Perveckt

Jun 18, 2020
Just ignore those formation effects for the most part. Imagine having a division with mostly Bladers and lancers or something. It would be dog shit as you found out. It's important to treat party building like a WoW raid team or something. You need to fill the positions and cover as much bases as you can. The basics is that you want a bait unit with very low defense, a tanker with defense only and forward guard behind it, some damage dealers, healer/support units. Then you worry about other things like Null aoe/buffs/absolute cure/barriers/treasure hunt/etc. It's a good idea to give main tanks day/night attuned if you fight a lot in opposite time cycle. Other than that don't mix and match day/night units. Units lose half their defense when in the opposite time cycle. Especially don't use a bait unit that has opposite day/night as the rest of the party or have day/night attuned. If you fight in the wrong time cycle and your bait unit suddenly has more defense then some other non protected unit, the whole formation breaks down.

Team building is incredibly complex and hard to figure out because the tutorials just isn't informative enough. When you start making some incredible teams that functions like a well oiled machine, it's so satisfying. THAT is what I personally think is the main selling point of the VB series.
Thanks for the tips. So if that's the case I can't help but notice that the formations give a damage buff to those various unit types so would it be worth it to use those unit types as my damage dealers or just completly and totally blow off the formations all together?

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Thanks for the tips. So if that's the case I can't help but notice that the formations give a damage buff to those various unit types so would it be worth it to use those unit types as my damage dealers or just completly and totally blow off the formations all together?
Yea, that's a good idea. Just try to consider how well they fit into the division too.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
From my experience, the formations can be ignored completely. The damage bonus vs weak formations is nice when it's active, not something you actively build around. Ideally, you get the class bonus, but don't go out of your way for it. I have yet to see the skill bonus/malus do anything significant, but I can see the Evade debuff being useful on higher difficulties.
Anyone know how to get the 115 of law+chaos to unlock the ultimate tactica?
In the base game, I think the max Law+Chaos you could get was 90 by doing Chaos route and picking choices and events with max Law/Chaos rewards, so you need to play on Thanatos (+13 starting Law and Chaos so you start with 26 total + 90 = 116) to reach 115. Then again, with the addition of content, maybe you can reach it on Very Hard (+10 starting Law and Chaos).

Reactions: DC123

Perveckt

Jun 18, 2020
Would some one take a screen shot to share where the games tells you where and when you have the class bonus?

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Can I get enough points to get both Anora and Noel endings on my first run (choas)? It seems like a lot of choices need to pick between anora or noel.

Vitklim

Feb 22, 2018
Does anyone have a full save with the whole gallery unlocked that they can post? The one I found already in this thread is missing a lot of scenes.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Can I get enough points to get both Anora and Noel endings on my first run (choas)? It seems like a lot of choices need to pick between anora or noel.
You only need to gain one point of Noel's affection outside of her friendship events, which naturally grant you the rest of the affection you need. Noel's final friendship event actually requires a combined affection total of 10 between her and Anora, so you generally want to prioritize Anora so you meet the requirement for her ending.

Reactions: desmosome

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Would some one take a screen shot to share where the games tells you where and when you have the class bonus?
The class bonus is applied passively to all applicable units. There is no visual indicator that it is active.

Perveckt

Jun 18, 2020
The class bonus is applied passively to all applicable units. There is no visual indicator that it is active.
Wonderful, LOL. Thanks for the info i think part of my issue was also swapping a lot of my lvled units for new ones. Is there a way to recruit LVLed units to replace with?

Much thanks once again for all the help i've gotten, this game really doesn't explain much. I read all the tutorials and it didn't explain shit.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Wonderful, LOL. Thanks for the info i think part of my issue was also swapping a lot of my lvled units for new ones. Is there a way to recruit LVLed units to replace with?

Much thanks once again for all the help i've gotten, this game really doesn't explain much. I read all the tutorials and it didn't explain shit.
Unfortunately, no. Investing in Military (and all the other sectors too) via Internal Affairs is important, and you can buy the EXP item from the Equip menu if you need a desperate replacement in the middle of a mission (you really shouldn't). Even one or two turns of passive EXP with healing is enough to make a new unit viable, and every map starts with a free turn where all squads cannot attack, so that means free EXP for new units. By the time this is no longer the case, your teams should be able to carry one or two new units as you swap them out.

