LancerWB

May 16, 2018
Anyone know where you can see force gauge(the thing you need to use tactical skill)? unlike frontier where it pretty visible I just can't seem to find it in this game, make battle kinda annoying since I don't know if I can use tactical skill.

JorgeFFC

Jun 10, 2017
Anyone know where you can see force gauge(the thing you need to use tactical skill)? unlike frontier where it pretty visible I just can't seem to find it in this game, make battle kinda annoying since I don't know if I can use tactical skill.
Right when u're battling u can swap the party u want to use the skills by click on the leader portrait(small ones in the menu) this will change avaliable tactical skills of the party and the mana is the green gauge on the left that fills together ti'll 5... or 5 Green when capped/max. Normal atk fills it, parrys and def also does, though some mobs are capable of reducing the gauge, so u see it floating a lot while u play
An image to Help u understand...
1638074825852.png
Here's the info...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shinlaw

JorgeFFC

Jun 10, 2017
just wondering but how do you use the key of destany?
You need to stock on about 20 of them. Change to use 20 at once then hold with left on the mouse and press right once, or the wheel button. This is how u use items. It can also be used to power level units by crafting the Hero-Armor(that gives 200 exp) cheat engine it on high values then spam 20 uses giving 2k exp to all units u have. This way they can reach their growth cap(lv's 120, 140 and 160 in normal for some). There are 4 or 5 special units that can be recruited with the keys, a Fortress Tank Dragon with a Cannon(that remembers a digimon), Yamata no Orochi, Hercules(i think was the name?) and so on. Also the Fairy Titania in corrupted mode(special version).

This is one of the possible to recruit units with these keys...
1638075518728.png

Titania is another one... there are 4~6 units out of memory when playing through pure Chaos Route that ends with everyone corrupted+surviving+tentacle king CG.
1638075599044.png

Reactions: kirto12

LancerWB

May 16, 2018
Right when u're battling u can swap the party u want to use the skills by click on the leader portrait(small ones in the menu) this will change avaliable tactical skills of the party and the mana is the green gauge on the left that fills together ti'll 5... or 5 Green when capped/max. Normal atk fills it, parrys and def also does, though some mobs are capable of reducing the gauge, so u see it floating a lot while u play
An image to Help u understand...
View attachment 1522247
Here's the info...
Thank for the info, I get it now.

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
Memory's foggy, but I'm pretty sure all pregnancy is monstrous in nature, unless it's ending-related.

Not sure what you mean by the gameplay. This has much the same feel as all of the other VB games as far as the cycle of story -> combat -> more story -> more combat. You can play on the easiest difficulty and click the auto-win button if you want a pure VN.

It's worth noting that combat is highly streamlined, especially with Battalions being a thing. VBH is also very generous with its starting roster, which should greatly reduce initial frustration. Lynette is a natural pair with Noel to get you started on a Beast division, and Leon's division kicks ass on its own, so you technically start with two extremely solid divisions that each have the core Guarder (Ops Mage is an amazing starting unit) and heavy hitter(s) practically built for you. Snag a Cerberus and the Beast division is pretty much golden. Anora's division is sadly underwhelming, but since she has Squad Boost and healing, and only two racial types, neither of which you can reliably build a boost team around early, the trick is to relegate everyone but her to Internal Affairs and just build another team for her.
Thanks for the info you're posting.

May I ask if the game is entirely from the MC POV? Or does it change at any point?

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Info and tips from the Japanese wiki, with some notes from me:
Thanks for the info you're posting.

May I ask if the game is entirely from the MC POV? Or does it change at any point?
Leon is present for all important story points and most H scenes, but I'm pretty sure the entire game is in third-person. He's also not around for introductory scenes and several conversations involving Dark Lords and their subordinates.

Last edited:

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
Since you went there first, if you took every Chaos choice up until then (Chaos >= 8), you should have access to a Yamato Guarder with All Null as a leader skill. You should be able to kill it before it attacks though. Alternatively, you can also distract it using a decoy division with a high Evade unit like the Sprite Fairy or Sprite Sylphid with Distraction (Scout, Evade 15) and Sprinter (Beast, Evade 5) as titles and Evade equipment.

Not really, i am not strong enough to kill it fast. my team is around level 40-42 for the first encounter and gets wiped really fast. also even with all null i am getting shelled for ~500+ damage on all my units every turn. and thats just the ship - i am not even counting 2 other squads that accompany it. even i i focus it barele 1/4 of hp is gone b4 i die. oh well, more suffering i guess

Mar 12, 2018
This game seems pretty meh.

Story is somewhat interesting when ignoring shonen-anime cliches.
Combat seems to be just throwing your squads against the enemy's and easily winning everything on Normal (after spending 10 minutes trying to figure out how to even move your squads).
Sex scenes are like 1 frame per minute, with all the budget going into pig squealing noises again, and text not reflecting what you see on screen.

