

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Keep in mind I haven't cleared everything in Hollow yet (still technically on NG, actually), so this answer is based on Hypno.

Short answer to the final question: no. You need to pick either Law or Chaos and stick with your choice as early as possible.
Thanks. That gives me a good idea on how to proceed.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
This sounds like the usual Evil Route thing many AliceSoft games and other devs do, so that is cool. But now i have some questions about that pregnancy tag up there. Tentacles and pregnancy leave me guessing there might be some monster-birth or unbirth here, is that true or do we only talk about human pregnancy despite all the tentacle stuff here?

Also in regard to gameplay and grindyness i call it. I tried Venus Blood Frontier a while ago,and it came off has spamming the player with combat right from the get go. Is this better or even worse in that regard.
Memory's foggy, but I'm pretty sure all pregnancy is monstrous in nature, unless it's ending-related.

Not sure what you mean by the gameplay. This has much the same feel as all of the other VB games as far as the cycle of story -> combat -> more story -> more combat. You can play on the easiest difficulty and click the auto-win button if you want a pure VN.

It's worth noting that combat is highly streamlined, especially with Battalions being a thing. VBH is also very generous with its starting roster, which should greatly reduce initial frustration. Lynette is a natural pair with Noel to get you started on a Beast division, and Leon's division kicks ass on its own, so you technically start with two extremely solid divisions that each have the core Guarder (Ops Mage is an amazing starting unit) and heavy hitter(s) practically built for you. Snag a Cerberus and the Beast division is pretty much golden. Anora's division is sadly underwhelming, but since she has Squad Boost and healing, and only two racial types, neither of which you can reliably build a boost team around early, the trick is to relegate everyone but her to Internal Affairs and just build another team for her.

kingking00

Nov 1, 2016
You do know that the Kickstarter added a shit ton of new content and that saves aren't usually compatible between EN and JP versions with games like this anyways, right? If the saves are compatible here with all the differences and with no issues, that would be quite impressive.
The game isn't running a new engine or anything and the new stuff is just added on top of the Hypno version of the game so the saves for it still work. Yes, I did try it and the only thing missing are the new scenes.

Reactions: Suit

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
meanwhile i am playing hard and i am kinda stuck.
Since you went there first, if you took every Chaos choice up until then (Chaos >= 8), you should have access to a Yamato Guarder with All Null as a leader skill. You should be able to kill it before it attacks though. Alternatively, you can also distract it using a decoy division with a high Evade unit like the Sprite Fairy or Sprite Sylphid with Distraction (Scout, Evade 15) and Sprinter (Beast, Evade 5) as titles and Evade equipment.

Shinlaw

Aug 6, 2017
meanwhile i am playing hard and i am kinda stuck.
Same here lol, fighting this shit rn on hard. It's literally impossible at the first playthrough. I'm lvl 51 and he is 37, still deletes my 6 squads like garbage

UPD: nwm I can't do it with 60 lvl divisions, this shit is broken

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 15 Votes