And yeah, it's unfortunate how little explanation there is. I'd call it an oversight, but it's more that there's just so much to explain I wouldn't know how to go about structuring a guide to explain it all. The tutorials really don't explain enough.

Mar 12, 2018
I just tried setting "Background Voice Settings" to "Mute" and there's still fake moans in sex scenes.
I have a suspicion that you're just stupid... There are background moans and then there are voiced moans of the girls that are a part of the dialogue. Obviously, you can't remove the latter without making the actual voice quieter.

Anyway, you went into this game with the wrong expectations. First and foremost it's a story and gameplay focused game. IDK why you even bother if you just want sex scenes while hating Japanese voice acting, lol.

maxdrell

Jun 7, 2017
Quick question, are there any H-scenes for the sub-characters on the Law Route, or do they only get scenes if you choose the chaos option rather than throwing them straight to prison?

kirto12

Jul 15, 2017
Quick question, are there any H-scenes for the sub-characters on the Law Route, or do they only get scenes if you choose the chaos option rather than throwing them straight to prison?
if you talking about the sub-commanders for each of the dark lords then yes but not many each has around 2 to 3 one of them is the ending as if you don't corrupt the dark lords both they and their sub-commander each get a different ending if you have 6 affection or more.

there is also one near the end of their route on around 5 affection.

some have a third which I believe was added in for the international version of the game from what I have seen whall playing the ones with the extra seans are Ayame and Liese for the sub-commanders.

Last edited:

wyldstrykr

Nov 30, 2017

anyone knows what these does??
farming probably increase food per turn?
sorcery probably increase the purple orb thing per turn?
military increases eXp to all recruited units and commander per turn?
and medicine restore hp of all recruited units and commander per turn?
idk what the other two is. factory is the blue thingy required to buy recruit medal tactical? and commerce is gold gain per turn?

kirto12

Jul 15, 2017

anyone knows what these does??
farming probably increase food per turn?
sorcery probably increase the purple orb thing per turn?
military increases eXp to all recruited units and commander per turn?
and medicine restore hp of all recruited units and commander per turn?
idk what the other two is. factory is the blue thingy required to buy recruit medal tactical? and commerce is gold gain per turn?
farming increases food per turn
sorcery increases magic per turn
military increases XP per turn
medicine increases unit recovery rate per turn
commerce increases gold per turn
factory increases anima per turn

the max level for the investments are 50 at the max level the base stats are

farming level 50 = 12700 food per turn
sorcery level 50 = 12850 magic per turn
military level 50 = 500 XP per turn
medicine level 50 = 500 HP recovery per turn
commerce level 50 = 13500 gold per turn
factory level 50 = 12700 anima per turn

Last edited:
Reactions: wyldstrykr

Alkaid_

May 27, 2021
You aren't stupid, this game skips explanations for a LOT of stuff. The icons are like racial attributes. Icons next to "Type" means that unit belongs to that race. Icons next to "Slay" means that unit does bonus damage to those races. The only important types are Night (moon icon), Undead (white skull), and Wraith (ghost). Night units are weaker in daytime and stronger at night, Undead units don't get healed by normal healing like Target/Division Heal and need either Demon Medic or Equitable Heal, and Wraith units take and deal 1/4 damage against non-Wraiths (nullified if attacker slays Wraiths) and don't get healed by anything except Wraith Heal.
I played a decent chunk of Frontier so I've been having a pretty competent time in this (for instance remembering how fucking silly type-centric teams can get when every creature has Boosts X on them. I have a creature with a base speed of 1 that ends up with 53 through passive buffs lmao). Remember getting absolutely giga-wrecked by some of Odins teams full of that iirc.

One thing I AM forgetting though is what Divine type actually does. Or Supreme, or God, I can't remember the actual name. The crown symbol only some late game stuff has, not the angel halo. I'd swear it gave some special attribute... Like half damage, or status immunity. Am I just misremembering?

The wraith mechanic seems kinda meh. You only get to deal full damage if your opponent slays you, have lower HP so the 1/4 damage thing doesn't matter so much. The main thing is a lot of the wraith units seem to have really extreme skill bonuses relative to other units of the same cost (like 70 parry + 70 boost critical + 70 lethal critical) so they benefit from items more by comparison.

Last edited:

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
I played a decent chunk of Frontier so I've been having a pretty competent time in this (for instance remembering how fucking silly type-centric teams can get when every creature has Boosts X on them. I have a creature with a base speed of 1 that ends up with 53 through passive buffs lmao). Remember getting absolutely giga-wrecked by some of Odins teams full of that iirc.