I also couldn't find a slider that makes the pig squealing more silent without lowering the volume of all voices.
Playing with loudspeakers, this is rather inconvenient.

Probably not gonna continue playing this game.
Lol. Try to achieve S++ rating on all maps on Normal, then it's going to be interesting. Or try Hard and fail miserably because the game is really deep in terms of tactics. It's just that you haven't even read the game guide and don't understand anything. On Normal the game starts easy but then becomes progressively harder. On Hard the game starts super hard (unless you've played other games in the series) and then gets easier in mid-game only to get super hard later on again.

As for "pig squealing" as you call it, if you're talking about BGV then they can be turned off completely. I mean, there're hundreds of sex scenes and most of them are actually well-written so your complaints are really misguided.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PeteHanson

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
Memory's foggy, but I'm pretty sure all pregnancy is monstrous in nature, unless it's ending-related.

Not sure what you mean by the gameplay. This has much the same feel as all of the other VB games as far as the cycle of story -> combat -> more story -> more combat. You can play on the easiest difficulty and click the auto-win button if you want a pure VN.

It's worth noting that combat is highly streamlined, especially with Battalions being a thing. VBH is also very generous with its starting roster, which should greatly reduce initial frustration. Lynette is a natural pair with Noel to get you started on a Beast division, and Leon's division kicks ass on its own, so you technically start with two extremely solid divisions that each have the core Guarder (Ops Mage is an amazing starting unit) and heavy hitter(s) practically built for you. Snag a Cerberus and the Beast division is pretty much golden. Anora's division is sadly underwhelming, but since she has Squad Boost and healing, and only two racial types, neither of which you can reliably build a boost team around early, the trick is to relegate everyone but her to Internal Affairs and just build another team for her.
Great, thanks for the heads-up. Means, like i expected, this series is not for me. Have fun guys!

Reactions: wiwem71072

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
This game seems pretty meh.

Story is somewhat interesting when ignoring shonen-anime cliches.
Combat seems to be just throwing your squads against the enemy's and easily winning everything on Normal (after spending 10 minutes trying to figure out how to even move your squads).
Sex scenes are like 1 frame per minute, with all the budget going into pig squealing noises again, and text not reflecting what you see on screen.

I also couldn't find a slider that makes the pig squealing more silent without lowering the volume of all voices.
Playing with loudspeakers, this is rather inconvenient.

Probably not gonna continue playing this game.
This was from what little i did play the case with Venus Blood Frontier already as well. I guess this is just the way these guys write their stuff.

Mar 12, 2018
I don't feel like there would be any worthwhile reward in doing so.

I also don't like having to read 3rd party guides to do the most basic stuff.
Things like that should be explained ingame (or ideally not having to be explained at all), but there is no explanation and just a very poor unintuitive UX.
The Tutorial is on the Title screen of the game... It's literally in-game but is separated from the story because many players are already familiar with the series.
What do you mean by reward? Doing everything as effectively as possible is the whole point of strategy games. If you're just interested in sex scenes then you can play on easy and skip combat or just download a full save.

How? (I'm talking about the "moaning" in sex scenes)
It's the second option called Background Voice settings.

Reactions: Golden Vampire

Darkhells

Oct 23, 2018
Official discord from the Venus Blood series, tactics, fanart, gameplay discussions, feedback, etc:

Perveckt

Jun 18, 2020
I keep trying to make Divisions and using the unit types in the formation deception, and they seem to be dog shit. How important is the unit type for the formation? Is there something else i should be focusing on building around instead? I keep seeing people reference skills and a "beast team" is that just referring to where they are recruited from, and should that be what i'm building around?

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I keep trying to make Divisions and using the unit types in the formation deception, and they seem to be dog shit. How important is the unit type for the formation? Is there something else i should be focusing on building around instead? I keep seeing people reference skills and a "beast team" is that just referring to where they are recruited from, and should that be what i'm building around?
Just ignore those formation effects for the most part. Imagine having a division with mostly Bladers and lancers or something. It would be dog shit as you found out. It's important to treat party building like a WoW raid team or something. You need to fill the positions and cover as much bases as you can. The basics is that you want a bait unit with very low defense, a tanker with defense only and forward guard behind it, some damage dealers, healer/support units. Then you worry about other things like Null aoe/buffs/absolute cure/barriers/treasure hunt/etc. It's a good idea to give main tanks day/night attuned if you fight a lot in opposite time cycle. Other than that don't mix and match day/night units. Units lose half their defense when in the opposite time cycle. Especially don't use a bait unit that has opposite day/night as the rest of the party or have day/night attuned. If you fight in the wrong time cycle and your bait unit suddenly has more defense then some other non protected unit, the whole formation breaks down.

Team building is incredibly complex and hard to figure out because the tutorials just isn't informative enough. When you start making some incredible teams that functions like a well oiled machine, it's so satisfying. THAT is what I personally think is the main selling point of the VB series.

4.10 star(s) 15 Votes