One thing I AM forgetting though is what Divine type actually does. Or Supreme, or God, I can't remember the actual name. The crown symbol only some late game stuff has, not the angel halo. I'd swear it gave some special attribute... Like half damage, or status immunity. Am I just misremembering?

The wraith mechanic seems kinda meh. You only get to deal full damage if your opponent slays you, have lower HP so the 1/4 damage thing doesn't matter so much. The main thing is a lot of the wraith units seem to have really extreme skill bonuses relative to other units of the same cost (like 70 parry + 70 boost critical + 70 lethal critical) so they benefit from items more by comparison.
The Boost and Command stacking in this game gets out of hand really quick, so much so that I wish it were actually a little less wild. It makes sniping boosters a little too effective and snowball-y. At least the forward guard decoy strat is much easier to pull off if you purposely make the decoy a unit that doesn't benefit from the rest of the team (like, say, a Wraith).

The "Supreme" race (crown icon) is immune to all status ailments.

Wraiths are actually a pretty cool addition to the game IMO. For one thing, they make ideal decoy units, since it seems like half the Wraiths in the game come with Evade 50+. Many also have Poison Attack, which sidesteps their damage penalty against non-Poison/Undead. A Wraith-centric party is less useless than it sounds, since 1/4 of over 10x the enemy's HP is still enough to kill them, and there are plenty of Wraiths with hilariously high values of Helmet Split, Critical Boost, Lethal Critical, and/or Max-Power Attack (no seriously, most of the offensive ones have 150+ skill levels combined in these skills, which is nuts) to help them get there.

Boghet

Dec 6, 2017
Ooooh, these CGs look pretty goo-

*Sees futa

I'ma just back out of this thread real slow now. No sudden movements.

In all seriousness, I'm completely lost where subscribing/ignoring tags are concerned. I remember subscribing to the pregnancy tag at one point, probably when I set my account up, but I can't for the life of me find how to edit subscriptions or to ignore tags. I'm either completely blind to not see these settings under my account settings, or have the IQ of a blind worm fossilized in prehistoric amber that disappointed some eager genetic scientist on Isla Nubla to not know how to edit these things.

Alkaid_

May 27, 2021
The Boost and Command stacking in this game gets out of hand really quick, so much so that I wish it were actually a little less wild. It makes sniping boosters a little too effective and snowball-y. At least the forward guard decoy strat is much easier to pull off if you purposely make the decoy a unit that doesn't benefit from the rest of the team (like, say, a Wraith).

The "Supreme" race (crown icon) is immune to all status ailments.

Wraiths are actually a pretty cool addition to the game IMO. For one thing, they make ideal decoy units, since it seems like half the Wraiths in the game come with Evade 50+. Many also have Poison Attack, which sidesteps their damage penalty against non-Poison/Undead. A Wraith-centric party is less useless than it sounds, since 1/4 of over 10x the enemy's HP is still enough to kill them, and there are plenty of Wraiths with hilariously high values of Helmet Split, Critical Boost, Lethal Critical, and/or Max-Power Attack (no seriously, most of the offensive ones have 150+ skill levels combined in these skills, which is nuts) to help them get there.
It kinda does, but I feel like it might be their way of trying to encourage people to do 'themed' teams, I guess? If boost-stacking wasn't powerful you'd probably just make a team of generically strong units rather than say, team all-ice or all-electric. I might try going for a wraith team at some point though, just for flavor. (At the moment I have Elea running all-undead)

While you're here, do you know what the Law/Chaos point thresholds for the various tactica unlocks are? I'm sitting at 32/13 in chapter 4, so I'll probably be mostly focusing on law from here on to at least make sure I hit high enough in that. Pretty sure in Frontier it was technically possible to unlock every point-based way in a single playthrough but again, dunno with this. Basically no information I can see anywhere, at least in English.

Also, is there a difference between Command Division and Squad Boost? They seem to be worded basically the same and as far as I can tell a single division and a squad are the same thing. From the other Command: X skills I might theorize it's a %age increase rather than a static buff like Boost is, but it doesn't mention that in the description. On the other hand, the translation is a bit spotty in a few parts. For instance the Dragon Summoner's tactical skill is called "Salmon Dragon" when I'm preeeettttyy sure it should be "Summon Dragon", lol.

4.10 star(s) 15 Votes